AMA - OnePlus Nord x OnePlus Buds

1. itswafi_rashid
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

2. W1576950884715
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

3. ikzzz
    Eclair Jul 22, 2020

ikzzz , Jul 22, 2020 :
    The closest thing to a diamond is the OnePlus Nord and I was happy to see @Carl actually comparing it to a diamond during the AR launch, see image below. I had also posted something similar to this on OnePlus Nord instagram page 2 days ago and I was happy and pleased to see that my thinking resonated with the OnePlus team who built this amazing device.

@Carl @Andy Liu. @Shawn L. Who is handling the social media handles of Oneplus Nord, they're super active and were very engaged ever since the page came up on instagram?

Attached Files:

4. S1595346029198
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

5. L1595420977677
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

6. itswafi_rashid
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

7. Itsrohitthms
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

Itsrohitthms , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Hey @Carl, Greetings from a Oneplus Admirer. Curious to know about certain things on your new product lineup. In my frank opinion I've expected the 6GB version of Nord to come with a 128 gb internal memory with little less price tag between 22k and 24k in India, which was disappointing. Considering India as the price sensitive market you should have gone for that. But I'm impressed with the price of Oneplus buds which is very reasonable for those impressive features.

1. Why didn't you go for a 128GB storage for the 6GB version in India, as it'll not be enough for most users, since your products doesn't come with expandable storage option ? Also why it is late by a month? Why there is only one colour option for the 6GB variant which is not the Nord blue? @Carl

2. Do 765G capable of playing pubg on the highest available graphics? As far I know Nord doesn't support HDR settings, even though phones with similiar processor, like Vivo X50 pro and others offer that. Can you guys fix it with an update? Is Nord Widevine DRM L1 Certified? Does it support HD streaming in OTT platforms? @Carl

3. Is the frame between the glass sandwich design mettallic or plastic? Definitely I love the signature nord blue colour. Why didn't you guys go for the same colour charging cable for the Nord series? And why did you finalise this design even though it looks like most of the realme phones out there? Why there are only 2 colour options? @Carl

4. No complaints on not choosing stereo speakers. But could you do that by saving cost cutting those macro and depth sensors? Anyways, do Nord support Dolby Audio? Which are the supported audio codec in Nord?@Carl

5. Why did chose to add macro and depth sensors, since you can do depth effect using software and macro mode can be done using the same wide angle Lens which you guys did impressively in the oneplus 7T? Could you go for a better quality wide angle lens, saving cost by cutting those macro and depth sensors? Why Nord's front camera allows to record video upto 4K at 60fps while the rear camera is limited to 30fps? Is that hardware limited?@Carl

6. In the case of Oneplus buds, why did you chose the hard plastic design instead of going for a silicon ear tip design ? Why not considering a pro variant with a more comfortable design?@Christine L.

7.Do Oneplus Buds support LDAC Codec and Is it having active noice cancellation? @Christine L.

8. Watched on a review that there are not many options in the touch control of Oneplus buds. What is your opinion on that and how will you guys fix it? @Christine L.
    @Shawn L. @Andy Liu. @Tom bie

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

8. sumitaatrish27
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

sumitaatrish27 , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    @Carl @Shawn L. @Andy Liu Hi ,ONP team , i am really thankful to you firstly for launching Nord , my 1st OP WAS OPX and i loved that one , thanks for thinking again about budget customers . Q :Do you plan to introduce touch sensing and noise cancellation on Buds in coming release ?

9. Y1595421193357
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

Y1595421193357 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    How did OP team manage to create such a VFM product at a lower price than OP8, while retaining most of the features?

10. TOXICRUSH
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

11. L1595420977677
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

12. Sumighty
    Eclair Jul 22, 2020

Sumighty , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Hello, the question is for @Shawn L.
    How does OnePlus think of competing with the other smartphones in the price range, not in terms of specifications and build quality, but in terms of longevity of the NORD brand and the future devices? Will the series of NORD devices in this budget segment continue to exist?

13. the_clocking
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

14. DheerajGuturu123
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

15. Juggernauts
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

16. palr16
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

palr16 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Why are the OnePlus buds so expensive....

17. Krutika Poddar
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

Krutika Poddar , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Hi @Christine L.!
    All of us know that radiations are carcinogenic in the long run and having them so close to your brain may be a concern. This is one reason why people may prefer to use wired earphones instead of wireless ones. I wanted to know how OnePlus is trying to ensure safety with the OnePlus buds in this respect. Thanks!:)

18. Chiraag Shetty
    Eclair Jul 22, 2020

19. Abhisekpandey4700
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

Abhisekpandey4700 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    @Shawn L.
    @Carl

Hi Shawn and Carl,

You and entire team really have set a bar too high for the upcoming events that One Plus will be hosting. Really appreciate the Innovative AR launch for the much awaited One Plus Nord.

I would like to ask you guys about your future plans for One Plus Nord. Will it be the only phone of the series or you guys have plans for the launch of other phones as a part of the series..😉

20. MesToz
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

MesToz , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Hi @Christine L.. As I managed to the be the proud 15th OnePlus Nord during the first round of 100 people. Can I please get OnePlus Marble Buds like my Nord? As the Oneplus buds are available as of 27th of July and my package will be send around that date to. Would be great to receive it in my package, if needed I can pay up front. @ChristineL., @Carl..