AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. DudeMan1
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

DudeMan1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello

@Leo Lei. I really like the idea of wireless earbuds. However the ones that OnePlus offer are not quite what I am looking for. This is because I'm not that big of a fan of wireless earbuds that still have a wire connecting the two of them together. In the future do you believe there will be a truly wireless option? Will future earbuds have more features like active noise cancellation some other special features? Thanks!

2. brockssn
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

brockssn , May 19, 2020 :
    I have a few questions for the team.

1: Do you have any videos on different prototypes and the manufacturing process? I'd love to see how these things go from idea to final product!

2: Would you ever consider a public vote on the next new color? I remember voting for the Blue M&M! And when it won, I now have bragging rights forever that I had voted for blue! Everytime I open up a bag and see a blue M&M I remember how crucial my vote was hahahha

3: Finally, I'd like to see a case with gaming buttons built into it (just left and right on the top edge of the phone when you turn it over). it's considered a "claw" grip, sounds like a pretty awesome name for a phone case! it could connect via Bluetooth or find some fancy way to send a signal to tap on the very top edge of the screen when the button is pressed.

3. falco821313
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

falco821313 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Are you planning to make a foldable phone? if so, does Android provide/plan to make any special features for foldable phones? If no, why? What are the obstacles to make a foldable form factor phone?

Oky36 likes this.
  4. Goonie
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Goonie , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 19, 2020 :
    hello everyone I have more than one question

my first goes to @Christine L. when will or does OnePlus make a full 360 coverage case? because I currently have a poetic revolution case but was considering getting a OnePlus case but the ones I've seen cover only the back.

and my second goes to @Zach X.

why aren't we able to change the boot animation
    or boot loader feature if and when the phone is completely unlocked?

5. Andrewmarsh3201
    Eclair May 19, 2020

6. BNSpoiledIZBK
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

BNSpoiledIZBK , via OnePlus 5T , May 19, 2020 :
    im still sporting a oneplus5T n love it. i honestly don't see a reason to upgrade yet because i still have everything i want and im still happy. however i do wanna know since when i bought my phone i understood i could NOT use sprint or Verizon technology, is there a way to have that changed since the new phones can? i use to be a boost customer for years till i found the oneplus5T. quite frankly for where i live sprint/boost has been amazing. ive had both T-Mobile n i have at&t now n they both suck. ive reduced my plan greatly because i don't get service outside so im not paying for it. i usually just use wifi. please help?

7. G_Aishwarya_Kulkarni
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

8. Reverb17
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Reverb17 , May 19, 2020 :
    How are OnePlus phones such good phones for the price? also how do you guys go about picking parts and feature you want to add while also Makin sure the price doesn't go too high?

9. Rick_Planting
    Froyo May 19, 2020

Rick_Planting , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei Have you ere considered making (regular) One Plus headphones? With that I mean the big ear muffled ones. I think the logo and colours would work pretty well!

10. H1544029616555 , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine.L. I would like to ask that why didn't you include a protective case with OnePlus 8 phones this time? We loved all the small things OnePlus used to provide consumer like case, dongle for headphones etc. Slowly you are becoming like all other big companies.

11. rizz217
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

rizz217 , May 19, 2020 :
    my question: what are your thoughts on the perfect smartphone and the accessories that should come with it?
    @Leo Lei
    @Donna L
    @Christine L

12. AlphaThKid
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

13. Helloforrest
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Helloforrest , May 19, 2020 :
    Thanks for doing the AMA!

My question is for @Donna L.

OnePlus prides itself on many things, but perhaps most iconically, the "Never Settling".

I can imagine designing a backpack with the mantra 'Never Settle' in mind is quite a challenging task. What are some ways you make sure the OnePlus backpack pushes the boundaries and the slogan "Never Settle" remains relevant in products that are not smartphones?

14. J1520922167778
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

J1520922167778 , May 19, 2020 :
    to the panel; I have dropped my 1+5 aleast a thousand times, I was wondering how you guys made this phone basically indestructible? Any other phone dropped that much would end it. I am sad because I can't upgrade til it breaks.

15. D1589897462563
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

D1589897462563 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L. @Donna L. @Leo Lei.

Hi! OnePlus team, First of all I salute the dedication on giving us the best user experience and flagship specs on your phones. My question is will there be a OnePlus 8 McLaren Edition coming out? Coming from a 6T McLaren owner, really wanted to upgrade to 7t Pro McLaren Edition. Love and Support all the way! Go OnePlus!

Last edited: May 19, 2020

16. jerdrb
    Donut May 19, 2020

jerdrb , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L
    I always love the OnePlus official screen protectors and cases. However, when it comes to the screen protectors I can think of 2 elephants in the room with them. 1) Cost and 2) scratch resistance. Why is that your single screen protector is an order in magnitude more expensive than the pack of 4 on Amazon? Also, is there some reason why I seem to find your protector collects micro scratches way more easily than others? I love the applyability, and they crack resistance. It also covers the glass perfectly. I just really wish we got at least 2 protectors per pack and it was only, say, 15$ for the set.

@Leo Lei
    Is there any desire to move to the trend of two independent buds, much like what the other premium wireless headphones from apple, Samsung, Bose, and Sony are doing? I think the OnePlus branding and integration with the phones would make it a perfect match for your more premium phones, but I've been steering clear of these purely for the large form factor they take with a wire and the inability to only have one bud in. Also, the lack of a wireless or fast USB charging case is keeping me away. It's much easier just to grab an all encompassing tic tac case than a dangling but of wire and ear buds in the morning.

17. Mkb5232
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Mkb5232 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Zack x. thank you for the invite to the thread, and thanks for hosting the session.

@Christine L, would love if a sturdy 360 case could be designed by OnePlus, especially (my bias) for the 7t pro McLaren edition. Cases for the 7t pro are very thin in selection

18. G1589897608758
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

G1589897608758 , May 19, 2020 :
    hi @ChristineL the assesories of the OnePlus is so scarce, like I lost my charger and I've tried to replace it but just can't find a OnePlus cord around me, do you know if adequate measures are being taken to have OnePlus assesories available everywhere?,thanks in advance.

19. Pinoe5
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

20. D1571621661276
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

D1571621661276 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi Christine L. I have a suggestion for cases, but please forgive me if it is something you already do. OnePlus makes some beautiful phones, too nice to cover with a case. However, I always use a wallet case for protection. How about cases that are exactly like the back of the phone? same exact look and color and reflection. This way I can really show off the look!