AMA about 5G: Check the answers!

1. aris
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2020

2. davidtb
    Froyo May 9, 2020

davidtb , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 9, 2020 :
    5G.. 518 area code, any carrier, not happening, until at least OnePlus 10T. Love the upgrade of the processor, but everything else is OnePlus 7pro.

3. arul2810
    Cupcake May 9, 2020

arul2810 , May 9, 2020 :
    Hi !

5G technology making use of frequencies of 24Ghz or higher is called mmwave. I has the potential to reach speeds upto 1 Gbps, but as frequency increases, the range of a cell tower decreases thus requiring lot of cell sites. But on the plus side, its speed is high and has the capability to cater future bandwidth needs.

sub 6Ghz makes use of frequencies below 6Ghz. It does not offer the same speed as mmwaves, but as frequency is less, the range of a cell tower is high thus requiring less number of cell sites. But in the future, it might not be enough to cater our high data needs.

_Nimish_Kanungo_ likes this.
  4. arul2810
    Cupcake May 9, 2020

arul2810 , May 9, 2020 :
    One Plus 8 has Snapdragon X55 Modem in it. It is capable of both mmwave and sub 6Ghz 5G

5. _Nimish_Kanungo_ , via OnePlus Community App , May 10, 2020 :
    hey
    thank you so much.

arul2810 likes this.
  6. G_Ergul_Sakibi_RwPF
    Donut May 12, 2020

7. M1587725887506
    Cupcake May 12, 2020

8. barath_000
    Gingerbread May 13, 2020

9. Morsad
    Cupcake May 13, 2020

10. libinashok
    Donut May 13, 2020

libinashok , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 13, 2020 :
    Hi,

I am facing an issue making calls when I activated 5G here in Qatar. when I called Ooredoo, my carrier, they told OnePlus 8 pro doesn't support 5G😆. if anyone have any idea how to sort this, kindly let me know

11. T1574556733412
    Cupcake May 13, 2020

12. Tonyatme
    Froyo May 14, 2020

Tonyatme , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 14, 2020 :
    Hi Chan,
    Thank you for your letter.
    We have feedback the 5G service issues to the relevant departments of the company and will complete the adaptation with Hong Kong operators as soon as possible. Please be patient and wait for future system updates.
    If there's any inconvenience, please understand.
    Best regards,
    Penelope

13. S1589433537515
    Cupcake May 14, 2020

S1589433537515 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 14, 2020 :
    I am very frustrated after purchasing a one plus 8 pro phone, Hug Kung version ...... disappointed for not being able to activate the 5G network in this phone in any way whatsoever knowing that I have a Galaxy S20 + and it works with all professionalism .... I hope looking at My problem, otherwise it will be replaced by another device and guide friends and groups away from the acquisition of the
    The phone is used inside Saudi Arabia and it supports all the frequencies of our fifth generation, according to my version.
    Also, the Volte service does not work at any portal of the SIM card either

14. MasterJafri07
    Eclair May 14, 2020

MasterJafri07 , May 14, 2020 :
    ummm.... OnePlus 7T doesn't support 5G.........

15. G_shree_HwOW
    Eclair May 14, 2020

16. J1552365508354
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

17. whatnoww2
    Froyo May 21, 2020

whatnoww2 , via OnePlus 5 , May 21, 2020 :
    Hi!
    Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.
    Will 5G bring any benefits to 4G users in terms of speed too because of network decongestion?
    Thanks!

18. Tonyatme
    Froyo May 22, 2020

Tonyatme , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 22, 2020 :
    why you tell us to try sending the device for a repaisignal to see if the issue still persist.

The problem I am facing now is not just that I have a mobile phone. It is like me in many regions. Many users are unable to use the 5G service provided by the operator of their choice in his machine.

In fact, do you know where the problem is?

It's because you didn't adapt the 5G signal to the rom in Rom for my area, which made my mobile phone unable to search and receive 5G signal.

I hope that you can understand the user ’s current problem and solve the 5G signal, so no one will ask.

Can you answer to us again, is this a 4G phone or a 5G phone?

If it's a 5G mobile phone, why don't you solve the signal problem?

You can also check it in the forum. How many users in the region have reported the same problem?

I am a user from Hong Kong, the Internet provider is CHINA MOBILE HONG KONG

Users who request to solve the problem as soon as possible

In addition, there is no repair center in Hong Kong. The nearest location also needs to go back to Shenzhen, China, but the problem is that there is no possibility to return to Shenzhen, China, and the gate is also suspended. Plus I even go back to Shenzhen, China, because I use the area It is in Hong Kong, and it is impossible to test whether it is possible to receive 5G signals.

So I hope your engineers will find the problem and solve it as soon as possible.

Don’t ask if you can check the machine before you find the problem.

I don’t want you to transfer the problem to the user. I think it’s the user’s problem, which causes various problems on the mobile phone.

Instead of being indifferent after we have reported the problem many times, we did not see you solve the problem in every system update.

If no solution is added to the system update, why do you want to launch a system update again?

19. csgoaditya
    Gingerbread May 27, 2020