AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 May 20, 2020

B.I.T.S. , May 20, 2020 :
    Never!! The "Never Settle" one is my favorite hoodie ever :cool: (Never, never, ever, who am I, a rapper now? :rolleyes:)

MosheG1, superplus and Dresa91 like this.
  2. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

UncleCupCake , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 20, 2020 :

G1589921960130

@Christine L.
    Hi Christine, my question is for you. I really like Popsockets, but a lot of them lose their adhesive. What about the idea of a Popsocket built into a case? Is that possible?​

if you wash the pop socket with warm water n dish soap it will get sticky again seriously it works. . it really is not an adhesive on it. but microscopic suction cups that just get dirty and clogged. once clean they work again. the only adhesive is the one holding it to the plastic.. trust me I have the same Superman pop socket from 3 phones back and it still works

3. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 May 20, 2020

B.I.T.S. , May 20, 2020 :
    Hello everyone! I'm a little bits too late to the party... I hope I'm not repeating questions :oops:

@Christine L., how do you face the process of designing a case from the beginning? How free are you with your creations?

@Donna L., which one is your designed favorite product so far? Is there something new that you're working on at the moment, that will arrive soon? (If it's something top secret, I'll be happy with a yes :D)

@Leo Lei, how were the colors of the BWZ chosen? Was there a brainstorm of suggestions? Was it voted? Everyone in the team got the chance of creating their favorite color earphones?

Thank you Santa @Zach X. for bringing this AMA to us, and thank you to the Three Musketeers, for your future answers :cool:

4. nadeemaflah
    Donut May 20, 2020

5. nadeemaflah
    Donut May 20, 2020

nadeemaflah , via OnePlus 6T , May 20, 2020 :
    Please do make more accessories, not just tech items...please make some Tshirts, and stuffs also, which we can use to show our love and power of the brand...

6. nadeemaflah
    Donut May 20, 2020

nadeemaflah , via OnePlus 6T , May 20, 2020 :
    Please make accessories at affordable prices, even for common people who wont be able to buy high priced accessories, after buying a phone for such a big amount

7. G1569431129491
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

G1569431129491 , via OnePlus 6T , May 20, 2020 :
    Hi @Leo Lei

Just got my BWZ. Love the sound and comfortable design. The quick switching between paired devices is really helpful as well. Very happy with them.
    My only minor complaint is the flashing white LED that blinks constantly while they're connected to a device. It would be nice to have the option to turn this off as it makes using them in the dark less appealing.
    Would it be possible to give OnePlus users the option to turn this off in the next OS update? Or maybe the option only have it flash when the earphones are low on battery to remind the user to charge them, just an idea.

8. nathcakes
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

nathcakes , May 21, 2020 :
    Thanks for organizing another interesting AMA @Zach X.

My question is for @Christine L. Are you able to tell us a little bit about how the collaboration with André Saraiva came about? Bonus question, any chance of future collabs?

I absolutely love the designs and the matching wallpaper from the NFC card it's an incredible idea, I don't think I've heard of any other manufacturers doing that. The street art design tipped me over the edge to upgrade from 7t to an 8.

Thanks!
    Nathan

superplus likes this.
  9. B1590019151997
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

B1590019151997 , May 21, 2020 :
    My question for the team is this: Given OnePlus' history of creating flagship quality devices for much less than other companies, is there plans to introduce a line of officially supported accessories that can challenge the top players in the audio arena and provide us with top tier quality, ingenuity and make those accessories both affordable and fully featured? There aren't really Android equivalents to the AirPods and a product like that, without the bulging external pieces that most Bluetooth earbuds have, would be an awesome accessory, especially if it paired well with Oxygen OS and other Android builds.

10. Julong3444
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

Julong3444 , May 21, 2020 :
    Hello OnePlus' Accessories Team! Thank you very much for hosting this AMA! The Accessories Team seems like a very interesting job to do at OnePlus. Thus, I do have a couple questions for the team. How does planning an accessory work in conjunction with a new device launch? How do you determine the type of accessories that will be made, and the materials that will be used to make these accessories? And lastly, does the team get very creative with ideas on various accessories? Once again, thanks for the opportunity for this AMA! I look forward to seeing your responses!

11. ArshadLuvOnePlus
    Froyo May 21, 2020

ArshadLuvOnePlus , May 21, 2020 :
    Hello @Zach X.
    I appreciate your work here for the OnePlus community.

Hi @Leo Lei
    Glad to hear you enjoy the new Bullets Wireless Z. I'm proud of you being part of the Audio accessories of OnePlus. However, I want to ask you a question.

How close are we to being fully wireless for OnePlus Audio?

As a competitor brand, we must achieve what other brands do not and have done. OnePlus has did much for everyone since 2014.
    As OnePlus 8 series was launched five weeks ago, it has nearly reach the edge of fully wireless experience. In order to achieve this, we can take a step by looking at other brands such as Bose, Sony or even Apple.

Apple has released airpods since 2016. And OnePlus can definitely do something that will make a change to the community. Why not the idea of OnePlus branded airpods?

Haha, I have been waiting for this long. Thank you, Leo!

12. mlfetterman
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

mlfetterman , May 21, 2020 :
    @Leolei, how is the microphone capability on the bullets? I haven't tried these before, but with other wireless and even wired ear buds, the people I spoke to always said it wasn't clear, or it had echo or wasn't loud enough. Also, when can we get wireless ear buds that are similar and work as well as apple wireless air pods? why do they have to still have the wire? Thank you!

13. Sashank_10 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , May 21, 2020 :
    Thanks for this AMA session which is being held.

I have a very interesting question to be asked.

Is there a OnePlus SMARTWATCH going to be developed soon?
    Well, not that we've graduated from a flagship killer to a flagship. It would be amazing to have a device like this.

14. Leo Lei
    Accessory Product Manager Staff Member May 21, 2020

Stickied Post
    Leo Lei , May 21, 2020 :
    According to feedbacks from previous Bullets Wireless 2 users, the frequency of them using the carry case is very low. Therefore, we decided to remove the carry case in the package.

15. Raveendran v
    Froyo May 21, 2020

Raveendran v , via OnePlus 7 , May 21, 2020 :
    My question to @Leo Lei

Is there is any add on advantage for using round or circular cable than flat cable in bullet Wireless headset... Using flat cable can we reduce the overall weight of Headset... and what is the major difference between flat and round cable... Which cable is more durable..

Thanks for giving opportunity...

As a OnePlus fan

16. Batman360
    Lollipop May 21, 2020

Batman360 , May 21, 2020 :
    Thanks for answering 😊😊
    But that's because the case itself didn't fit the BW-2 perfectly in it, so no user wants to damage his/her expensive earphones by jamming them in the case🙈 A suggestion :- If you could design a case which fits the bullets wireless 1,2, Z and future bullets perfectly in them, everyone would love using the case, including me. 😄

17. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 21, 2020

MosheG1 , May 21, 2020 :
    ditto!

18. Leo Lei

Stickied Post
    Leo Lei , May 21, 2020 :
    Maybe we can design a more creative and textured bag which fits BWZ perfectly, just like what @Batman360 suggested in the other post.

19. Batman360
    Lollipop May 21, 2020

Batman360 , May 21, 2020 :
    Yayayayaya!!! Yaasss pleaseee 🔥🔥😍😍

20. Leo Lei

Stickied Post
    Leo Lei , May 21, 2020 :
    We certainly have such considerations, so please keep an eye on OnePlus audio product! ;)