Am I the only one?

1. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2016

ShortyEx , Jun 11, 2016 :
    You know, I really don't understand what all these negative posts are about? I've had this OP2 for a while and have only had one major problem, that I could't connect to my carkit, which was fixed in 2.2.x after reporting it via Twitter.

You bought a smartphone with great specs for €350. Do you know what an IPhone or Samsung with similar specs costs?

I admit there being some bugs in the software once in a while and for some users the upgrade to MM has caused some problems but you've just updated to a new major version of an operating system! Do you think that Apple does that any better?

If I update to a new major version of OS X on my desktop, in 90% of the updates I've done in the past (since OS X Tiger) this goes pretty smoothly, the other 10% or more I ended up having to do a clean install.

Desktop you say? But I'm talking phones! Yup, same shit. My iPhone 4s was still officially supported by iOS8 but was rendered virtually useless after updating. I couldn't even browse the web or read my emails without lag. Same for my wife's iPhone 4 on iOS7.

And as a developer I can assure you that every time you update a system there are going to be some issues, certainly on major updates.

I think you should give credit where it's due. For a €350 phone (or even less nowadays) you get a pretty decent quality device && with OOS3.0.2 being as smooth as it is, the OS is also of good quality compared to what I've sometimes experienced on my past iPhones. And it's close to stock Android without all the ugly screen overlay garbage other manufacturers provide.

For me, what's the biggest plusside is the community && this forum, because when you are experiencing a problem (and are not being a major d*******g about it) you don't even have to contact OP2 but can fix minor problems by the help of other users, provided you actually read what's in the thread instead of blindly posting your issue... Do you have any idea how valuable this kind of user2user interaction is?!

So please, buy an iPhone for triple the money (compared to 5.5", 64gb iPhone+) or buy a Samsung at double the money and get the fugly Galaxy overlay for free with it. Please report you experience on the forum, in this thread afterwards and see if it's any better.

EDIT: Sorry for the typ-o in the title of the thread

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

2. Niraj's
    Eclair Jun 11, 2016

Niraj's , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Hi ShortyEx, I've been using the OP2 since its launch and have never had any problems with it... apart from the delay in software updates... but that's understandable because THE DEVELOPERS AT OP want to make sure everything works as it should...

Rather than complain, people should appreciate and provide feedback (in a nice manner) so that the Developers Team can look into it and fix them...

So come on everyone... Think positive and think twice before you make any f*****g negative comments here...

We have a great Forum... DONT ruin it...

3. JoshBaldassarre

AzarKasXD, hblvd5258, Gonzo01 and 7 others like this.
  4. AloCubano
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2016

5. eye842
    Lollipop Jun 11, 2016

eye842 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    You need to understand that people come from other places than you and bought the phone out of other criterias.
    For some this is the most expensive they can afford and are in a situation where they can not replace it. If their bugs are big they are in bigger trouble than you and me.
    Also remember this phone is advertised as being a flagskib killer (some people still hang on to that marketing lie).

Personally I've only had minor problems and with the 3.0.2 so far it's only sound issues.

ChiefIndica, davkos and nilrb like this.
  6. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2016

nilrb , Jun 11, 2016 :
    The complaints are normally genuine and a dissatisfied customer is always on top of his voice.:p
    However, all other satisfied users don't even notice that some storm is brewing in the neighbourhood.:p
    Silence of most here is the trophy OP would be gunning for.:)

7. ShortyEx

I'm not saying that users don't have the right to complain about bugs and problems, they should to make a better user experience. But they should also be reasonable and keep in mind that, for €350, you get really good value compared to other devices in this price class.

Also it's important to note that the grass isn't always greener. Other high end devices have their problems as well. Try to google for battery drain on iPhone and you'll see it's a recurring problem when updating iOS.

Gonzo01, otto2 and pa5t1s like this.
  8. ChiefIndica
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2016

ChiefIndica , Jun 11, 2016 :
    This is just from the first page of the OP2 sub-forum. What part of these negative posts do you not understand?
    I don't think anyone would mind OnePlus' incompetence quite as much if they were a little more transparent and willing to help when something goes wrong. It's no secret that their support is atrocious, and I don't think anyone could deny that they frequently lie to their customers.

It's unethical to sell a product on false premises, and (when you consider all the factors) the idea that the 2 was any kind of upgrade on the One is laughable.

Attached Files:

chzetzl, Swatpt and gopinathr like this.
  9. ShortyEx

And for all these problems there are about 10 threads and a lot off useless posts stacking up. A lot of problems people are experiencing are caused by not being willing to read what's been said or stated before they posted their problem on the forum.

I'm not defending the lack of transparency or the customer support, only saying that a lot of problems could be solved by being willing to read what's in front of them. I mean how many people are stuck in bootloop because they didn't enable Google services? How many people have asked why their pin is asked at boot? How many people have said fingerprints are gone after update? How many people have complained about maxxaudio after it was clearly stated that it was removed due to the license? The list goes on...

To conclude, communication and customer service at Apple is really bad in my experience as well so I see this as a problem that appears to be everywhere in this business.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

10. singleman
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2016

singleman , Jun 11, 2016 :
    ShortyEx, I agree. And if people really want to see poor customer service join Vodaphone in the UK!!

Niraj's, hblvd5258 and jpswer like this.
  11. ChiefIndica
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2016

ChiefIndica , Jun 11, 2016 :
    And how many people should have to go through this rigmarole to install a simple, official update on their phones, one which was promised months ago and repeatedly delayed because OnePlus supposedly wanted to get it just right? Many users defended the delays on that basis, but it has predictably turned out to be another in a long string of lies.
    God forbid customers are too busy with their lives to spend their limited free time scouring a forum for solutions to problems that shouldn't even exist. Are you really surprised that they're a little frustrated?

Apple deliberately produces software that doesn't function as well on its older handsets because it forces customers to trade up, but at least their bugs don't generally entail literally bricking the device.

pdpkmr, chzetzl, redsch and 1 other person like this.
  12. IvanMuse

IvanMuse , Jun 11, 2016 :
    There aren't many users satisfied with this phone but I'm glad that I'm not the only one that likes it
    I came from Samsung Galaxy S4
    And OnePlus 2 is the best phone I used
    I also tried S5 and S6 Edge

eye842 and pa5t1s like this.
  13. jpswer
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2016

jpswer , Jun 11, 2016 :
    The problem is with any forum people are 100x more likely to come on and complain rather than come on and say everything is OK.

Forums just magnify especially when people create duplicate threads.

Don't forget OnePlus have sold millions of OnePlus 2s and if everyone was having issues we'd know about it!

14. ShortyEx

Bricked apple devices after certain updates aren't that rare tbh. Btw since when is paying €800+ for a device to be pushed into buying a new one after a year with an unusable OS considered normal and OK?

And I do understand that having problems after an update is frustrating but I don't understand why people aren't even willing to read statements and notes on that update especially when they're experiencing issues, instead just blindly start complaining about things that aren't even severe software bugs in most of the cases but rather changes due to MM itself, licensing problems or even setting your fingerprints again after the update.

I'm just trying to say that starting new threads and blindly posting on the forum without being willing to read what has been said by others isn't helping anyone nor is it good for the community of users trying to help each other get a better user experience that is about more than bugs.

Gonzo01 and pa5t1s like this.
  15. el_draco
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2016

el_draco , Jun 11, 2016 :
    I agree very much. Oneplus 2 has been an excellent phone for me since day 1. But I'll still say that oneplus, as a company, has still a lot to mature to be on par with other reputable companies. Their decisions are often very childish and impractical. And I've seen them taking a lot of pride in themselves more than what they deserve. They didn't give enough credit and respect to the very community which made them whatever they are now.
    But what I am seeing recently is that they are at least hearing to the community now and trying not to repeat the same mistakes again. I respect that approach and hope they succeed as long as they don't get overconfident again and ruin it all.

Nevertheless, I'm sure my next phone won't be from oneplus unless they mature as a company too. Till then, off to nexus.

EcoVB, Gonzo01 and pa5t1s like this.
  16. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Jun 11, 2016

pa5t1s , Jun 11, 2016 :
    @ShortyEx my vote of +1 :cool:
    There's no device without problems anywhere. The term 'bug' was 'invented' in the mid-50's...
    This Community is here to help FOR FREE, and helping members don't deserve to suffer from impatient or arrogant people.
    Unfortunately, as this forum is growing, there are more negative members ranting, moaning, whining, insulting... than positive ones, trying to read and find the solution . It's a well-known statistics.
    As you said, grass isn't always greener... They will learn, one day. Haters gonna hate, and lovers will still enjoy :rolleyes::D

PS: no, you're not the only one...

17. gopinathr
    Honeycomb Jun 11, 2016

gopinathr , Jun 11, 2016 :
    //FLAGSHIP KILLER// giving updates at the end of product cycle is really laughable.
    Although, I agree that it has got a great hardware for its price.
    Software update is the issue :)

ChiefIndica and otto2 like this.
  18. otto2
    Photography Expert Jun 11, 2016

otto2 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Wrong information. Just in the last months an apple update bricked a lot of iphones due to bad informations about changing hardware in non apple stores. And there were also several big issues with official apple updates , too. Just google a bit or read it focused newsletters. The argument, that for some people the price of the oneplus phones is very high. They want something cheap, so they have to deal with it. In germany we say: "He pays for a fiat but wants a mercedes". Common sense is telling me. I ll pay a way lower price, can not buy from a local store, so it s clear that i won t get same support. i do not pay much, ok, than i have to switch on my brain and read the forum, if i got some issues. Better: read it, BEFORE i got some issues. as far as i can see here, most problems with the update were caused by non- standard configurations, made by the user himself before. ( Deactivated Google apps for example, rooted phones with non stock recovery and enabled encryption . ) Right now it s still the same OTA file rolling out, just the text on the update screen was changed to make users aware about the right preparing of their phones for the upgrade. so the update itself is not so bad.

Gonzo01 and pa5t1s like this.
  19. otto2
    Photography Expert Jun 11, 2016

otto2 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    90% of Samsung devices are still NOT running "M". 66% of Oneplus devices are running "M". So what s your problem? Flagship Killer does not mean, that you got the newest buggy software. Many Samsung and Apple devices are running slower with new Android versions. Flagship killer because of the hardware, cool design, price and - most important: You re free to use any software you like. Try this on an apple or Samsung.

Gonzo01 likes this.
  20. ShortyEx

Exactly my point! You are buying a €350 phone with high-end hardware specs and it is now running the latest version of Android in a very smooth and pretty stable OS. I just don't think there is any reason to complain except those who are experiencing issues after or during the update. MM being a little later then expected was in no way problematic for using the device, as the last 2.2.x version of OxygenOS was very stable and usable.

At this point I only consider the bootloop problem to be an actual severe bug which is bricking some devices. If you consider that most of the people experiencing this are doing so because they haven't read the statement telling them to enable Google Services, it's not realy OP fault at that point. A major Android update that is experiencing difficulties installing due to disabled Google Services is most probably Google's fault and not OP.

I know that there were people experiencing the bootloop problem before the OTA was temporarily pulled and the statement about this was made, so I'm not saying that these people have brought this upon themselves.

At the end of the day, this user forum is for users to share experiences, enhancements, cool stuff and fixes. If people start to ignore what is being said and start creating a thread/post for (let's be honest, what aren't even bugs in most of the cases) after an update instead of taking the time to read what has been said, well then to the whole point of the user forums is kind of lost, not?