AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. najohnson73
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

najohnson73 , May 19, 2020 :
    Is there any new news or development on the DirecTV app displaying video? I have the OnePlus 7T and it's a bit frustrating for this app not to work in it's entirety. This is my 1st experience with OnePlus brand ...is it just for this model or all across the board. Over all I am Happy with this phone and I'm very much interested in purchasing the OnePlus 8 Pro...!

2. yawang0427
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

UncleCupCake likes this.
  3. poornima.bhushan
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

poornima.bhushan , via OnePlus 5 , May 19, 2020 :
    hellos!!!

Everytime I use my Strava app for bike rides, the recording stops and usually it's just a straight line in the air that depicts I flew over houses. Strava is a world leading app for fitness and it says "known to crash on this device". Is there anyway we could accessorize this device so that Strava doesn't crash?

E1589898691322 likes this.
  4. I1589898202365
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

I1589898202365 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    hi @Donna L.

I really love the backpacks that your team puts together! how did you guys come up with the locking mechanism in the new explorer backpack? it reminds me of the everyday backpack - where do you guys go for backpack inspiration?

5. bhavin66
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

6. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 19, 2020

UncleCupCake , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo_Lei as an avid fan of tech and cool phones. I have tried them all. I will say OnePlus is by far my favorite phone. but I am curious since oneplus is not a flagship experience phone why are USB c headphones not packed in with the phone? Apple, Samsung, Motorola...hell even blackberry packs in head phones with the phone purchase. I know many will say oh this would increase the cost of the phone...I would argue how is apple doing so and still selling at 399 now ?

my last question is regarding the BWZ as you mention color options. however I have only seen these via the photos in marketing and never available in the online store. why? why no over ear options

7. K1589898418521 , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , May 19, 2020 :
    Good morning,
    I recently purchased the Oneplus8 from T-Mobile on the release day. Unlike in the past, there was no case included in the box. Why was the clear case not included this time? That clear Never Settle case was very nice but when I called Oneplus to order one, they were all sold out. Also, don't y'all think it would be an awesome idea to include headphones in the box like other phones?
    Again, I'm brand new to the Oneplus brand and I'm loving it so far. The display is beautiful and feels great in the hand.

UncleCupCake likes this.
  8. Andrewmarsh3201
    Eclair May 19, 2020

Andrewmarsh3201 , via OnePlus 7 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L.

If oneplus continues to work with McLaren in the future would it be possible to see special edition McLaren case for the other phones in the lineup? As both a fan of OnePlus and and Formula 1 I would love to see a case celebrating this partnership.

Last edited: May 19, 2020

9. J1560694904063
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

J1560694904063 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey Leo thanks for taking ur time to do the ama. Regards to my question will one plus have anymore wired and wireless earbuds coming in the near future

10. DarthFuego86
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

DarthFuego86 , May 19, 2020 :
    why aren't 7t pro McLaren accessories sold in the store anymore? love the phone and would like to purchase official items

Eric Xing likes this.
  11. Eric Xing
    Eclair May 19, 2020

12. Snyper1
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Snyper1 , May 19, 2020 :
    I was kinda late to the OnePlus game. I bought a OnePlus 7Pro 5G Sprint phone when my contract renewed.

@Leo Lei my question is I currently have a pair of Jabra wireless T75 headphones. without any actual investment, how can I actually decide whether to switch to the One plus product? there are a few nice features about the headphone OnePlus offers, but as far as a budget concern should I stay with the headphones I have? they are pretty new and work well

13. totes.mi.goats
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

totes.mi.goats , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L. Would it be possible to develop a program that would allow you to "lock" or "Marry" your headphones to your phone so that if they are stolen they can not be connected to another device. Something that could be controlled by the phone's settings and removed if the owner wanted to use them with another device. I have seen this programing with performance motorcycle tuners and feel that it would be a powerful theft deterrent. When I spend a couple hundred dollars on headphones, the thought that someone can steal and enjoy them easily is frustrating.

Oky36 likes this.
  14. Sank082
    Donut May 19, 2020

Sank082 , May 19, 2020 :

Thank you for the AMA.

My question to @Leo Lei is: Does Oneplus have any plans to enter the true wireless earbud market? Since all major OEM's have their own earbud products now. A Oneplus earbud in the 99$ - 129$ range would be a game changer i believe.

My question to @Christine L. is: Any plans to bring the colorful silicone cases for Oneplus 8/8 pro? Also it would be a nice touch if we could engrave a name/tag on the bottom corner of the cases to give a personal touch.

My Question to @Donna L. is: Are we going to see an updated version of the Oneplus travel backpacks?

15. E1589898691322
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

16. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

Vignesh_chandz , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Christine L.
    With cases protecting our phones mostly, how do you look into heat dissipation. Cuz mostly when I update my phone or play high demanding games, I remove the case to dissipate heat and reduce throttling. I am also very curious to know what factors do u check while designing a case other than the design and protection from fall. With continuous taking the case in and out loosens the case. Is there restrictions to it ?

17. B1574117430249
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

B1574117430249 , via OnePlus 7T , May 19, 2020 :
    @Donna L.
    hey donna, so my question. In developing a bag specific to a phone is it just your vision that drive you, or is it actually creating a few and actually going out and seeing how they perform in the real world? I've always been curious sometimes just because the bag holds a phone I'm wondering if they truly tested it out. anyways thanks and hope to hear from you

18. mauriciob
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

19. ohnoyoudaint
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

ohnoyoudaint , May 19, 2020 :
    @Donna L. What inspired the design of the Explorer? It's quite unique-looking.
    Also adding in @Christine L., @Leo Lei, For all 3 of you, how do you toe the line between aesthetics and functionality in all of these products? Oftentimes the two clash.

20. Mattiea
    Donut May 19, 2020

Mattiea , May 19, 2020 :
    hello thank you for organizing the AMA

I have a question for@Leo Lei

are you guys planning to release BWZ in different colors in US market as well? I think I would totally buy the oat color one if it was available here in US

21. G1589898122853
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

G1589898122853 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei First of all, thank you for making such beautiful wireless earbuds. I currently own the OnePlus 7 pro and I am seriously concerned about the lag in all other wireless earbuds when gaming. I tried the Samsung galaxy buds and there is tremendous lag when gaming, plus they don't have the wire between them which I find convenient. Do the BMW offer and option to decrease lag when gaming? Apart from that like the design very much and feel like the wire between them is great as you can rest them on your neck. Thank you so much for the great earbuds, look forward to trying them out.

22. A1589898846420
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

A1589898846420 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei hello!

I'm curious what your view on faith and religion is, and if it plays a part in your work ethic or development of new products?

Thanks for your time, I hope all of you have a wonderful day!