AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. khanibrahim442
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

khanibrahim442 , May 21, 2020 :
    @christine L
    my question is about security !
    OnePlus mobile protect only apps ?
    one plus mobile is vulnerable for hacking compare to other mobile why?
    when are u releasing security app
    every time during security update ,it doesn't show fully discribed security patch .and plz respond to my post!
    this may gonna help all .so kindly respond

2. DudeMan1
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

DudeMan1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 21, 2020 :
    That's awesome to hear! the wireless earbuds I have are not great and I would to see your guys take on them!

3. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 21, 2020

G_plusone , May 21, 2020 :
    Or something like that limited edition case that was available for India with Discount codes ?

4. DudeMan1
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

DudeMan1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 21, 2020 :
    Hello I don't really know who would be able to answer this question but I will still ask it. Don't get me wrong I love my OnePlus phone, but I have 2 big issues. 1 I can't used wired earbuds without having to restart the phone with them plugged in which is a huge bummer. and 2, I can't transfer large amounts of data either to or from a PC without the file explorer with the phones data closes out and I have to replug in the phone. Much appreciated if those could be fixed! but honestly everything else is an improvement from every other phone I have had in the past! keep up the fantastic work and never settle!

5. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 21, 2020

MosheG1 , May 21, 2020 :
    nice!

6. mmohansasanka
    Froyo May 21, 2020

mmohansasanka , via OnePlus 7T , May 21, 2020 :
    @Christine L
    This question is for you. Since the cam is huge on one plus 7t, is there any possibility to make a case (similar to dBrand one) which can cover entire cam leaving lens - horizontal line visible.

7. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb May 21, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , May 21, 2020 :
    Thank You @Leo Lei for answering mine question !

What I like most about OnePlus is it's philosophy of "Never Settle" , I hope next music accessories of OnePlus will come with most creative and textures bag , more power to you and OnePlus accesories manufacturing and designing team for future products. Wish you best wishes for future products of OnePlus Accessories!

#StaySafe

Regards,
    Darshan.

8. Donna L.
    Gear Product Manager Staff Member May 21, 2020

Stickied Post
    Donna L. , May 21, 2020 :
    Listening to the needs of users is an important part of our product planning. Of course, there are also trend analysis, market research, and novel and interesting designs and gadgets I like personally lol. Lifestyle products do not only represent the OnePlus brand, but also represent a lifestyle and attitude we yearn for. High quality, no burden, the user experience has always been reflected in our products. With the rise of more young users, OnePlus Gear will also allow users to have a try on more trendy and exclusive products.

9. Donna L.

Stickied Post
    CORDURA has been used in military equipment for a long time because of its wear resistance, tear resistance, and water resistance. The choice of CORDURA is also in line with the spirit and physical characteristics of OnePlus Explorer Backpack. Thank you for loving our products!

10. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , May 21, 2020 :
    Have you guys considered making a OnePlus crowbar? It worked well for Supreme; and will work well with the "drop/limited sale" mantra you guys align to. Sell it for $300; guarantee they'll sell.
    [​IMG]

11. Donna L.

Stickied Post
    Thank you for your question, this is a very good one. Explorer's magnetic buckle is a very good selling point and highlight of it. People who like it like it very much, and people who don't like it don't like it very much. When I upgrade the Explorer Backpack again, I want to improve its using experience. The product itself should also be more burden-free.

12. Donna L.

Stickied Post
    OnePlus gear products will be more and more focused on the level of core fans. At present, we can get the latest gear products by participating in more important events such as our launch event and Pop Up. Of course, maybe one day you can also see the new gear on the official website.

13. Donna L.

Stickied Post
    Thank you for your love of OnePlus Explorer Backpack. I am an amateur cyclist. I found that many helmets or kettles have a safe and fast way to open and close. The use and observation in daily life make me want to apply these ideas to other products. It seems that a lot of inspiration comes from our daily life.

14. JustASoftwareEngineer

@DonnaL
    For the 2.0 Explorer Backpack, would you consider including a solar powered electro-magnetic buckle, openable only with and NFC signal from your phone?

15. Donna L.

Stickied Post
    Thank you for your understanding, there are indeed considerations in cost. However, OnePlus' pursuit of the product itself is prioritized over consideration of profit or price. Bullets Wireless Z is a good example. We will consider this question again.

16. Caleb Straker , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 21, 2020 :
    Thank you for the response and insight!

17. JustASoftwareEngineer

18. JustASoftwareEngineer

@Donna L.
    As a global product manager, I'm sure you have to juggle varying expectations, and interests from various markets and demographics. What is the biggest challenge you've faced in making sure you satisfy all involved parties?

19. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 21, 2020

MosheG1 , May 21, 2020 :
    awesome! thanks for the answer!