AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 May 19, 2020

the_o2 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Donna L.
    Are you also responsible for the OnePlus hoodies.
    I love the hoodies BTW 💕

OnePlus is a Smartphone company how's your experience working with them as they mainly focus on the phones.

Dresa91 likes this.
  2. Harris.M
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

3. GuptaGod
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

GuptaGod , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey guys, thanks for doing this AMA, it's great to be able to ask questions to the people behind the scenes at OnePlus, making all these great products!

My question is to @Donna L.
    What properties of CORDURA made it the choice of fabric over other fabrics for the Explorer Backpacks? Also just if I can squeeze another question in, will the Explorer Backpack be released in colours other than Slate Black and Morandi Green? I'd love to buy a few different coloured ones as presents for my friends and family!

Thank you for your time, I absolutely love the Explorer Backpack, and I think you guys have done an amazing job.

4. M1587311045018
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

M1587311045018 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Zach X. I am Umar and a new 'Never Settler'. Just wanted to say that this is a great initiative and the opportunity to speak to the experts is greatly appreciated.

@Christine L. I have found it extremely difficult to find a screen protector for the gorgeous curved edge screen of OnePlus 8 Pro and have given up looking for one now. This means that I will be sticking to (no pun intended) the screen protector that comes ready applied to the phone.
    So, my question is - Is there any chance that in the future the company can include additional screen protectors with the phone or (as good as the ready applied screen protector is) have a somewhat superior quality screen protector ready applied to the screen?

@Donna L. My question is - Are the T-Shirts not available in the UK as I'm unable to find the link to purchase these and if these aren't available when will they be?

@Leo Lei. I haven't used the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z but that is mainly down to the design. Please let me explain. It's not that they don't look great, they do. However, my issue is that they aren't truly wireless and as unique as they are, they remind me of Apple's PowerBeats (apologies I tried very hard so far not to use the A word) from a few years ago. Additionally, I feel that my transition to OnePlus won't be fully complete until I own a pair of their wireless earphones.
    So, my question is - Are there any plans in the pipeline to develop a more wire-free wireless earphones such as the Apple AirPods or Samsung Galaxy Buds?

5. ja_hursty
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

ja_hursty , via OnePlus 5T , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Zach
    Thanks for arranging the next AMA round

@Christine L, My question is this:
    Is there any general advice for preventing screen burn in on oled displays and will there ever be something in the OnePlus software to help prevent it, such as Samsung's approach of moving things like icons ever so slightly all the time?

Thank you.

6. rabiatahir03
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

rabiatahir03 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Leo Lei

My question is why was the BWZ designed the way they are, and not like wireless ear buds?

I actually like there design but have always been curious about what was agreed upon when designing them?

Thanks.

7. Archie_wilding
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Archie_wilding , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi there,

Firstly I'd like to say that it's great you guys are doing this. I'm a massive fan of one plus for delivering great customer service, in both support and product line up.

Now for my question. I own and love the OnePlus 7 Pro, and love the fact it is all screen without a camera cut out, and I like having the camera motor on the top of the phone. What made you choose to install the camera pop out motor 7 pro, and why did you take it away in the 8 pro?

Either way, both gorgeous, fast and functional phones.

Best,

Archie

8. CosminOlteanu
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

9. Chinda
    Jelly Bean May 19, 2020

Chinda , May 19, 2020 :
    Three mobile carrier sells the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro here in the UK for contract and pay as you go.

10. AB1707
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

AB1707 , via OnePlus 6 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi,

I love my OnePlus 6 and think it's great value. When OnePlus first emerged it had an ethos of value for money.
    Will this continue or is it moving towards the Apple/ Samsung. model of constantly updating to gain revenue.

I love the red cable and branding so distinctive

Thanks for your time

11. waikien
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

waikien , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi guys,

Happy 8 pro owner here.

How would you begin to design protection for waterfall edge screens? It seems like that style of screen is very hard to protect with a simple bumper case.

Thanks

12. C1589888495822
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

C1589888495822 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi I was just wondering what you plan for the future if the One Plus brand, what is you goal or what do you aim to achieve in the future?

13. Davemcc73
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Davemcc73 , May 19, 2020 :
    Vodafone only does upto the 7, EE also only sells upto the 7 Three sells the 8(but I don't like there network) O2 does upto the 6T as it's what I have and I'd like to stay with them as I am really happy with their network but I'd like a newer OnePlus and can't afford to pay outright for it

14. Darrylj
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Darrylj , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello to @Christine L. - Why no flip cases anymore? Also, why not allow customers to back order out of stock items? I’m in the US and have been trying to order the wireless warp charger for weeks to no avail. Why?

15. Marco_Erre
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Marco_Erre , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L.

hi there! I'm owner of OnePlus 7pro and I would like to know why there just a little original cases available (colours, forms, design) It would be awesome something rear-transparent with a cool stylish logo bumper lateral in silicone or I would love some underwater/waterproof case for diving! Another doubt: why no original protective glass in store?
    hope I can see some of this soon in store!

16. Larskon
    Gingerbread May 19, 2020

Larskon , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Donna L. ,

I am a big fan of the OnePlus explorer backpack and a friend of mine got it aswell after seeing mine. We both absolutely like the hidden pocket. :)
    So I would like to know if we will see a new iteration of the product?
    I saw once in a raffle a camouflage design but it never went to sale, sadly. Have you also considered changing the lock mechanism? For example using a good magnet fastener, because if the backpack is full it is impossible to close it the front part.

Thanks for your time and with best regards,
    Lars

17. RobDeBob81
    Donut May 19, 2020

RobDeBob81 , via OnePlus 6T , May 19, 2020 :
    AHH yes I remember looking at Three now you mention it, I was hunting for the 8 too. I also don't want to leave O2 but it's looking like I am going to have to, all their contracts now seem to be 36 months unless you pay some upfront for the phone

Davemcc73 likes this.
  18. X1589888911069
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

X1589888911069 , May 19, 2020 :
    the face recognition device is really fast and efficient in the morning but at night it requires light to see your face is there another you can see the face without the light because at night majority of the people are in bed. It's not a big issue but just a suggestion maybe use a different approach also I own a One Plus 7 pro. Thank you for your work this is the best phone I've had in my life.

19. I1553099208588
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

I1553099208588 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei

More of a mint guy myself, but would love to see more colors.

I love the design and sound quality of the IEM's. I feel like an over ear headphone would look really cool in the black/red or oat color schemes, and would look awesome.with the OnePlus logo. Do you think an over ear headphone is a possibility for the OnePlus product line? And if so any cool names or color schemes you'd like to see?

20. O1589889111494
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

O1589889111494 , via OnePlus 6 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Donna L.

When designing a backpack, do you ever feel forced to add technology into it being as you are designing it for a phone company, and does designing it for a phone company change the most important things you have to include.
    Thanks for the opportunity.