Always wait for T series phone from OnePlus!!

1. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Oct 23, 2017

dsmonteiro , Oct 23, 2017 :
    LMAO. OnePlus is probably already working on the OnePlus 6 for a few months now, even before these rumors about the OnePlus 5T.

Do you honestly think that brands only start working on a phone after the launch the previous model?

People do love to talk about stuff they don't have a clue about...

Rizla, sfomin and Nezumi_ like this.
  2. G_Colin_Dodds_cIwC
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2017

G_Colin_Dodds_cIwC , Oct 23, 2017 :
    they only made one t series phone OnePlus 3t the t was uesed instead of OnePlus 4 as number 4 is unlucky number in Asia

3. 88dwanel
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2017

88dwanel , Oct 23, 2017 :
    well on the fun side of the serious topic, can't we just opt for a change in the camera hardware from the servicing center of one plus, I am not a huge fan of full screen phones with 2k display or 4k display, as those displays draws more battery power. .........can't we just change the new camera module to the new one....

4. 88dwanel
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2017

88dwanel , Oct 23, 2017 :
    they would definitely go for larger screen and a OIS for the camera, the only thing I would regret is the camera with OIS

Attached Files:

5. ile95
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2017

ile95 , Oct 23, 2017 :
    Well yeah, if you can count 2160x1080 as larger

6. ajaya.bhat
    Froyo Oct 23, 2017

ajaya.bhat , Oct 23, 2017 :
    Totally agree with the OP.

Love my OP5 but the renders and the spec leaks (Resolution and Camera related) do frustrate me to no end.

From an investment point of view, already owning an "outdated" flagship from OnePlus within just a few months from the launch will reduce the phone value within no time.

But hey, iPhone did the same by announcing iPhone X a few mins after iPhone 8/8Plus but at least they were upfront about it ;)

7. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2017

marcusskyfall , Oct 23, 2017 :

Sooooo...let me get this straight, you think that either a 6 or 8 gig phone will be out of date within a few months? I can almost certainly guarantee that there are still people using the one plus one without any problems for sending messages, watching videos, playing music, voice calling, video chatting, playing games, using the calculator, calendar, camera, alarm clock... do I need to go on? I'd still be quite happy to use my nexus 5 had it not been stolen by some low down dirty trifling thief!!

varun5833 and Rizla like this.
  8. F_Syed_Ali_QDdj
    Donut Oct 23, 2017

9. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2017

Your life must be very empty if you feel this way. It's a phone not a life support machine! Get out and about in the fresh air and be thankful that you have made it through another day! Stop whining about a chunk of metal, glass and electronics! :rolleyes:

10. kristijonas123
    Donut Oct 23, 2017

11. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2017

12. ajaya.bhat
    Froyo Oct 23, 2017

Outdated not from the point of view of not being usable. In my case, I generally like to change my phone every year/year and a half to "upgrade" to the latest flagship.

For doing the same, I am fairly dependent on getting some resale value from my old phone. So by the time I plan on buying a new phone, I'll be using a flagship which is probably 2 generations old with considerable degradation in value.

It's probably the only major issue for me apart from not using the latest offering from a brand

13. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2017

You will never build wealth if you think resale value of your telecommunications device is the be all and end all. Same reason as buying a brand new car the second you drive away you lose money :) build your assets not trinkets my friend :)

sfomin likes this.
  14. ajaya.bhat
    Froyo Oct 23, 2017

Haha, thanks for the life tips bud!
    It's just my two cents on how I buy and use my phones and definitely not about building wealth lol. You might be happy using the phone for the next 3 years and that might work for you, but it might not be a great option if someone wants to upgrade next year.

15. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2017

My friend I know that you don't need life tips :)

I just think that we're all getting too obsessed with consumerism and having the latest and greatest. It will not help in the next life :)

16. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 23, 2017

SimonRam , Oct 23, 2017 :
    If you thought they wouldn't release another just to keep you pacified you're sadly deranged.
    Just enjoy your phone.

marcusskyfall likes this.
  17. Sai teja1997
    Froyo Oct 23, 2017

18. RaazJain
    Froyo Oct 23, 2017

RaazJain , Oct 23, 2017 :
    My life is full of joy, don't worry. Yes It just a phone, but we have invested some money, and that money means something to us, atleast something to me.
    And thanks for the advice, but no need of it.

19. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2017

I'm not worried.

20. RaazJain
    Froyo Oct 23, 2017

RaazJain , Oct 23, 2017 :
    I'm enjoying my phone, that is not the scenario.
    The thing is, if they want to release another one then release,but atleast have some gap between 2 models.
    No company is doing this much of marketing strategy.