1. PizzaTacoCat
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

2. L1555469387288
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

3. MilkMan1027
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

MilkMan1027 , via OnePlus 6T , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Donna L.,

I am currently in my Master's program of Global Sustainability at the University of South Florida (Go Bulls!) and wanted to know how sustainable are your accessories & gears? What material are you using, where are you acquiring that material from, how are you processing the material, how much is raw versus how much is from recycled content, is it 100% recyclable or biodegradable, what type of transportation is used to distribute the products, what are the products packed in, and what efforts are being made to assure your gear do not end up in the landfill?

I know these a lot of questions, any response would be greatly appreciated because I like OnePlus but I like & love the environment more.

Thank you,

Gabriel Almonte

4. Jmendoza02
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

5. PizzaTacoCat
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

6. sahibahmadi
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

7. G1581745545712
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

8. W1589897595420
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

W1589897595420 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    I really love my oneplus7 pro, I really didn't think you guys needed to get certified for the water proofing for the series 8 do you think you will still get the certification for waterproofing or keep it like oneplus7 pro I have?

9. Caleb Straker , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 19, 2020 :
    Thank you Donna, Leo, and Christine for taking the time to answer these questions.

For @Christine L.: How do you determine the ideal thickness for cases? What goes into the process of making them thin but also protective?

For @Donna L.: How does your team and OnePlus determine when to release t shirts and other apparel? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there have not been any new releases recently that are available to the public. Is there a reason for this and can we expect merch for OnePlus users to buy in the future?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Last edited: May 19, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  10. U1589897586181
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

U1589897586181 , May 19, 2020 :
    I'm happy see another AMA! Thanks to everyone for taking time out of their schedules for this.

My first question could be posed to @Christine L. or @Donna L. :

I'm interested in getting more insight in to the design process, more specifically material choice. How are you guys choosing the materials you do? Are there any tests involved? Do the materials you end up choosing then effect the design process? Thanks again for your time!

for @Leo Lei:
    I'd love to know more about background noise occlusion when it comes to the BWZ. Is this technology developed in-house, or does it come from the mic suppliers? Does the effectiveness of this tech factor in to any decisions when it comes to mic placement or shape?

Cheers everyone, stay safe!!

11. kingster1965
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

kingster1965 , via OnePlus 6T , May 19, 2020 :
    It seems like it's harder to track down authentic accessories for One+ devices in the USA than it is for other brands. Is there a plan to expand the product line here?

Caleb Straker likes this.
  12. TMosebar8 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Leo Lei,
    I'm honestly wondering about a true wireless earbud from OnePlus. I've been overall fairly disappointed with past iterations of the Bullets. I feel like OnePlus is loosing a grip on potential customers, as a result of not seeing true wireless earbuds at the last release. As a 7 pro user I was immensely excited when I hear about the release of the Z's. But after hearing,. that they weren't all that, I bought the Sony WF-1000XM3. As, OnePlus continues to reach towards the more premium segment of pricing in the smart phone industry, do you see your self working on a more premium audio department? Why have you not made this change yet? Is a audio device in the works as of right now, how soon would it be available?
    Thank you for your time,
    Thor Mosebar

Caleb Straker likes this.
  13. JoshuaPhilip
    Donut May 19, 2020

JoshuaPhilip , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L.

Thanks for doing an AMA. I'm personally new to the Oneplus Community, but coming from the Essential Phone and the LG V20, audio has been an amazing part of the phones for me. I know that Oneplus's dongle isn't bad, but could a more premium option that could drive higher-tier headphones be a possible product? Maybe make a promotion with Tidal for their master quality music?

14. C1589897625040
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

C1589897625040 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello all,

I'm quite excited about this. Qualcomm and one plus being two of my favorite companies, in regards to tech and accessories.

I have a bit of a two-part question regarding 5G. I have a One plus t pro Mac 5g. That being the case, the phone only currently receives high frequency 5G. Mid frequency soon. but now that Sprint and T-Mobile have merged. is there any talk of millimeter wave and what your thoughts on it?

Thank you guys!

15. msylvette , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello Guys! my question is "When will the 8 pro be available to purchase on T Mobile US? They only have regular 8 version. I'm ready to jump into 5G but I don't want to spend the money if I'll have basically the same phone.

16. hankeypankey
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

hankeypankey , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello folks! thank you so much for taking your time to spend with the fans!

@Leo_Lei do you have any plans to develop something more outside the box; perhaps connected sunglasses or maybe bone conduction buds, or anything futuristic?

@Christine_L. have you or your team considered designing a wallet/card holder case, or maybe something that lights up and catches folks' attention to give me an opportunity to flash my dope OnePlus?

@Donna_L. has anybody contacted yourself or your team about partnerships? Like maybe Manfrotto or PeakDesign or something like that? I love my OnePlus devices and would love the opportunity to show off on more products!

Again, thank you folks so much! looking forward to more!

17. chaddy2o0
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

chaddy2o0 , May 19, 2020 :
    @LeoLei could you go into depth about if you're going to have a truly wireless ear bud with a case and quick charging? I use the pixel buds 2 and love them but just wondering if maybe you guys will have your own earbud that could compete.

18. mnwe
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

mnwe , May 19, 2020 :
    Is there any chance that OnePlus is going to work on wireless earbuds like completely without any wires even for charging?

19. Daniel Davis
    Eclair May 19, 2020

Daniel Davis , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Christine L

Are you planning on making more clear cases for OnePlus phones? They are my favorite as they show off the beauty of the full phone but also offer protection!

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  20. FAQBytes
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

FAQBytes , via OnePlus 6 , May 19, 2020 :
    My question is for @Leo Lei .

As an audiophile, and mechanical engineer with an electrical engineering and team management background, I always enjoy talking a look at the design process of different products and see how similar and different design processes are across disciplines.

Designing consumer electronics can often feel like a balancing act of designing the absolute best product for the enthusiasts while not excluding the larger market. With audio equipment, there are a lot of considerations, let alone in wireless headphones, such as audio target curves, cost, true wireless vs. other solutions, weight, battery life, control systems, while also making sure the audio is clear, but at the same time not too aggressive. Can you give us a short rundown of some of the more difficult decisions you had to make during the design process, as well as some lessons learned moving forward towards the next iterations of OnePlus audio products?

Last edited: May 19, 2020