AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

2. zsaurabh
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

zsaurabh , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi All

My Question is what is the Development team thinking about doing something different from others? what makes OnePlus accessories unique?

3. S_J_Macleod_85
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

S_J_Macleod_85 , May 19, 2020 :
    My question is for @Christine L. Given that nowadays, a lot of people use their phones as sat nav, or as entertainment whilst in their car, will there be scope for an official OnePlus case and in car mount that could be used together or independently?

4. L1589883235916
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

L1589883235916 , May 19, 2020 :
    Good morning guys and thank you for this opportunity

@Donna_L I was wanting to ask this. As I am a recent member of the OnePlus family, thanks to the advice of my younger brother, and also as a keen fitness enthusiast, mainly mountain biking, would there be any specific products from your input that you would recommend to me as I'm keen to raise awareness of the brand whilst I'm out and about and I think that the pack that you mentioned, or any of the t shirts or clothing, would definitely help.

I hope this question is good enough to get selected, and I thank you for your attention. All the best with the questions.

Neil Murphy, from Bangor, Northern Ireland.

5. Rage_hardscope
    Eclair May 19, 2020

Rage_hardscope , May 19, 2020 :
    Just a quick one here.

Do you think we would be able to expect some fully wireless buds in the future?

I think it would be a great addition to the already wide range of accessories available. For reference I'm talking about airpods-esque style with no wires at all and a handy storage case which also charges the buds. I think this is the only accessory that is really missing from the lineup.

6. H1589883307601
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

H1589883307601 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey,
    I am a true lover of your one plus 7 and I'm wondering on the marketing side some aspects of the phone aren't mentioned that it has and come with for example; the box didn't mention the free case, the option to get the wireless headphones wasn't asked (I would have deffinatly got them if so) and the knowledge of letting people know who you are. Too many people are asking me "what phone is that?" and "who are they?". I don't know if it's an establishment thing but maybe need to boost on marketing because you're deffinatly missing out.

p.s. Why was the pop up camara removed in future products, not many complaints were mentioned and I really liked the idea. I've never had a problem and I always show off the full screen because of it.

kind regards
    A customer also named Leo

7. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

8. T1575053851330
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

T1575053851330 , May 19, 2020 :
    This is very weird as I was literally just looking for a case for my One Plus 7T and it was proving very difficult to meet both style and protective requirements. I like a good patterned case to show my personality and I also like dual protection; silicone and hard plastic together.

@Christine L. will you be releasing any patterned cases in the future as the market is extremely limited for the one plus series. Or teaming up with good case makers such as Burga to include one plus in their line up?

9. Davemcc73
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Davemcc73 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hiya Christine

I hope you are keeping well

I was wondering if OnePlus had its own media player for its device's as I don't personally rate the ones I can find in the play store if not is/could there be one in development

secondly I really do love your devices and I'm with O2 in the UK and I was waiting to upgrade to the newest OnePlus handset once I'm due an upgrade but O2 have stopped stocking your newer devices do you happen to know if they will ever start to restock them as O2 don't really say anything on the matter

kind regards Dave

10. G_Daren_Messenger_owBj , via OnePlus 8 , May 19, 2020 :
    hi. I've just received my OnePlus 8 this week. I am handing in my OnePlus 6 as exchange: thanks for the deal. I had a OnePlus 3 before. However, I was shocked yesterday to discover no headphone socket. I have very expensive Beats headphones that are now useless. how do your wireless headphones compare? which ones would you recommend? how much are they? much appreciated, Daren, UK

11. jackcolhoun
    Donut May 19, 2020

jackcolhoun , via OnePlus 5 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi.
    This question can be posed to any of the teams. @Christine L. @Donna L. @Leo Lei.

What was the most difficult step in your respective products design?
    shape? manufacturing processes? availability of material? cost?
    Or were you driven to create somthing completely new in both design and implementation?

As a former student of media production I'm interested in the challenges you faced with the products and production of your own work.

12. W1589884009200
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

W1589884009200 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi my name is Elliot.
    How do you make the most amazing camera and who is the funniest in the team?

13. gibb1967
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

gibb1967 , May 19, 2020 :
    hello I'm from England and I've been a avid OnePlus user since the 3 series my question is when you introduce a new device why is there a wait for the T range to be introduced why can't it be introduced at the same time it's frustrating knowing that the new model is out but I have to wait for the T range [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e]
    however well done OnePlus Alway a great product Darren England

14. W1589884009200
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

15. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 19, 2020

jlasensiofi , May 19, 2020 :
    Thank you @Zach X. for the opportunity and delighted to meet @Christine L. @Donna L. and @Leo Lei ;)

My specific question is for @Christine L. Just out of curiosity and since there is no longer a solution, what is the reason that OnePlus has decided not to incorporate a screen protector into the OnePlus 8 Pro at the factory? It seems a paradox that being the most expensive OnePlus phone they have not put it. It is true that it comes with two protectors, but it is very difficult to put it on and there is nothing left. I do not understand very well.

I would also like to know why they do not offer the possibility of selling the transparent case that comes with the phone. It is very beautiful, it shows the beauty of the phone but over time it deteriorates and takes on yellowish tones, not having the opportunity to renew it. Isn't there any possibility that it will be put up for sale as another accessory?

Thanks in advance and take care all of you :)

Dresa91 likes this.

16. tandoesmemes
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

tandoesmemes , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    @Donna L.
    Hope you and your family are doing well through the pandemic.

I just wanted to ask if there are any plans to update the Explorer backpack, potentially with the new logo and if it will be possible to produce OnePlus branded merchandise. I would be ecstatic if you perhaps released a variant of the oneplus McLaren edition cardigan, and maybe some t-shirts with the same concept.

With the explorer backpack a new design with the same buckle would be great, and a lower price perhaps.

17. RobDeBob81
    Donut May 19, 2020

RobDeBob81 , via OnePlus 6T , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Donna L.

I have not seen many, if any cases or arm pouches the are geared towards the sports enthusiasts. I have the 6T and it's a hefty lump so some sort of armband that it fits in would be nice. I have tried the universal ones but the 6T is just too big

18. D1529514376587
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

D1529514376587 , via OnePlus 6 , May 19, 2020 :
    Good day everyone! @Christine L. could we have custom cases for our phones? There are many third party suppliers who offer good materials plus everyone's photo of choice in the back. And all that for decent prices (10-20€). Why don't you support your fans with official affordable products? Also, as an OP6 user, please continue to support older devices.

Thank you kindly,
    Yannis

19. T1582268455399
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

T1582268455399 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello!
    My question is, "why did one plus remove the 3.5mm jack? Is it just to increase the sale for one plus type C earphones or is there a technical reason?
    PS- Oneplus customer for life.

Chinda likes this.
  20. mtthwbrd
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

mtthwbrd , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L.

Hi Christine, I just wanted to ask about the new OnePlus wireless charger, I would love to purchase one via the OnePlus store, so many are available via third parties however not via the OnePlus store...