AMA: Accessory & Gear Team

1. sathish007ece
    Froyo May 19, 2020

sathish007ece , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi
    @Christine L. Kindly Bring back Bumper case with absolute Edge protection Like Rhino shield. Because Display replacement became costlier affair. Also Shock proof and Scratch proof 3D Tempered glass

2. sathish007ece
    Froyo May 19, 2020

@Leo Lei

Hi Leo

Greetings of the day

OrderedBOrdered . It's value for money product
    But what stopped you to add Aptx HD or LDAC.
    Hope you can bring ACN,Aptx HD or LDAC and Good Chip in future BW.

3. Nelsonjayaraj14
    Froyo May 19, 2020

Nelsonjayaraj14 , via OnePlus 5 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello Team, first of all would like to thank you for making awesome accessories, I would like to know is there any chance of creating true wireless earbuds. please make one am eagerly waiting for the product

4. sathish007ece
    Froyo May 19, 2020

@Donna L.

Hi Donna

So far I didn't used 1+ Bags Because of price in india.
    Hope you bring some Multipurpose Business casual bag packs with Good pricing like latest 1+8 series pricing.
    For india Dust, Moisture and Rain are common.
    Outside shell have to sustain those climate without dirt.
    Extra space for 2-5 sets of dress + Shoes alsomg with 17" Laptop/Tab13" /Electronic accessories/Organizers.

5. BhavyaMehta0786
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

BhavyaMehta0786 , via OnePlus 6 , May 19, 2020 :
    My question for @Christine L. is, how did (or your team) come up with the textures/design of the Karbon, Nylon, Sandstone and the iconic red silicone case, what was your inspiration? Did you go around like touching different surfaces and textures and thought that yeah that would look and feel great on an OP device or was it something else?

6. K1589115745896smess
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

K1589115745896smess , May 19, 2020 :
    Buenos dias , mi pregunta es porque se ha decidido eliminar de los dispositivos la entrada o conexion jak de audio que seria mas accesible de adquirir que un dispositivo bluethooth o un usb c?

7. Chirag@06
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Chirag@06 , via OnePlus 7 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello Everyone! Hope you guys are doing well. My question is for @Leo Lei.
    I feel that for any wearable audio accessory ,two of the most important aspects are comfort and usability. What I notice in the Bullets Wireless Z ,and some other wireless earphones,is the weird placement of the mic module.
    Since this module is present only on the left side ,this leads to improper weight management throughout the earphones. Being a fitness enthusiast and always taking my earphones to the gym,I always faced this isssue with my BW2. The earphones would just never stay in place . Don't you think this aspect must be considered while designing such earphones?
    And would this be taken care of by any upcoming TWS earphones? ([e]1f609[/e][e]1f609[/e])

Thanks [e]2764[/e]️

8. fragargon
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

fragargon , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi Everyone,

My question goes to @Christine L.
    Talking about cases and more precisely OP8pro cases, there is a small range of protective case for OP8pro.
    Reading the net, review and other blogs from smartphone users, it comes up to my mind that there are many which design their own smartphone case.
    So here is my question about smartphone case: Do you think in a near future, it would be possible to buy basic smartphone cases to design our own case base upon our liking. Cases that would be ready to be design with paint etc...
    By the way, as there isn't case OP8pro design by A., I design one my shelf, this can be view HERE.

Thank you for your attention,

Fragargon

9. TJ183
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

TJ183 , May 19, 2020 :

Hi @Leo Lei

Thanks for these amazing pair of earbuds that support aptX and USB-C charging...there are rumors of truely wireless earbuds / OnePlus pods being available in July - what can we expect - features and price ??

10. pavandwarakanath
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

pavandwarakanath , via OnePlus 5 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello to everyone at OnePlus. I hope you are safe and well.

@Christine L. Why is there a delay in launching the official screen protectors for the OnePlus products? The 3rd party screen protector are not good enough. Found it really tough to find a suitable screen protector for the OnePlus 7 Pro.

@Leo Lei I'm planning to purchase upgrade my OnePlus Bullets 1 with the Bullets Z. My only problem is the button cover. It fell apart on my bullets 1 on its own. I think it's a material issue since it has expanded. Is this quality issue addressed in the Bullets Z?

Also if the ear tips are sold separately, it will be a boon when one of them goes missing.

Looking forward to a Truely Wireless Earphones from OnePlus.
    1589878339715.jpg

11. SaiyanGoku
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

SaiyanGoku , May 19, 2020 :
    @Christine L. when can we expect a 2-in-1 USB-c to USB-c pass through and 3.5mm jack combo dongle/attachment from Oneplus? I can't find good 3rd party ones, all wireless options are stupid and overpriced when current wired earphones work fine.

12. inferno0230
    Donut May 19, 2020

13. Sarcasnic
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Sarcasnic , May 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Leo Lei

My favourite colour amongst the BWZ lineup is also the Oat. It's very refined and understated. I just love it.

My question is:
    How many colour options did you guys go through before zeroing in on the Oat?

I'm assuming that black, blue must have been on your slates from the very beginning. Mint must have been shortlisted once the glacial green of the OnePlus8 series was decided.

14. Chirag@06
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Chirag@06 , via OnePlus 7 , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello everyone! My question is for @Christine L.

The OnePlus 7 series were a huge hit in India. The OnePlus 7 being the more affordable version was especially very popular. However for the OnePlus 7 there was very less availability of Official Protective cases in terms of designs as well as stock.

Is the OnePlus 7 not being sold in a large number of countries , a major reason for less focus on accessories for it?

Also, with very subtle changes in the design of 6t and the 7,the cases are not entirely compatible amongst each other.

Can we expect more accesories for them in the near future?

Thanks [e]2764[/e]️

15. G_Sidharth_Hegde_EpID
    Donut May 19, 2020

G_Sidharth_Hegde_EpID , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Li My question for you is...since childhood I have learnt in schools and by my parents that headphones contain magnet in it and if touched together it may lead to the damage of the earphone. How did you make it possible in the One Plus Bullets? The two sticking magnets which when not in use can be joined together. Also will there be any future additions to the Bullets like (Tap to receive call, double tap to change music without accessing the phone) like such. Thank you in advance if you answer my question

16. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb May 19, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , May 19, 2020 :
    THANK YOU FOR GIVING US A TRUE VALUE ONEPLUS BULLETS WIRELESS Z.

My question to @Leo Lei :

If you get a chance to modify OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z specification, what will you modify or add on BWZ? Which things really you want to add in BWZ but you can't added in it because of cost cutting?

17. dannytheboy24
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

dannytheboy24 , May 19, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei

What was the initial inspiration behind the design of the shape of the BWZ speakers, was there any particular inspiration behind the "curvy" shapes?

18. Isaac_lewis
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

Isaac_lewis , May 19, 2020 :
    Hi everyone! My question is: how did you know OnePlus was going to succeed when starting out?

19. I1589883028783
    Cupcake May 19, 2020