AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 19, 2020

camohan , May 19, 2020 :
    My question is for @Christine L. I personally like the texture feel of denim and my question, therefore, is related to denim based case covers. Did OnePlus in past tried making one? If not, my suggestion would be to try one. Looks classy and offers grip.

Here are the sample images I found on the internet
    cover-oneplus-7-pro-jeans-14_4.jpg

cover-oneplus-7t-pro-02_6.jpg

gaster, suhantm and Dresa91 like this.
  2. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 19, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 19, 2020 :
    Thanks @Zach X. For another great AMA . Welcome @Christine L. @Donna L. And team thanks for all your great work . Absolutely love the Explorer Backpack, the new shirt and bottle are beautiful too.
    @Leo Lei looking forward to hearing sounds from the BWZ.

Questions:
    @Christine L. It's a two part question:
    A. What is the most exciting or challenging part of your job? And
    B. As a result, what are lessons learned that had an impact on your life, job or activities?

Idea suggestion:in the past there were OnePlus fast charge battery pack. Would it be possible or worthwhile having OnePlus battery pack that supports warp charge and maybe even wireless charging (if that is a direction the company is continuing to go towards?

@Donna L. What is the part of your job that you find the most rewarding and why?

Last edited: May 19, 2020

3. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 19, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei two questions about colour selection:
    1. what is your source of inspiration for the colours of the BWZ?
    2. How many of different colours did you try before finalizing on the ones you did?

Dresa91 likes this.
  4. Navdeep_Malik
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

Navdeep_Malik , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei I have a question ...
    The new wireless z is really handy and all..it even is sweat proof but will you provide the fins for the grip as it keeps on getting lose every now and then and can't use them with full potential getting lose like that..

5. vdubharv
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

6. CasperDelvaux
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

CasperDelvaux , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    hey @Christine L
    I wonder what the huge price difference between a sandstone and a carbon case is. Is there such a big difference in build quality or materials? Also I seemingly can't register to keep me up to date with the restock of the carbon cases which have been sold out for the OP 8 pro since a few days after launch.

7. Lavin A.
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

Lavin A. , May 19, 2020 :
    Good to have an AMA on accessories!

My question is to @Donna L.
    The explorer backpack is quite useful, the materials, hidden pockets and everything is great for a bag that offers utility. However, the size is huge and the bag itself is heavy which isn't practical in all scenarios.

The question is, would you like to design something compact like the old explorer backpack, but with materials and extra hidden pockets like the newer explorer backpack?

8. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , May 19, 2020 :
    My question to Product manager of accessories @Christine L. :

We have seen carl has weared a fitness ring of different brand in recent ama with him, can we expect one day he will wear his own brand smart ring? How you see feature of Fitness Accesories? There is no recent any fitness accessories available from OnePlus brand. Have you any plan for it? , What we can expect for upcoming Accessories of OnePlus?

9. aris
    Jelly Bean May 19, 2020

Dresa91 likes this.
  10. lash17
    Eclair May 19, 2020

lash17 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello Everyone,

My question is around OnePlus x André cases. I really love them and can't wait to get my hands on them. Just want to know that if all goes well do you guys plan to release such cases for more often?

11. Manish_unofficia
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Manish_unofficia , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    We mostly requires screen protectors for every oneplus device. Official protection for screen must be given in every mobiles. Still there is no official screen protectors for 7pro and 8 series. Waiting for a gud response

12. B1589873674764
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

13. rohithkad169
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

14. Smitra54
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Smitra54 , May 19, 2020 :
    How to identify the bullet wireless z earphone is fully charged or it is charging as it don't have any led light for it@leo lei

15. Chinda
    Jelly Bean May 19, 2020

Chinda , May 19, 2020 :
    The Karbon case is more expensive than the Sandstone cases because of the higher cost materials used. The OnePlus 8 Pro Karbon case is made of real woven Kevlar material. Its a high end material used in bulletproof vests and high end HiFi speaker woofers.

The Sandstone OnePlus 8 Pro cases are made of the less expensive (PC and TPU) Polycarbonate and Thermoplastic polyurethane materials. These materials are used in loads of everyday items people own and are very cheap to manufacture.

My guess hunch why the OnePlus Karbon cases are always out of stock is because Evutec manufacturers makes the cases for OnePlus. It's likely OnePlus put minimum bulk orders as to not be overspending money and left with a big stockpile that might not clear for ages.

16. mspatil.92
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

mspatil.92 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei Bullets Wireless are one of my favourite products from OnePlus thanks for that, I own Wirless 1, wanted to buy wireless 2 but they are a touch expensive but wirelss z have been very stylish and budget friendly, definitely wan't to try those.

my question would be will we see bullets wireless z pro? like complete wireless?

17. gaurang205
    Eclair May 19, 2020

18. rohithkad169
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

19. ajitjt
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

ajitjt , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L. Hey.. Just one basic question and am guessing this is something that a lot of people have in their minds. Is it honestly impossible to ship earphones with new phones? Even if that is an expensive proposition, atleast try and include a 3.5mm to C type adapter. A lot of people who upgrade to OP from other brands have spent good money to buy expensive earphones. Its just easier for such folks if an adapter is given along with the phone. The other day in between a lockdown in India, my adapter got screwed up, and with no shops being open and ecomm sites not functioning, I had to live without the earphones for weeks. Just a suggestion - OP phones are definitely VFM, but they arent cheap, so honestly a normal earphone shouldnt be so expensive for the company to include at the time of phone purchase.

20. Nishit_K
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Nishit_K , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , May 19, 2020 :
    A Feedback!

Thats a Great Initiative taken by Oneplus rather than OEMs...

Ps : Just wanted to let you know that the silicon case provided with the Oneplus Wireless Bullets 2 should have been a bit more taller because the wires at the end kinda bend and also a bit more wider would be appreciated for future products so the earphones itself can fit without any bulk at the middle!

Feel like the earphones kinda suffocate in there! [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]