AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb May 21, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , May 21, 2020 :
    Thank You @Leo Lei for answering my question.

Wishes you best luck for future Music Accesories...I will wait for upcoming innovative products of OnePlus..

Congratulations for successfully launching of BWZ.

2. Meloc94
    Froyo May 21, 2020

Meloc94 , May 21, 2020 :
    @Christine L.
    Hello, first of all I apologize for my bad English, my question concerns the audio sector, with the renewal of the bullets with the z version (which I personally do not love, but they are personal tastes), do you think that oneplus can focus on producing a pair of tws headphones for users who love this genre? I think it is harmful for the company to force the user to flee elsewhere to have a pair of wireless headphones, it would be great if you could give the user a pair of these headphones! Having the possibility to choose between tws and bullets z each user will feel free to choose the type they prefer, but at the moment you are obliged to take the bullets z if you want to stay at home oneplus.
    In summary ... are you planning to launch a couple of tws? (so I avoid buying other comptetitors and wait for the oneplus headphones!)

3. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer May 21, 2020

Overzee , May 21, 2020 :
    Thanks so much @Donna L. that you've picked and answered my question, thanks for the clear answer! Looking forward on how the improved product will look and feel like!

Batman360 and superplus like this.
  4. Ahemed
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

5. G_SHIVAM_SHUKLA_zmom
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

G_SHIVAM_SHUKLA_zmom , May 21, 2020 :
    @leo lei
    first of all, is there anything in mobile accessories that u guys connot make the best of its kind .coz u guys manufacture the things like no one else.
    and my question is "after bullet wireless and wireless2,why is bullet wireless z so cheaper than other two.what is the main difference in technology that makes it cheaper?"
    i asked this question coz u guys are known for a little hike in the prices of any new product of one plus and the wireless z is the first one whos erate has been determined a bit lower

Last edited: May 21, 2020

6. B1590085069729
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

7. manojsurya99
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2020

manojsurya99 , May 21, 2020 :
    @Christine L. I have been using OnePlus flip covers since OnePlus One and for some reason, the white flip cover of OnePlus One though expensive in 2014, was the best according to me till date.
    Now the question is why only for specific products, we have got Flip Cases. The last I saw it was for OnePlus 6T. What happened after that?

8. Overzee

Overzee , May 21, 2020 :
    Good one and clear answer from @Leo Lei, I still got no clue on how to use the pouch, so I just leave it laying around in the house. No wonder they discontinued the pouches as part of the Wireless Bullets.

MosheG1 and Batman360 like this.
  9. Rushrav
    Donut May 21, 2020

Rushrav , via OnePlus 7 , May 21, 2020 :
    hi team,

hope everyone is doing well during this pandemic.

my question is to @Leo Lei I'm planning to buy OnePlus Wireless Headphone and I'm bit confused between wireless bullets 2 and wireless bullet z which one is better among these two. pls suggest.

warm regards

10. Batman360
    Lollipop May 21, 2020

Batman360 , May 21, 2020 :
    Well it's given in the small booklet that is included inside the box 😉But the bullets doesn't feel secure inside it and also the magnets keeps on detaching 🙈

Helder_DAlmeida, MosheG1 and Overzee like this.
  11. Overzee

MosheG1 and Batman360 like this.
  12. Batman360
    Lollipop May 21, 2020

Batman360 , May 21, 2020 :
    Sure thing😊

Helder_DAlmeida, MosheG1 and Overzee like this.

13. MosheG1 likes this.
  14. N1581521019897
    Cupcake May 22, 2020

N1581521019897 , via OnePlus 7T , May 22, 2020 :
    I would like to register my feedback regarding the purchase i made for One plus wireless Z which are released recently..I was quite happy to discover that finally i am gonna get the premium quality earphone which i have wished for so long...and yes when i purchased i really thought like ..everyrhing was upto the mark and as 1 to 2 days passed..I figure out the issue these earphone are having with the noise cancellation...when you are on the opposite side of the phone amd you are talking to someone...the background noise is so loud actually the person which is on the other side can't even hear what you are saying as the background noise is so iritating and it pinches into your ears..I have actually tried this with multilple other mobile Phones and got the same result...everything was perfect apart from this...Please tell me what should i do ?
    I will wait for my answer.
    Thankyou.

Last edited: May 22, 2020

15. MOHAMAD SAJID , via OnePlus Community App , May 22, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei and oneplus team you guys have done very good job during all past year and still making very good accessories and gear for oneplus community I want to asked to whole oneplus team about smart watch are oneplus team planning to work on smart watches as well thanks

Last edited: May 25, 2020

16. Christine L.
    Accessory Product Manager Staff Member May 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Christine L. , May 22, 2020 :
    ---------------------

At present, there are two difficulties in the production of our protective glass:
    1. The curved screen has large curvature on both sides. However, the protective glass cannot perfectly fit the curvature on both sides. At present, there is no protective glass manufacturer on the market that can solve the problem of curved screen bonding.
    2. There are tolerances on mobile phone screens, which is a phenomenon that exists on all mobile phones. Tolerance within a certain range is allowed, but it will also prevent the protective glass from fitting perfectly on some mobile phones, and there will be bubbles on the surface that are difficult to eliminate.
    If we want to solve the above problem of fitting rate, we need to thicken the protective glass to weaken the problems caused by tolerances, but this will affect our fingerprint recognition. To get an excellent fingerprint recognition experience, we need to make a thin and light protective glass.
    At present, the curved protective glass selling on the market all have the problem of poor adhesion. It is because we have higher requirements for the fitting rate and lightness of the official protective glass, hoping to make products that Never Settle, the protective glass that meets our standards has been unable to be released.
    We are currently exploring other ways to give the screen extra protection.

17. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean May 22, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , May 22, 2020 :
    So, you aren't capable of producing the right protective glass and you do realise that all other manufacturers can't do it as well, then I've got a really nice question. Why did you make a smartphone with curved edges. It's very hard to pick the phone up from any surface even when it's in case. I constantly think of that it's very very inconvenient to hold it. What were you even thinking off when made such a decision?

18. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean May 22, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , May 22, 2020 :
    I do realise that these are accessory & gear product managers, but the question about curved screen constantly pisses me off. I just couldn't but share my point about it.1+ usually avoids answering to these questions in full measure, leaving answers like "it adds premium look and feeling". YES, it does, but it causes inconveniences on the same level. And the fact that they realise all of it, but still do it, pisses me off even more. Samsung did understand their mistakes. Will it take OnePlus 3 years for the same?

19. Christine L.

Stickied Post
    -------------------------------------
    Thank you for loving our crossover case. At present, we do not have more product plans for other protective cases on 8 Pro. But now we have launched the "creatives +" plan, and there will be more partners from different fields to create more interesting products with us. Stay tuned.

20. Christine L.

Stickied Post
    Thank you for your advice! We are currently exploring the possibility of related ideas. Personalized customization is pretty cool. I also hope to have my own unique accessories myself! However, user customization put greater pressure on our back-end management (for example, when the order volume is large, different patterns are very difficult to separate). We are currently exploring some solutions that can provide customized services to users, while also ensuring that we do not put too much pressure on our colleagues in the supply chain department