AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. Juan_Jaume
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Juan_Jaume , May 19, 2020 :
    @Donna L.
    First thanks a lot for doing this AMA

Has One Plus ever considered doing collabs with other Accessory designers, or Limited edition of backpacks or tshirts with any mclaren, or video game variants? Thanks a lot.

2. U1575866336696
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

U1575866336696 , May 19, 2020 :
    While not full leather, the 7t Pro McLaren has a very nice leather stripe going down the middle. I love the feel of it. Really really love it.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  3. 15ktanner
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

15ktanner , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L. just an idea here, but has OnePlus ever thought of doing a smart watch? You guys are amazing at offering premium products for less price than the competition and I'd love to see that expanded to an accessory like this. You're one of the companies that I would trust to do it right.

4. Lucascecil7
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Lucascecil7 , May 19, 2020 :
    Thanks for doing this AMA! I was curious, do you think we will see more official OnePlus cases in the future? I used the little clear one's I got with my OnePlus 6 until they were beyond dirty. I really like the style of them! Something Leather would be awesome!

5. F1550419201324
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

6. D1589899708744
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

7. reo11984
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

8. reo11984
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

9. 15ktanner
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

10. SecretzOfMana
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

SecretzOfMana , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L.

Have you or the OnePlus Team ever considered making "different" types of accessories? As in other external components for OnePlus phones? I've always wondered why flagships phones have never considered making modules that work with their phones similar to the Moto Mods Family or the LG G5 (not as successful). I'm pretty sure the Red Hydrogen One planned on including mods (eventually) as well, but we all know how that phone failed. I've always loved OnePlus's great hardware at a low cost, fast charging, and smooth software experience. However, with flagship phone prices increasing rapidly, it would be interesting to see modules that work between generations of phones and increase the usability frame of the current smartphone you do have. I think this could be a very lucrative idea if done the correct way. It may be hard to make a phone look like a flagship with pin connectors sticking out of the phone, but I'm sure if anyone could figure out how to make it look "premium", it would be the OnePlus Team. I find it frustrating that Motorola only has these modules for their cheaper phones rather than their flagship phones (not that the Moto Z series is bad, but the price point is far lower than the Motorola Edge+). I think modules like the Motorola Hasselblad Camera, Polaroid Instant Printer, improved speaker attachments, and various battery pack case attachments could be a huge success for OnePlus. While I'm sure this is no where in the near future, do you think OnePlus would ever consider adding this idea to their arsenal? The possibilities are limitless!

@Donna L.

What kind of attention to detail goes into the design for OnePlus's backpacks? What are the team's design goals? Do you want the lightest backpack, most comfortable, most durable, some combination of these? I'm just curious what you want customers to get out of your backpack and what you want them to remember it for. Anyways keep up the great work, and thank you for your wonderful products!

#NeverSettle

11. Alberthorta12
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 19, 2020

Cheetosdust , May 19, 2020 :
    That's very nice - I never owned a McLaren Limited Edition device, but if I remember correctly, you are talking about the Alcantara? That does look very cool indeed. Great to read you are liking it. ;):cool:

Dresa91 likes this.
  13. I1557326535007
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

14. Coffey333 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 19, 2020 :
    When will a OnePlus phone be designed as an artist focused model?

Something that has a pressure sensitive screen with a stylus, just give the screen the option to be any stylus capable.

Simple drawing and photography programs.

Maybe even a deal with Adobe Cloud or something.

Have it come with a heavy duty case and a Stylus around 5 1/2" long that works like a Cintiq, or another type of drawing pad uses.

A phone that can be sketchbook, digital media platform, photography camera, singer quality microphone to record vocalist...the capabilities are only limited by imagination.

15. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

Vignesh_chandz , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Leo Lei
    This time you took the colour game to next level. My question to you is
    With many companies now updating their audio gear through software updates , is BWZ capable of updating itself through OTA updates ?

BWZ is really being a colourful ride.
    With all the audio gears with no respect to colour produce sweat or salt stains after a heavy workout. My question or suggestion is that, is there any material design to avoid those stains or maybe use some materials that don't take in Salt stains.

16. hdunbar82
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

hdunbar82 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L

Let me frist state, that the original case was amazing. Just lacking a little.

I was wondering if you going to make a strong belt clip on carrying case. I bought a case from Amazon and it is a good case. that snapped into the holder that was clipped on my waist. but it got caught and broke. So looking for a strong durable case that helps with water resistant and could do a privacy screen...

.... Harry D

17. K1554863019376
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

18. marzurla
    Donut May 19, 2020

marzurla , via OnePlus 8 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei my question is about changes made from the BW1 to the BW2. On the first generation headphones Google assistant could be heard when activated via a long press on the center button; was there a reason for removing the activation sound from the BW2 (green colored ones specifically)? Any information would be great, thanks!

19. Drehmini
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

20. davidhn112
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

davidhn112 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi @Christine L.,

Currently OnePlus 7 Pro user. I find it hard to use the curved edges of the screen, especially when gaming or trying to cut and paste. This is amplified when using the TPU case included. Any thoughts to this design issue from your perspective?

21. mysterymanmax
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

mysterymanmax , May 19, 2020 :
    @Donna.L.

good morning!

I remember buying the oneplus 5 as a birthday gift for myself. Which was right around the time it launched! I was so excited to use it and I'm still using it (for now!). However showing my friends how smooth and fast it is, no one really know of the name brand (I'm in the USA) and while its gaining more market share I think it would be cool if more launch day phones came with a special day one t shirt or hoodie you could upgrade to, since most people that buy launch day devices are brand enthusiasts. The reason I said earlier that I'm still using my OnePlus 5 for now, is because I just bought a OnePlus 7 Pro! Which should be arriving today. 🙂

Thank you oneplus, you've been the most reliable smart phone brand I've owned thus far.