Am I the only one who feels cheated?

?

Do you think the gift system has been fair?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2020

alextoledo , Jul 29, 2020 :
    My Nord has arrived! And the first feeling is cheating.

Apparently the OnePlus people decided to play the lottery with us, and they succeeded, although if they had warned of this at first they could have saved me from my state of frustration. According to the reward system, when making the purchase you should choose the OxygenOS option to get the Buds as a prize.

On the other hand, like many other users among which I find myself, we have a case or screen protector, a surprise gift that is € 19.90 (Europe), while other users have Buds valued at € 89. Honestly quite a difference in terms of rewards ... some so much and others so little.

If we add to this that the users who pre-ordered their NORD in India take the Bullets Wireless Z + a case, although now they have changed it and give the V1. (From what I read in the forum) I feel that there is some discrimination against the users of EUROPE ...

And OnePlus played it again with its great Marketing movement, forcing us to leave the money in a pre-order to get the long-awaited purchase pass. And at least I was surprised that on the day of the launch of NORD it was put on sale on Amazon with a discount that would lower it € 30 cheaper ... Even with the discount that OnePlus gave me, it was € 10 more expensive than Amazon!

What was the point of pre-ordering? If in the end we have played a lottery, with users with feelings of being scammed and other users with a "good" mid-range terminal and some brand new Buds given away.

Xperia2001, Henry2025 and AZGARDS like this.
  2. ProxymoronYo
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

ProxymoronYo , Jul 29, 2020 :
    It is a gift. You are using words like "cheated" and "scammed" for something you got in addition to what you were expecting.

To answer your question, no: I don't feel cheated, or scammed - and I say that as someone who got a case the same as one I paid for in the same order. I don't necessarily think that makes any sense, but I don't feel cheated or scammed.

otto2, jason.sundaram and pablofg1978 like this.
  3. alextoledo

It is good to know that you do not feel like this, as a consumer if it "bothers me" and therefore creates a feeling of having been scammed, about a mysterious gift and that you should return in case of product return when in the end the majority of been a case.

It is true that it is an addition, and it is appreciated that brands give something in return when you buy a product but they have played more with the HYPE than with the gift. Even so, I have the feeling that the campaign in INDIA is much more aggressive with its users than it has been with the community in EUROPE.

4. dpenov

dpenov , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Oh man. I've been reading the Nord forum for the last 10 days and from what I can see the euro guys (I am one of those) felt I guess angry about the price difference betwenn EU countries. About the surprise gifts I guess it is okay, you get something. They did not mention all gifts cost the same. Kinda sounds like the loot boxes. Of course people who ordered first shared with the others what is behind each gift, so kudos to them. Reading about the buds I can say you will be better without them. Of course there was the possibility to sell them and extract some cash from the phone's price. I preordered the phone from e-tailer with 10% discont which dropped the price to 360 euros and with free shipping. I don't care if I am going to receive it 2 days after the official sales begin.
    Regarding the Indian campain, it is one big mess. There was ton of hype from their local youtubers and elsewhere. This hype overdose led to unreasonable and unrealistic expectations about the phone and the ordering process. I mean being a member of RCC or having the chance to preorder a mid range phone is not something that gives me any kind of excitement. It is a playtoy for some and for others like me a youtube on the toilet device and way to take some photos of my newborn.
    TLDR: The campain could have gone smoother and without so much hype but nothing out of the ordinary.

5. SPankaj
    Donut Jul 29, 2020

SPankaj , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Not only you. In india the y cheating too. Promise of more than 5000rupees gift and giving only 3000rs gifts now. What a scam by oneplus. It will git ths business of oneplus for sure and image of oneplus is down.

6. Timalay
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2020

Timalay , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Yes, I feel it's fair. I don't moan about something that is free. Also from what I've heard the Buds Wireless aren't that great, so no real loss there.

7. Voidq
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

jason.sundaram likes this.
  8. alextoledo

I just wanted to convey that feeling that I had when opening the NORD package, I appreciate that you have the detail of giving us articles.

But I think that both HYPE has suffered that some users expected things that have not arrived.

9. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2020

Shiba±06 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    The only thing I'm feeling cheated about, is paying for priority and not having the phone yet.
    It's probably getting later then my estimated delivery date, so hopefully they can refund me for those cost (€10)🤔

About the gifts..
    It's being called a gift for a reason.
    This whole buying before you know everything about the phone was a big gamble.
    I honestly thought the gift were the stickers or I missed out on something, didn't really expected a great gift or anything..

Feeling disappointed, okay. That's unfortunate but feelings are feelings.

Last thing I want to say, this;
    Seriously? Forcing us? What? How?

10. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

11. alextoledo

I can't cancel anything, since I already received the device.

You can see it as a whimper, I have simply expressed my opinion on what I think of the supposed "mysterious gift".

12. alextoledo

Obviously, a gift is that ... a detail that one person has with another, in this case OnePlus.

But if you read the conditions when you did the PRE-ORDER and they put as a condition that the mysterious gift you must return, I was not the only one that crossed your mind that maybe it would be more than just a cover (which is nice and looks great ) but they feed to think that it can be something of more value, type the cover custom design.

On the other hand, in my case if they have met the deadlines even one day ahead of schedule for delivery, in this sense very happy with the management.

Henry2025 likes this.
  13. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

Madnezz4Ever , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Not really mysterious when you would of been told then what you were getting after selecting it and could of stopped and started over to select something else.

If you didn't pay attention on what it says, then that's on you.

In stead of claiming you felt cheated, be glad they even gave you the opportunity to get something for free.

14. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 29, 2020

The1Lion , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I feel cheated because my OPO and OP6 didn't have any "surprise" gift! :mad: They should retroactively send out surprise gifts to all of us! o_O

Bobbie63 and luigimario like this.
  15. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2020

Madnezz4Ever , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 29, 2020 :
    I feel cheated as all I got was some crappy case when I got my 5T, which actually came with the phone.

16. sabir.sayed
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2020

sabir.sayed , Jul 29, 2020 :
    That's really unfair the price difference should not be much if you have pre-ordered. I guess everyone should get same stuffs who has pre ordered or should get same amount coupon if out of stock,

17. djenuwine
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

djenuwine , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hello !

I'm french and in france, this process is illegal.
    https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affi...Texte=LEGITEXT000006069565&dateTexte=20200729

Especially the article L122-8. Each special offer has to be mentioned fully in the e-mail. At this point, we knew nothing about :
    - The offer
    - The phone
    - The limited time to use the coupon code
    - The box content

And after only 48h, the coupon is expired. You can't use the coupon for something else.

So what's happen now ? I suggest to attack OnePlus, not for 20€ but to stop this way to cheat the community.

After my Popup Box covers problem, it's the second time I have to lose my time to get what I own. OnePlus is, for now, my worst tech experience.

18. FlorianCsu , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Salut qu'est ce qu'il s'est passé pour toi ? J'ai reçu mon téléphone hier sans problèmes personnellement.

Hey what went wrong for you? I got my order yesterday and there was no problems with it.

PS : je traduis en anglais pour les autres personnes de ce fil de discussion.

19. djenuwine
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

djenuwine , Jul 30, 2020 :
    J'ai demandé à me rétracter pour la commande. Au début, j'étais pour utiliser le bon pour autre chose sur le site. Non seulement le bon a expiré à peine 48h après (alors que ceux gratuits duraient plus lontemps) mais en plus, impossible de l'utiliser pour autre chose. La suite est une succession d'incohérences et de m'enfoutisme total de la part de la marque.

Je ne suis pas seul d'ailleurs.

20. FlorianCsu , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jul 30, 2020 :
    FR

Il me semble que j'avais vu la date d'expiration indiquée quelque part donc moi j'avais commandé des que le coupon est devenu cliquable.

Concernant l'utilisation du bon, il est normal que tu ne puisses pas l'utiliser pour autre chose que la précommande c'était indiqué sur le site. Dans mes souvenirs il y avait écrit qu'en payant 20€ la précommande tu recevrai un code pour avoir une réduction de 20€ lors de l'achat du tel. Je n'ai pas vu qu'il était indiqué que tu pouvait l'échanger contre autre chose...

Après tu es en droit de demander un remboursement, bien que je ne sois sur de rien quant à leur réponse et droits de ce côté là.

------------------------------------------------------------

EN

I think I saw something about the 48 hours expiration date of the voucher code somewhere, so I ordered the phone as soon as the link in the coupon became active.

As for the voucher code, it isn't surprising that you cannot use it for anything but pre-ordering, which was stated on the website. If my memory serves me right, it was written that when paying 20€ you would receive a code to get a 20€ discount when you bought your Nord. I didn't see anything about the possibility to use it to buy something else on the OnePlus store.

You have every rights to ask for a refund though I cannot be certain of how they would respond and if they can refuse your claim.