AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. doctorprateeks
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

doctorprateeks , May 18, 2020 :
    hi there

My question is for @Leo Lei

What's the major difference between OP Bullets 2 and OP wireless Z ? So anyone having the older bullets needs to upgrade ? and on what grounds?

2. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2020

suhantm , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 18, 2020 :
    Not true at all. Also the BW2 have 3 drivers.

3. timouce
    Eclair May 18, 2020

timouce , May 18, 2020 :
    Hi @Zach X. , thank you for this new AMA.
    I've got a question for @Donna L. :
    I love my explorer bagpack (won at the Paris 7 Pro popup). Are they new scheduled products (bags, gears ...) in the store (not only limited to raffles) ?
    Thanks for your beautiful work !

4. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , May 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for organizing this AMA @Zach X. This is always a good initiative!
    My question is for @Christine L.,
    Regarding the materials you use in the manufacture of protective covers, what are your concerns for the environment? Are materials chosen with a view to the environment and a sustainable and greener future, for example with recycled materials?
    Thank you.

gaster, Bouncer71 and Dresa91 like this.
  5. I1581234991517
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

I1581234991517 , May 18, 2020 :
    @Christine L. Is there any chance or has there been thoughts of offering official cases with D3O technology in them or something similar to what Gear4 & Tech21 offer or maybe collaborating with them to get some slim fall protection cases out there for the OnePlus 8 Pro?

Thanks
    Lee

6. Vivek2368
    Froyo May 18, 2020

Vivek2368 , via OnePlus 7T , May 18, 2020 :
    hii @Christine L. I want to ask why the cover I got with my 7t started to turn yellow in just two months even as it is not prone to any sunlight or anything , as we all are following the lockdown , what could be the reason behind the yellowness of cover that came with the product?

7. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 18, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 18, 2020 :
    Hey @Zach X.

unexpected nice AMA... ;)

I think that's a question I really wanted to ask since I got the Gray OnePlus Zip-Hoodie...

@Donna L.

Are you considering an OnePlus fashion line...?

I'm a Zip-Hoodie addict...
    I got like 15 and the OnePlus is my total favorite right now...
    It's elegant, restraint and comfy...
    Not crying out loud the brand... But still an eye catcher... :)

I would certainly wear Jeans, Shorts, T-shirts, casual shirts, Sneakers with an equal approach...

What you say...? :D

8. Starcommander
    Lollipop May 18, 2020

Starcommander , May 18, 2020 :
    @Donna L.

The explorer bagpack had an amazing camouflage varient as a prize of a raffle.
    That design was unique. Can we see more such products in future?
    Also a suggestion, please increase the depth of side pockets which is used to keep bottles.
    I use the explorer bagpack daily and only problem I face is that the side pocket is too tight for my 1 litre bottle to fit in and when it does, it keeps falling off the pocket.

Overzee, Dresa91, suhantm and 2 others like this.
  9. Starcommander
    Lollipop May 18, 2020

Starcommander , May 18, 2020 :
    Oneplus inner wears too? :rolleyes::D:p

Venky61, Dresa91, suhantm and 2 others like this.
  10. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 18, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 18, 2020 :
    If you mean underwear...?
    Sure why not... ;)

I don't care about brands of clothing that much actually...
    As long they are not screaming "Look at my Name" and the quality is good I'm in...

I don't want to walk around like an advertising Pillar...

The reason I e.g. hate Camp David...

Front-page like design and Dieter Bohlen ist the prominent face... 8P :D

cdnfarmer, Dresa91 and Starcommander like this.
  11. C1556302496658
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

12. Vansh99
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2020

Vansh99 , May 18, 2020 :
    Hello @Christine L., I have two questions, please feel free to choose either one

1)I April 2019 OEF in NYC, a few folks and I were discussing regarding lack of wireless charging and power banks from OnePlus and their phones. Things have changed since then, we now have a wireless charging pad on the 8pro but my question still remains.
    Have you and your team discussed about providing battery cases to the customers? Heavy users (me included) usually tend to charge phone 1.5-2 times daily, since there are no power banks that charge my phone with warp charging speed, I tend to use the cable. Would be great if we had an option for a case with battery built in. A bonus would be wireless charging on them so the OnePlus phones that do not have wireless charging could get that benefit from the case.

2) Now that the carrier partnership has expanded from T-Mobile (and Sprint) to Verizon as well, are there any plans of providing accessories in the carrier store like cables, bricks, even cases perhaps? Would be very convenient for customers buying the phones directly from the carrier, especially in store.

Last edited: May 19, 2020

OscarOP likes this.
  13. laiosg
    Gingerbread May 18, 2020

14. Abhishek654
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

15. ARNABSANU
    Eclair May 19, 2020

ARNABSANU , via OnePlus 5 , May 19, 2020 :
    My question rather a suggestion is for @Christine L.

I wish there was an online tool for creating individual customised phone cases where there would be options such as material type, colour, etc, and then it could be delivered to us. This thing was available for my Moto G3 way back in 2015 where people could add their loved colours to the phone cases and place an order.
    I think many people would love this.

nabeelkh and suhantm like this.
  16. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

suhantm , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    "two Knowles balanced armature drivers and 10mm dynamic driver system in each of the Bullets Wireless 2 housings"

What's 2+1 again? 3

17. Abhishek654
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

Abhishek654 , via OnePlus 7T , May 19, 2020 :
    That *Two Knowles balanced armature drivers* count as 1 driver which is use for vocal and treble . have your every heard any earphones of 3 drivers ?

I think your should try once 1 more triple driver wirh ANC

18. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

20. Abhishek654
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020