AMA about 5G: Check the answers!

1. Prashanth1Sharma
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

Prashanth1Sharma , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    My question to Mr. Ignacio

Some 5G pundits contend that the new network generates radiofrequency radiation that can damage DNA and lead to cancer; cause oxidative damage that can cause premature aging; disrupt cell metabolism; and potentially lead to other diseases through the generation of stress proteins. is this true

let me know this information?

AshishSharma353 likes this.
  2. rahul_gilhotra
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

rahul_gilhotra , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hello guyz,
    My question is for @Ignacio Contreras
    As you must be aware that developing 5g devices is one side of the game and developing the 5g infrastructure is something different. India has just caught up with the 4g environment and has reached 70 percent of the population till now which is amazing progress in the terms of subscribers and infrastructure development.
    Now coming to the 5g structure do you think India can catch up with the 5g competition around the world with the telecommunication trio ( Jio, Voda-Idea, Airtel) keeping in mind the 5g infrastructure requirements and cost effective plans for 5g which are key for India's 5g growth.
    Do you think 5g will be developed in India in the next 1 year or so with considerable users.

3. pavandwarakanath
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

4. F_Manan_Gangar_AeBG , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hello @sat.k I have been working on the same platform and had a question that belonging from a area where 3G is also a big issue. In india it's a big challenge to have a proper working 4Gb speed so according to the maximum number of people in India a 5Gb phone is still a waste .
    switching from wifi to network to increase the speed may help to increase the speed but won't reach the mark.
    According to you what can be the solution to make indian people believe that this new 5GB technology is made for them as well?

thanks in advance.

5. _thakur_sahab
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

_thakur_sahab , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hey @satk & @Ignacio it's Harsh here from India
    Thank you so much for 5G to us by one plus community

My question is do you really think in this period of time where 4G data is not working properly is there 5G will work ? If it will then this will increase the speed of 4G Data ?

6. Md159
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

Md159 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    How will 5G change the wireline architecture that currently supports 4G mobile backhaul?

7. Harsh Patel 200143
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

8. riteshgupta111
    Froyo Apr 28, 2020

riteshgupta111 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    @Ignacio Contreras @Sat K

Sir,

With such a huge economical & infrastructure setback in India due to Covid19 and also the money loan scams by the telecom companies, do you really think 5G is going to be a boom to Indian market? Kindly elaborate. Thank you

Regards, Ritesh Gupta

9. gaurav.229
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

10. R1584603797833
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

R1584603797833 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    New Post
    How safe it the 5G network from Cyber Security, Environmental Security (Radiation level which might disturb the Fauna and Flora Diversity) and on Human health.

11. _thakur_sahab
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

_thakur_sahab , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hello sir @Ignacio Contreras @Sat K

it's Harsh here from India
    Thank you so much to introduce 5G to us by one plus community

My question is do you really think in this period of time where 4G data is not working properly is there 5G will work ? If it will then this will increase the speed of 4G Data ?

12. suvendu.swain
    Froyo Apr 28, 2020

suvendu.swain , Apr 28, 2020 :
    X55 modem used in oneplus 8 does that improves 4G speeds in comparison to oneplus 7. In otjer word does oneplus 8 has better network reception then oneplus 7 / 7T.

13. Vineet_Kumar_OP
    Froyo Apr 28, 2020

Vineet_Kumar_OP , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi @SatK and @Igancio Contreras Greetings of the day.
    5G A new generation with new technology and advancements.
    But what will be health impact on users. As it has seen 5G is going to use .ore higher frequencies for transmission.

14. B1577516302699
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

B1577516302699 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hey @Zach X. Thanks for bringing in folks from Google and Qualcomm.

I have a question each to both @Ignacio Contreras and @Sat K

considering the higher rates of 5g services, would rhe market for 5G haul services be same as that for 4G?

Will the 5g backbone be physically and virtually different from the current 4G backbone?
    I am curious if would 5G be able to share the aggregation and core network maybe at different wavelengths or at various stratas if the network L2 or VPNs.

looking forward to the AMA!!

15. bolbmm86
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

bolbmm86 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Good Day,

I've below queries about 5G..!!

How will 5G change the wireline architecture that currently supports 4G mobile backhaul?

Will there be a relation between 5G and WiFi?

16. PooChiks
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

PooChiks , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Hi @Sat K and @Ignacio Contreras ,
    My questions:
    1. How many countries have rolled 5G till now
    2. Wherever it is present, its in early stages and under development. So what changes are expected when it stabilizes with commercial presence across the globe

17. pgavenger
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

pgavenger , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    My question for @ignacio :

Do you think 5g will lead to convergence of broadband wired services and wireless telecom services? As, I think only then we will be able to make use of the full potential of 5G, which has its own limitations. Even, in current scenario the for best experience we have to rely on multiple technology like voWifi, home wifi & 4G.

Question for @satk : Do you think the 5g infrastructure will be able to handle the demand surge in terms of bandwidth consumed by each consumer? As in the case of 4g, which lead to huge increase in video consumption, causing further load on network infrastructure, resulting in congestion and poor services. Can 5g handle the demand surge in the longer run?

18. K1586909613938
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

19. G_Sunil_Desai_nvBq
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

G_Sunil_Desai_nvBq , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    @Sat K : how costly 5G data will be ?. as i heard 5G spectrum bid is going to be lot more costlier than 4G and 5g might require more towers and ground work also to provide better connectivity.

@Ignacio Contreras : 5G has capabilities to change automobile world?. how 5G will help in automobile sector?

20. rishabh382
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

rishabh382 , Apr 28, 2020 :
    @Sat K I have a question to ask even if I will have a One plus 8 phone enabled as 5G, how is it going serve my purpose I mean country like India will not have 5G atleast for 2 years from today, so will it enhance my connectivity over 4G or VoLTE network or any other network related problem like better internet connectivity or call quality or enchanced network services? Is it worth using new 5G technology?