AMA about 5G: Check the answers!

1. mr.moniz
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

mr.moniz , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hello Sir,
    Just wanted to Ask the reason that why Qualcomm has implemented 5g modem to their chip sets when most of the countries are still far away from implementing 5g? And also why wasn't there an option for manufacturers to choose Chip sets with 4g modems implemented in the latest chip sets.
    Thank You.

2. KamiKhan
    Donut Apr 28, 2020

KamiKhan , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi all, great opportunity for the community, thank you.

Question for @Sat K
    Driverless cars are coming fast and there is fierce competition, people often talk about 5G enabling connected car networks but there could be competition from the likes of Elon Musk's Starlink. Which technology is better suited to driverless vehicles, 5G or Satellite internet like Starlink and why?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020

3. souravpathak07
    Eclair Apr 28, 2020

souravpathak07 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hello,
    Thanx for the opportunity,

My question is :-
    How do you 5g network is useful and necessary at this point knowing current worlds situation where day by day world is facing new problem regarding nature, do you thing 5g network radio frequency and millimetre waves is no harm to our nature and will not create a new problem for our world.

hope you understand the question and i will get the answer about how much 5g network is going to effect our nature and how you are planing to avoid any kind of harm to our nature from 5g network.

Thank you.

4. G_Mehul_Parmar_XexT
    Eclair Apr 28, 2020

G_Mehul_Parmar_XexT , Apr 28, 2020 :
    One plus 5G connection better and well dual bend 5G support and both sim engoy 5G service one plus better dual interligent connection 5G automatically network menegament and better 5G speed enjoy . Qualcomm next proccser 5G in the bettery efficient and good performance and very well I am expecting Qualcomm very well job and very good proccser thanks Qualcomm and one plus team.

5. rohitmarines
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2020

rohitmarines , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    my question to the Qualcomm guest is ...

what are your company plans for the next generation Snapdragon processor in which the 5g modem is embedded properly and becomes part of it ....is this going to happen anytime soon or will it take some time ?

we already know that we have a different 5 g modem apart from processor

6. Jagdishbidawat
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

7. sssingh21
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

8. anandbabup50
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

anandbabup50 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    hi @Ignacio Contreras
    We have improvements in technology, thanks to 5g for bringing in faster download/upload speeds but we are not talking anything about the radiation levels, my question is why don't we implement something like a repeater in between the Tower and the user. what i mean is that, we transmit signal from tower in low power then the repeaters near the user then amplifies the incoming signal only when required that is when we left the phone after it should just connect with the tower and use the low power signal. Can't we reduce the radiation level in such a way. The repeater need to work only when there is a data transfer like when the user using mobile data or call.Is it possible to implement the above in a cost effective way.
    Also please consider answering this question
    Do 5g uses any other connect like 2g,3g for audio call orr is it implemented in the same way as of Volte
    Thank you for your time

9. Q1588072937793
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

Q1588072937793 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hello @ignaciocontreras and @satg sorry if I got your name wrong. But with plenty of rumors out about radiation like concerns with 5G. Can you speak on any Truth to the dangers on 5G to the human body?

10. Giorgos Titas
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

Giorgos Titas , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi @Sat K, since the beginning of the 5G technology development I was sceptical of the power requirements regarding 5G.

Considering the need for many 5G towers in order for it to work and also the importance of low power consumption/energy conservation, will this technology increase the total power requirements for the average city? If so, what engineering decisions are taken to tackle this?

11. AnandSaharan
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

AnandSaharan , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    𝙃𝙞𝙞 @Sat K 𝙖𝙣𝙙 @Ignacio Contreras
    𝙈𝙮 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪:
    𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙊𝙣𝙚𝙋𝙡𝙪𝙨 7 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 5𝙂 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙎𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙐𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙁𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 ?

12. atullal123
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

13. RaBerda
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

RaBerda , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I don't think we need 5G. If our 4G ain't broke, why fix it? That's all🙄 (Chasing the wind)

14. G_padia_rakesh_nNFs
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

15. RaghuSanjeev
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

RaghuSanjeev , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi @Ignacio Contreras,
    Here are my Questions:
    1. In India, 4G is not at it's best yet. We still have issues with major network providers. I would like to understand what would be the impact of the 5G on India market? What would be the timeline for this upgrade?

16. I1581291098255
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

I1581291098255 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I purchased a One Plus 7 Pro 5G phone running on the Sprint network, and have really liked the speed of this phone although 5G has not been deployed where I live yet. With the merger of Sprint with T-Mobile, it sounds like this phone does not support the 600 MHz spectrum, and T-Mobile is giving us one option for 5G, which is not my first choice. I like your product, and want to know, is there an upcoming version that will work on T-Mobile 5G networks? If so, can some form of discount and early upgrade offer be made available to adopt this upgrade?

17. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Apr 28, 2020

rarog , Apr 28, 2020 :
    As this requires different hardware, no software update can bring this to older devices.

18. BHARATH U
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

BHARATH U , Apr 28, 2020 :
    How useful 5G will be for countries like India where rural population still don't have access to reliable 4G network. There are many places where the only available carrier is BSNL which is still on 3G. The networks of Jio and Airtel are not available in these areas. And these 4G carriers are not doing much to expand their networks in this areas as it is not profitable for them. How do you think 5G will bring change in the lives of those living in rural India.

19. tenty
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

tenty , Apr 28, 2020 :
    We know the inherent issues with security and todays 3G/4G networks but have we learned from those mistakes or is 5G just building on top of what 4G gives us today? In short, how much more security are we getting with 5G?

Y1535743679828 likes this.
  20. V1588073509524
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

V1588073509524 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    From my knowledge, the 5G will consist of a lot more towers and the range of at least 25 miles. Notice: A lot more towers everywhere.