AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. Tharun Aswin
    Donut May 18, 2020

Tharun Aswin , via OnePlus 7 , May 18, 2020 :
    My Question is to @Leo Li .We already have great Wireless products in Bullets Wireless 1 and Bullets Wireless 2. Bullets Wireless Z seems to be a step further.In line with these products can we also expect a complete cord free wireless Bullets that may elevate the experience even better ?? Also what prompted to make a Z version of the Bullets?? -

2. sharibhasan694 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , May 18, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei

Hi Leo

My question for you would be that the BWZ at 1,999 INR seems pretty interesting. However, the BW2 which cost 3 times the price at 5,999 INR did not have any official IP rating whereas BWZ did. Is there a particular reason for this choice by OnePlus? Even the BW1 had water resistance.

Also, the BWZ come with low latency mode. However it only works when gaming using fnatic mode. My question is if we want to consume media or watch movies, shouldn't it provide low latency in that situation as well?

Thanks

MohanParmar likes this.
  3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 18, 2020

YRJ , May 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for another round of AMA, @Zach X.
    This is a very interesting one. My question for you, @Christine L. / @Leo Lei can answer as this is related to both of them:
    TWS buds has a mass appeal and OnePlus fans cannot wait for the company to release their iteration in that specific product category. What do you think is the reason that users prefer TWS over the long lasting and comfortable Bullets Wireless? Is it just because they want to keep up with market trends and that they look "cool" or is it actually worth the hype?

And here's a question for the creator of one of my favourite OnePlus stuff - @Donna L.
    Congratulations on being the person behind one of the most successful OnePlus products!
    What other lifestyle products are you planning to explore in the future, will we get a refreshed version of OnePlus gear now that the visual identity has been updated?

4. lollocll
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

lollocll , via OnePlus 7 , May 18, 2020 :
    Hey everyone, thanks for the AMA!

My question is: are there any plans for OnePlus to enter the "Smart Home" industry? I would love to have something more than a OnePlus TV in my future home :D

5. matthu.2711
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 18, 2020

matthu.2711 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 18, 2020 :
    Hey guys! I've always loved OnePlus' accessories. They've been clean and simple.

My question is for @Leo Lei. Why did you change up the name for the bullets series? Why not call them Bullets 3 instead? Also, if the speculations are true, and OnePlus is investing in TWS, then is there still a future for the cheaper Bullets Wireless or will they become redundant?

6. Fruittiii
    Donut May 18, 2020

Fruittiii , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 18, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei I love the colour choices of the bullets wireless Z and especially the Oat colour. What was behind the decision to go with an off white rather than the usual bright white (this isn't a complaint, I love the off white of the Oat colour).

Jaydoggydogdog likes this.
  7. Lokesh Dutta
    Froyo May 18, 2020

Lokesh Dutta , May 18, 2020 :
    @Donna L.

Hi, Donna

OnePlus T shirts are available mainly in black and white colour. Which passionate colour would you like to introduce in future OnePlus T shirt. 🙂🙂

8. JeremyAcosta
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

JeremyAcosta , via OnePlus 7T , May 18, 2020 :
    Hello @Zach X. and thanks for organizing all this

@Christine L. my question is, is there a reason as to why there was not a Nylon Case for the 7T series? that was my favorite case on my 6T and owning a 7T now, I miss it. [e]1f614[/e]

thanks for everything guys!

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  9. MechaEST
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

MechaEST , May 18, 2020 :
    @Christine L.

Hi Christine, why there is no slim phone cases anymore like there where for OnePlus 3T? OnePlus 7 only have silicone and bulky Sandstone case. For 3T i used Black Apricot case and after 2 years it still looked like new. With Sandstone OnePlus 7 looks quite big and heavy.

10. PBhachu
    Froyo May 18, 2020

PBhachu , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 18, 2020 :
    @Donna L. I absolutely love OnePlus Gear, especially the shirts. There have been a wide range of shirts available over the years, are there any future plans to make them available again, or perhaps giveaway a few rare ones? Thanks

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  11. PBhachu
    Froyo May 18, 2020

12. Batman360
    Lollipop May 18, 2020

Batman360 , May 18, 2020 :
    Hey there santa @Zach X. thanks for bringing some amazing AMA series with amazing guests😍 Hey everyone @Christine L. @Donna L. @Leo Lei , hope you all are doing great 😄

My question is for @Donna L. :-

When the product that you designed is released for the community to see, how do you feel when you get amazing reactions from the community members? Also when you get negative feedbacks, how do you take them, do you feel sad that all the hardwork gone behind the designing and making of the product has gone vain or do you them them constructively?

P.S. I really love the design of all the OnePlus gears, especially the Explorer Bagpack. Kudos to you for that😉

cdnfarmer, Bouncer71 and Dresa91 like this.
  13. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean May 18, 2020

GuitarHero0179 , May 18, 2020 :
    Yeah I second this question. I already have two types of the backpack and the waterbottle but more variety and availablity would be great!

Bouncer71, IamIRONSman and Dresa91 like this.
  14. 1978jayer
    Eclair May 18, 2020

1978jayer , May 18, 2020 :
    Hello @Donna L. , Any chance you can get some new hats, shirts in the store please? Would love to wear some 1plus gear everyday. Maybe a few flat brim hat and some simple new shirts styles? Thank you, cheers from Chicago. Love my 1plus 7pro...

suhantm likes this.
  15. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb May 18, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , May 18, 2020 :
    Thank you @Zach X. For Organization AMA for this lovely community.

I am curious to know my question's answer from Gear Product Manager @Donna L.

Thank you for giving us a OnePlus Explorer Backpack , I know that most of OnePlus gear product only made for celebrating launching event , most of gear products are exclusive , they are not available for selling. Thank you @Donna L. for it.

My most favourite gear product of OnePlus is Explorer backpack , thank you for designing it.

1589815561515.jpg
    I have a question about OnePlus Explorer Backpack!

Thanks to three colours of OnePlus Explorer Backpack (1) Morandi Green (2) Slate Black (3) Camo Blue (recent exclusive limited edition)

Why you have changed different material for different bag just like in "Morandi Green" you have used 100% Polyester in exterior fabric and in "Slate Black" you have used 100% Nylon material Cordura fabric in exterior fabric, and in "Camo Blue" you have used 50% Nylon and 50%PVC in exterior fabric , why? Can you tell me what is the main aspects of using different material for different colour OnePlus Explorer Backpack? What changes it make as durability and use while using different material and different colour. I hope after your explainnation it will get easier for community members to select OnePlus Explorer Backpack according to material used.

Thank You.

Antonio_Luis, Zach X. and Bouncer71 like this.
  16. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb May 18, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , May 18, 2020 :
    Hi @Zach X. nice to see you again last AMA with Carl was pretty good!!

My question is to @Leo Lei. :-
    While OnePlus 8 series is all about Colours and Speed
    when designing a product like BWZ , (which feels like a tipped down BW2 )what were the challenges and how you as a product manager handled the pressure to make product ?

When everyone expected a successor of BW2 this feels like a step down from legacy, though the awesome name was again chosen by community and what a product and price tag it brings with itself [e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️

Bouncer71 and Dresa91 like this.
  17. Batman360
    Lollipop May 18, 2020

@Leo Lei my question for you is :-

You know we all love the pouch that came with BW-1 and BW-2 😍 What was the reason to skip it with BW-Z? Why not redesign the pouch to make it a better fit to store the bullets, instead of hogging the bullets into them? 🙈

P.S. I know you secretly love the pouch too, the material is just irrestible🤤

18. narutocoolguy
    Gingerbread May 18, 2020

narutocoolguy , May 18, 2020 :
    Hello @Zach X.

Last AMA was a big success. It was really informative for people looking to purchase new phones and the viability of 5G.
    You have no idea how long I have waited for the AMA with the Accessory Team. My Question is for @Christine L.

Question: At the inception of OnePlus, the Accessory department fiddled with a lot of Ideas ranging from JBL x OnePlus Earphones to OnePlus Exclusive Powerbank. To be specific, I owned the OnePlus Powerbank and it served me well for years. It had a "Never Settle" vibe with it where it did not compromise at anything and was a sort of "Flagship-killer" of the Powerbank world. Why aren't you working on Dash/Warp Charge ready Powerbank already? Is the current technology not feasible? Or do you not believe it to be as impactful in our daily lives as the other accessories that are available right now?

Also, I would like to see you partnering with premium Audio companies like Audio Technica/RHA. They host the best sound engineers in the world. I would really like to see some great RHA tuned Headphones/Truly Wireless Earbuds.

Last edited: May 19, 2020

19. kevinpatel2996 , via OnePlus Community App , May 18, 2020 :
    Hello One plus Fam,

I am a Huge Tech Enthusiast, Still I am not involved in One Plus Eco System, Its pretty Amazing that I know one plus from a very long time Now, Knowing from When the People have to email them to buy their Smartphone. From that day to till date, One Plus have Evolved so Fantastically, Yes its fantastic. Really Changed Smartphone Industries thinking of its Designs and all.
    Okay so Sorry for this little Ted Talk but If i have to talk about One Plus Its Journey is so tremendous[e]270c[/e]🏻.

Here is my Question @Christine L., @Donna L. and @Leo Lei!
    There are small small things which everyone faces in making a Complete Smartphone. Maybe its a chipset or anything whichever You face. I think this must be answered and shared with everyone else. This smallest Parts defines everything in Smartphones and way they are getting costlier this days and that is the main reason why This Flagships are coming with a heavy number of prices. I need to learn about those smallest issues you faced in making a complete oneplus phone.
    Over & Out.

20. Batman360
    Lollipop May 18, 2020

@Christine L. I have a question for you too🙈

What do you think about the RGB lighting on the protective cases? We all somewhere wanted the OnepPlus logo to glow, it's not possible on the phone but it's possible on the cases right? Making a small slot for the button cell and we have rgb light glowing in the logo. What do you think about it? Does this make the product look cheaper or it doesn't follow the OnePlus's burdenless thinking style? 😁