AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. A1586810483054
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

A1586810483054 , May 20, 2020 :
    Hi I'm new to this but I've wanted to figure out to get a hold of you guys so I can ask when will their be gear or more cases for the 7T pro

2. ruvy01
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

3. maxpriddy
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

maxpriddy , via OnePlus 6T , May 20, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei @Christine L. @Donna L.
    Would yourselves and the team ever consider a wearable accessory device similar to the Samsung Galaxy Gear/Watch? I've been using a Gear S3 with my OnePlus phones for the past few years, and though it still serves me well I'd love to see what OnePlus could bring to that market in terms of design, software, and OnePlus-native features.

4. genesishep
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

genesishep , via OnePlus 6T , May 20, 2020 :
    Hello!

I'm unsure who to direct my question towards since I believe my question/idea crosses between accessories and travel related gear. I love my current OnePlus 6T and haven't felt the need to upgrade from it just yet as the device has all the features I currently need. So first I'd like to say thank you to OnePlus for building such fine products and offering ongoing support and upgrades for them. I know if OnePlus continues to do this a I will remain a lifelong customer. On to my question...

I am wondering would OnePlus be willing to offer premium accessory packages that provide complete solutions for customers depending on their individual lifestyles? For example:

Lifestyle Accessory Packs:

Driver pack: Accessories for drivers like docks, chargers etc. (I actually have a very specific idea for a Auto accessory that is currently not being done by anyone in the mobile industry but I have no idea how to go about getting it created and don't want to reveal it in an open forum. I would be happy to discuss this via private message, it you can just hire me. [e]1f61c[/e])

Bicyclist/Motorcyclist Pack: Mounts, tire mounted generator electric charger, this could be solar as well (think back to the tire mounted light generators they had ages ago)

Fitness/Sports Action-Adventure Pack: Arm bands, Fanny/backpacks with built in battery packs. OnePlus fitness dashboard app (could also be included with Bicyclist pack), waterproof cases for swimmers, ruggedized cases for hikers/climbers.

Photography Pack: Camera lenses/filters, mini tripod, OnePlus photo/video filters that are absolutely only to OnePlus customers.

Student Pack: Smart paper notepad, Organizer etc. Make a model with a screen digitizer and a smart pen to make it even better, price it well and eat Samsung's lunch. There could also be a Business Pack that shares these items to aim at professionals.

Include OnePlus created apps with each pack geared toward the specific lifestyle. In fact, why didn't my phone include a OnePlus store app for me to buy stuff for my model phone? I'm not suggesting a bunch of bloatware apps but I'm sure customers wouldn't mind a single app directly from OnePlus that connects us with OnePlus made accessories for our phones.

I could literally think of so many possibilities that can be used to make OnePlus stand out from the crowd of phone makers by offering individualized/people based solutions.

You all have such wonderful jobs, I'm envious... seriously... hire me? lol

5. G_Neeraj_Porwal_XSAR
    Honeycomb May 20, 2020

6. G_Neeraj_Porwal_XSAR
    Honeycomb May 20, 2020

G_Neeraj_Porwal_XSAR , via OnePlus 5 , May 20, 2020 :
    dear sir did you plan any headphone and earbuds for young generation it's a most demanding in indian market
    many people are waiting for official OnePlus headphones and earbuds.

7. Ajay911
    Donut May 20, 2020

Ajay911 , via OnePlus 6 , May 20, 2020 :
    hey thanks for this AMA.

@Leo Lei

so this one is for you as @OnePlus is always committed for the premium and in budget phones and accessories that's why you are called the #flagship killer.
    so iam from India aand want to know what made this BWZ cost so unbelievably low, it's just amazing to know the cost.
    please answer this question .

love from #India

8. Kashyap94
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

9. G_William_Montolio_Hwsa
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

G_William_Montolio_Hwsa , May 20, 2020 :
    Hey @Donna L. ,

Will we see any gear that we haven't seen yet? I'm talking sexy gear, like boxers. You're designs and gear are absolutely eye catching and a product like boxers could be game changing [e]1f609[/e].

10. Oakleydokie
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

11. Tir69
    Froyo May 20, 2020

Tir69 , May 20, 2020 :
    Ciao,pongo le mie domande a Oneplus: @Christine L. Volevo sapere se sarà possibile ritrovare in futuro sul vs store cover per Oneplus 6T
    @Donna L. Volevo sapere se torneranno a disposizione le t-shirt Never Settle
    @Leo Lei I miei complimenti per le fantastiche Bullets, io ho le 2 . Però vorrei sapere se arriveranno mai le TWS simil Aipods. Infine una domanda per tutti voi,arriverà mai in Italia Oneplus con un suo store come ha già fatto Xiaomi? Grazie

12. 1337Reis
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

1337Reis , May 20, 2020 :
    Thank you very much @Zach X. for another AMA round.

My Question to @Leo Lei is, why OnePlus did decide not to use the aptx HD-Codec in the Wireless Bullets Z.

13. jetdragon67
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

jetdragon67 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 20, 2020 :
    Why would you need to upgrade if your current ear Buds work fine? Seriously

14. Abhishek654
    Honeycomb May 20, 2020

Abhishek654 , via OnePlus 7T , May 20, 2020 :
    I'm have enough money to buy new one that's why I'm asking 😋

15. Manish Bhomia
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

16. F_Manan_Gangar_AeBG
    Froyo May 20, 2020

F_Manan_Gangar_AeBG , May 20, 2020 :
    @Donna L.: Hey. i am manan from india and i have been wearing oneplus tshirt(black) and india being the hot country its very difficult to wear black tshirt during summers. i have a question that why are you making almost all the tshirt black? can you please make some tshirt which are not dark colour. It will be greatfull if you make some cool colour tshirts and i just want to say one thing the hoddies is the best.its been so long i am wearing it and still no question yet.

17. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator May 20, 2020

Batman360, superplus and Dresa91 like this.
  18. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 20, 2020

superplus , May 20, 2020 :
    Hi @Christine L.
    The OnePlus cases are always amazing. I absolutely love the new cyan sandstone! In the last few series however (since the OnePlus 6/T series, so the series you have been the designer and product manager for), there doesn't seem to be any OnePlus flip cover available anymore, is there any chance they will become available again at some point for future devices, or do you feel they've had their day and there has been a decreased interest from the community in them?

Hi @Donna L.
    Your products are definitely always a great hit in the Raffles and any contests, promotions or events! The water bottle might be one of my new favourites yet! Though it still can't beat the "Never Settle" hoodie. I would so have loved to have one of those.
    However, I think for a lot of community members, an important question is: why is there no way to obtain these items in the store? They are so much loved by all and there seem to be so few opportunities to get your hands on any of them, especially without luck being majorly involved (excluding the backpack of course).

@Leo Lei
    I think @B.I.T.S. was quite keen on the mint version.
    A question a number of people have been wondering: why are all these amazing colours not available in all the regions? Or is there any chance they will become available at some point in the future?

Thanks all! Looking forward to the AMA. And keep up the awesome design and product managing work! <3

Last edited: May 20, 2020

19. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 May 20, 2020

B.I.T.S. , May 20, 2020 :
    Yes... And very sad not seeing the fresh minty color here *inserts puppy eyes*.

20. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 20, 2020

superplus , May 20, 2020 :
    But would you swap them for the awesome hoodie? :cool: