AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. BillAPeden
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

2. G_Nick_Eastwood_NceA
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

G_Nick_Eastwood_NceA , via OnePlus 8 , May 19, 2020 :
    Thanks for doing this AMA. My question for @Leo Lei regarding the Bullets wireless headphones.

Would it be possible to release a set of wireless in ear headphones that instead of the conventional in ear-canal type, the tip would rest inside my ear, staying secure, without the need to push them in?

I'm not able to use in ear-canal headphones anymore due to doctors recommendations, but would love an alternative!

3. ginger1508 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi All,

this looks like a very interesting Q&A.

@Christine L. The camera on OnePlus has an enormous amount of applications (ie. use scenarios) especially on the OP 8 Pro. But as a OP 7 Pro user, I enjoy using extra lenses from companies like Moment. Will OnePlus consider teaming up with a company like Moment to create compatible cases and endorse adding quality lenses to the already great camera set-up?

Many thanks,

Dan

Last edited: May 20, 2020

4. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

5. Dylan_Bal
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Dylan_Bal , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello @Zach X. Thank you for arranging this AMA session!

My question is for @Donna L. With the challenge of designing and innovating new gear for the community, do you ever take inspiration from other OnePlus products (I.e. the new colours on the phones) and try to incorporate those to embody the brand within the gear products? Is this something that we can expect to see in new launches?

Thank you!

6. mtthwbrd
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

7. smanoj2610
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

smanoj2610 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei, I have a question for you. Oneplus phone considered futuristic with latest technologies adopted on every release, but why is earphones not up to the mark with this futuristic design. I feel the bullets with wires are outdated and other companies are already in to ear pods. Hence I didn't opt for oneplus bullets as it feels more outdated with my Oneplus 7 pro.

Secondly, whenever I wanna buy a Oneplus Bullets earphones or its accessories it is not readily available with the official partners like Amazon. And is it due to limited numbers?

8. N1571651246364
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

9. P1589884512813
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

P1589884512813 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi my question is related to both phone cases and backpacks, I have recently been looking for a packback that also incorporates a solar charger and I was wondering if you have ever thought of making a OnePlus backpack that has this built in and also a power bank or some kind of leather flip case that also has a small solar panel built into it. thank you

10. exarkun87
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

exarkun87 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi all,
    And thank you for making this possible. I'm new to the OnePlus family and I really appreciate that we as users can give input in this way!

@Christine L. - are there plans to create cases and other accessories from Eco friendly or recycled materials? I'd especially be interested in cases made from recycled plastics for example. There are so many materials that take very long to break down once they are thrown away that could be made into something new and useful yet again.

Thank you.

11. G_Daniel_McGladrigan_fFi
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

G_Daniel_McGladrigan_fFi , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Zack X. , thanks for doing another AMA, these are so good!

My question is for @Leo Lei , for the next generation of Wireless Bullets, will they be true wireless - like Galaxy Buds/Airpods? I've always liked the idea of these but have never been able to afford the ultra premium price, so here's hoping I can trust OnePlus to make a version that's as good (if not better!) without the huge price tag!

Hope everyone's keeping safe and happy, and hope to hear a reply!

Thanks!

12. Tomhall
    Eclair May 19, 2020

Tomhall , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Zach X. thank you for providing a good distraction during these tough times.

Hi I have a question for @Leo Lei:
    Hi I currently have the original Bullets Wireless and they have been great. So my question is what's your vision for your bullets audio division? Do you believe you'll branch out into creating Over ear headphones or stick to creating great portable earphones?

Many thanks
    Tom

13. Z1589884699279
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

14. Karasu247
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Karasu247 , via OnePlus 6T , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Zach X.

My question is for all of you in general.
    Do you plan on making any collaborations with other companies for the merchandise and cases you sell?
    Seeing the McLaren collaboration made me think that any collaborations you do will be pretty cool.

15. Firebird3334
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

16. G_Tony_R_HSNo
    Eclair May 19, 2020

G_Tony_R_HSNo , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine_L my OnePlus 7t pro nylon case is all frayed at the edges.

my favorite ever case was the grey fabric pixel 2 xl case - and chance you can make a similar one?

17. D1589884265619
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

D1589884265619 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello @zachx. and greeting to everyone else

before I ask my question, I just want to take out some time and appreciate the hardwork put into this beautiful phone. as a previous apple user, I never thought I would change. but after seeing the price to quality ratio on this phone, it is unmatchable to other flagships. All of the crews hardwork and diligence can be seen through this product clearly.

My question is for @CHRISTINEL. I was wondering regarding the cases and packaging if the product. It's always slim and packed up nicely. But I was wondering if there would be any chance of a premium flagship packaging or premium case because. OnePlus has the McLaren edition of the phones but the packaging is not so different . Yes the wire is braided but I was wondering if there would be any new developments in this category? Especially as the flagship market is become more and more tighter at the top spots.

Anyways thank you for your time and I will always stay with one plus.

18. F1561794602982
    Eclair May 19, 2020

F1561794602982 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L.
    I've always wondered why OEM's spend so much time designing a mobile, with, in the case of OP8Pro, lovely matt glass backs, great colours & then sell cheap cases to hide all that lovely design? If mobiles aren't robust enough to show off that design maybe a completely new design think is required. Cheaper utilitarian looking mobiles (apart from viewing screen) & design switched to high end, interchangable, uniquely designed cases.

19. tmlslvnk
    Froyo May 19, 2020

tmlslvnk , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei

Hi Leo
    what are the things you compromised while design the BWZ for reduce the price over BW2 and also when Mint color variant available in market

20. K1570521893497
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

K1570521893497 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L., I was wondering whether there is any possibility of OnePlus launching their own magnetic charging cables as seen on Amazon. I think they could certainly do with OnePlus's focus on high quality and excellence!

21. E1589885096892
    Cupcake May 19, 2020