1. Sieniuss
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2020

2. 猪猪侠007
    Eclair Mar 21, 2020

Yunusrg and Mike_Jiang like this.

3. SantyDxD
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2020

SantyDxD , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Well even if it drain more battery some people (including me) miss it, i think the best is to put the AOD and before turn it on appears an advice that it will drain battery, so the users can decide if keep it on or not....

Yunusrg, pablo.dusso, hafizua and 2 others like this.
  4. Jinning
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2020

Yunusrg and Mike_Jiang like this.
  5. KelvinKamGoon
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2020

KelvinKamGoon , Mar 21, 2020 :
    I'm using the notify buddy app to create an alert colour light/dot for my notifications. It can either create colour dots or use the app icons (paid feature).

More immediately useful than waiting for a feature that may or may not be implemented some unknown time in future.

6. Manish_Saha
    Froyo Mar 21, 2020

Mike_Jiang likes this.
  7. Narayana.reddy
    Eclair Mar 21, 2020

8. o6S1D9e , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 21, 2020 :
    I paid for that app, notify buddy and did all of the devs instructions, phone started acting weird. dev suggests to email before giving bad review. I haven't heard from the dev and I asked for a refund back that they will not Grant.

9. FLIGHTWARS
    Donut Mar 21, 2020

FLIGHTWARS , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I'm not usually posting on the forum but this bothers me so much.
    OnePlus spends a lot of time saying user experience is the most important thing for them as well as creating a user centered ecosystem.
    A lot of users have now been requesting this feature for a while and it's still not available because according to OnePlus this would not be good on a user's experience point of view because it drains battery or I dunno what.
    However as it is requested by the users, if you really want to implement a user centered ecosystem, listen to your users and implement this feature which will probably be used much more than a lot of feature you are realising which I found totally useless (eg. screen recorder, Zen mode, and a bench of other things I have never used).
    Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think these futures are used by that many users, whereas AOD probably would.
    Talking about battery usage of AOD, you can just warn the user that it is using more battery. I feel like you are doing this to protect yourself from having a huge drop in battery life and maybe be behind some competitors ?
    Moreover over I'm quite mad when I see that some features are released only in India, because some of them are really interesting and we, users leaving somewhere else can't access them. (I have nothing against you my Indian friend by the way 😘).
    Finally, I feel like OnePlus is not an innovative brand compared to some others high-tech companies like Tesla, which releases really complex software updates quite often with really innovative ideas.
    So, that's what I had to say 😁
    Hugs and kisses,
    FLIGHT'

OIC71, Chlupacz, Mike_Jiang and 3 others like this.
  10. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2020

11. hafizua
    Eclair Mar 21, 2020

hafizua , Mar 21, 2020 :
    I also want always on display in my one plus 6 .. i don't care about 200 or 300mah battery. who cares about battery give an option to switch it off. and one plus please don't give the same excuse again about battery. every brand implement this awesome feature even the budget phone have this than why not you! hope it will come soon..

Mike_Jiang and Yunusrg like this.
  12. Shayan@3617
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2020

13. beingshady
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2020

14. staygold1gr
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2020

staygold1gr , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 21, 2020 :
    They are checking so often because they don't know if they have a notification or not. and they end up spending more battery that way.. why not have an option to repeat the horizon lights and choose different colours per app notification like the led lamp did? problem solved then

15. viva_la_tko , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Mar 21, 2020 :
    How can be so difficult to put a on/off toggle on AOD? I see your concerns about the battery drain issue but if users see that AOD is draining too much battery then give users a chance to turn AOD off. You are making such a big thing about AOD like you are designing a space shuttle, I really appreciate the effort and details you put into it but sometimes people just want a simple thing such as AOD. Just to remind you, you are not a first one to be making AOD, Samsung is hitting this game since like few years ago and now you are acting that this thing is too huge to handle. Please, listen to your users, give them an option and if they don't like it, please give them an option to turn the feature off. Also, I hope this feature will get to older OnePlus phones, my current phone is OnePlus 6T and I would really like to have AOD, if you can make AOD for 90Hz display, then why can't you tune it down so it supports 60Hz display? As LG said at their LG G3 launch, "Simple is the new smart", it really is and please make it simple and let the users have what they want.

16. MelvinAbes
    Honeycomb Mar 21, 2020

MelvinAbes , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Agreed. Somebody please highlight this to OnePlus

17. sambit1+
    Eclair Mar 21, 2020

sambit1+ , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 21, 2020 :
    I am using Oxygen AOD mode app to use this service.
    and it use very less battery near about 1%.
    i think this concept integrate to OS.
    1584794333348.jpg

D1576877749946 and Yunusrg like this.
  18. Absek009
    Donut Mar 21, 2020

D1576877749946 and Yunusrg like this.
  19. sshundal2006
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2020

sshundal2006 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Even I am thinking of switching to samsung , I have been waiting for this feature for years now and I have lost all hopes . OnePlus you have all the excuses in the world but no commitment to work towards this feature that your consumers want.