AMA about 5G: Check the answers!

1. KATTUBADI ASHOK
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

2. yashashshroff
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

yashashshroff , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    @Ignacio - When do you expect network carriers to start 5G in India? Also, how much faster can we expect 5G to be vs 4G, explained with an example for better understanding!

3. SatOP8PRO
    Donut Apr 28, 2020

SatOP8PRO , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi @Sat K and @Ignacio Conteras.

How would a smarphone like one plus and any other mobile device and 5G chipset would help connect the IOT devices in and around us and gather intelligence from other smart devices. How would the 5G technology unlock options to control our CAR, TV, AC, Connected devices and take us to another level. My second question - I know devices are getting bigger and bigger and the network speeds makes our content consumption to make use of highest quality 4K or 8K. Will the device with QHD+ display would make any difference for such content on mobile devices.

4. sautexas
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

sautexas , Apr 28, 2020 :
    @Sat K My question is " 5G the range is less when compared to 4G So we gonna Add every 50M-100M build a new Towers ??? IF yes its not gonna affected us ??? Any research have done impact of 5G frequency to Human and animals expecially small birds " ??¿??

H1588075106982 likes this.
  5. G_Vivek_Kumar_GQcA
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

6. G1588075791250
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

G1588075791250 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    A question for curiosity. what industry will 5G trully revolutionize most?
    Another question I had my mind wrapped around is how much more can we go at the point of 5G? Did we see the underlying opportunity of 5G while using 3G or 4G and do we see the future now with what could potentially be possible with 5G begining to populate?

7. Osazeone
    Donut Apr 28, 2020

Osazeone , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hello [e]1f637[/e] every tech giant and country is anxious about rolling out their new "5G" technology. What is the rush$$? What are the health affects of EMF and Radiation on the human body from this technology? Do we as a society run blindly towards money, a new gaget and convenience? What are the medical studies on increased radioactive waves on the body? what we can't see can hurt and potentially kill us all. Please don't allow technology to kill humanity! http://www.5gappeal.eu/.

H1588075106982 likes this.
  8. A1588075955844
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

A1588075955844 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    My question is to @Ignacio

I bought a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren right when T-Mobile made 5G available in the area. While I have noticed an improved performance in many regards, I have found it to be quite temperamental. in many instances, my phone tends to switch to 4G(LTE) more frequently than not. I feel this negates the practicality of buying a more expensive phone for a network that isn't as well-performing as I was initially led to believe.

What plans are in place to improve the overall infrastructure for the 5G network, and how is it anticipated that more complete information regarding it's capabilities and health risks (as frequently theorized upon during this outbreak of novel Sars COVID-19)? Finding information isn't impossible, but it takes a good deal of digging to find anything more substantial than Bill Nye's YouTube ad.

9. varun_chdhry
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

varun_chdhry , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi @@Zach X. , thanks for hosting another amazing AMA.

@@Sat K and @@Ignacio Contreras My question would be:-

Keeping in mind the limited network in India, how much will the cost-benefit ratio move by introducing 5G, where people still struggle to get a 4G network.

10. rahul.nair10
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

rahul.nair10 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi @@Zach X. , thanks for hosting another amazing AMA.

@@Sat K and @@Ignacio Contreras My question would be :-

Is 5G just an enterprise thing?
    Will 5G replace my need for Wi-Fi or broadband?

11. saisantoshNallam
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

12. E1588076620452
    Donut Apr 28, 2020

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020

Osazeone likes this.
  13. Veeraf
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

Veeraf , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi @ Sat K,

Greetings of the day,

My question - I would like to know if the speed of 5G will cause more hacking of sessions - during e-Commerce transactions?
    Kindly advise.

Regards,
    Veeraf.

14. Divya Allala
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

Divya Allala , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi Zach,

Thank you for this event.

Hi @Ignacio,

My question is.. as all our extisting smart phones doesnot support 5G; do your team has any plan of providing some kind of devices or any app which as a temparory tool we can use to test/ work/ facilitate the 5G features instead of purchasing the new smart phones?

Thanks and Regards,
    Divya

15. Vinny1441
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

16. cjdavis
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

cjdavis , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Thanks for creating this AMA thread @Zach X..

My question for @Ignacio Contreras is: do you think that 5G will replace conventional wired broadband access (ADSL, VDSL) with ISPs and modem/router manufacturers using a 5G Internet connection (instead of a wired/cable connection) for consumers and, if so, what timescale?

17. canaren
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

canaren , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi, whether one plus 7T support 5G network? Because iam recently purchased this model after that one plus 8 series came with superb specifications.

18. ashokcv1
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

ashokcv1 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    My question is to @Ignacio Contreras - with the post covid world focussing on a possible shift to WFH across various sectors and industries, do you think 5G will be targeted at companies for adoption rather than consumers? That is, will it evolve into a b2b offering instead of a b2c offering to facilitate its many use cases, one being smoother WFH?

19. lpadvisor
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2020

lpadvisor , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I believe this is best for Ignacio but either can answer. Wireless carriers have variations in the way they are implementing 5G. mmWave has the highest speed but shortest distance/lowest penetration. Mid and lower band approaches have longer range/higher penetration. Can you comment on the advantages and disadvantages of each approach please? Thank you.

rarog likes this.