[Submitted] always ready fingerprint scanner

1. FAB1150
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2019

FAB1150 , Nov 11, 2019 :
    Title always ready fingerprint scanner
    Device OnePlus7Pro Software Version O2 Stable 191007
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos
    Feature Needed Background Description hi, I just upgraded from a 5T to a 7 Pro. I love it, but there's one thing that feels like a downgrade: the lockscreen experience. I suggest implementing an always ready fingerprint scanner, so that when it detects a touch in the scanner area it immediately starts reading the fingerprint. This way we wouldn't have to double tab first, then wait for the screen to turn on, then tap again, but it would be a seamless unlock experience, just like it was with the 5T. thanks for the amazing tech you provide, Fabio
    Any other comments
    hi, I just upgraded from a 5T to a 7 Pro. I love it, but there's one thing that feels like a downgrade: the lockscreen experience.

I suggest implementing an always ready fingerprint scanner, so that when it detects a touch in the scanner area it immediately starts reading the fingerprint.
    This way we wouldn't have to double tab first, then wait for the screen to turn on, then tap again, but it would be a seamless unlock experience, just like it was with the 5T.

thanks for the amazing tech you provide,
    Fabio

2. moularyves
    Honeycomb Jun 12, 2020

moularyves , Jun 12, 2020 :
    I fully support you on this, unlocking your phone is such a critical and repetitive tasks that I cannot comprehend how they have not implemented this feature yet it is just beyond me I am upgrading from the OnePlus 5T to a OnePlus 7 Pro and I feel the exact same