AMA - OnePlus Nord x OnePlus Buds

1. akshith99
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

akshith99 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    1) which nature aspect influenced you for the design of OnePlus nord and OnePlus buds?
    2)does the buds support customized touch control option?
    3) Does upcoming models of buds come with rubber ear tips?

"I'm soo excited to experience the phone and buds and suggest my friends"
    I wish I would win the buds as my birthday gift from OnePlus " fingers crossed":cool::p:D

1. @Andy Liu.
      @Christine L.
      @Steven G.
      @Tom B.

2. akshith99
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

1) which nature aspect influenced you for the design of OnePlus nord and OnePlus buds?

I wish I would win the buds as my birthday gift from OnePlus " fingers crossed":cool::p:D

1. @Andy Liu.
    2. @Christine L.
      @Steven G.
      @Tom B.
    3. @Fleming F.

3. ChoosyMoron
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

ChoosyMoron , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Hi Team,
    First of all congratulation on the amazing AR launch of the Oneplus Nord/Buds. I was super excited to see a mid-range coming from OnePlus in times like these and this sure looks like it's going to sell like pancakes in the market.

Coming to my Question.
    I have this one going to the design team @Hope L. and also @Carl

If I'm not wrong Nord as a product is more like a successor to the OnePlus X, though OnePlus doesn't believe that, that's exactly what's being perceived as far as I can read the articles. I loved the OnePlus X for the form factor as it was the real compact deal (I'm a sucker for compact phones) as compared to the phone that was being served at that time by OnePlus.

I'm not going to ask you Why the decision for a bigger screen but I really want to know What's stopping you from making a really good compact phone with all the great features that OnePlus is willing to provide in a mid-range phone especially when you see rivals like Apple & Samsung making phones like the iPhone SE2 or the Samsung Galaxy S10E.

Thanks for hearing me out if this gets picked up as a question :)
    Peace.

4. TachyonQuanta
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

TachyonQuanta , Jul 23, 2020 :
    @Christine L Some reviewers claim OnePlus Buds doesn't stay in ears and which lacks passive noise cancellation, Also doesn't come with ANC. So, does this affects the overall experience? Will there be an update for enabling gesture controls such as single tap and triple tap configurations?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

5. DeadLiner
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

6. KathanK
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

7. Andrews M
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Andrews M , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Hi @Carl,

I am a proud Oneplus user for the past 3 years. Oneplus 5 is my 1st phone and i proudly say that i haven't used any other phones more than a year.

I have purchased it for around 30k. And from then there was a significant increase in price due to the upgrade in technology.

Now you guys are back with a bang with the perfect price !! My question is "Particularly whose idea was it? "
    To hit the market with the perfect price at the greater tech. .!!

With [e]1f497[/e]
    Andrews.

8. arunmounic
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

9. Manvith
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

10. akshith99
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

1. @Andy Liu.
      @Christine L.
      @Steven G.
      @Tom B.
    2. @Fleming F.

11. hkmadathil
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

hkmadathil , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Hi @Shawn L.,

Is it possible to design and sell an authentic USB C to 3.5mm connector by OnePlus? Some of the users like me is having wired earphones and buying wireless earphones may not be budget friendly.

12. regoclint
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

regoclint , Jul 23, 2020 :
    @Shawn L. The OnePlus Nord has everything a budget phone needs except the headphone jack 😕. So does it support wired USB C headphones? Does it come in the box?
    There's always the battery issue with Bluetooth headphones. They drain the bud's and the phones battery and no matter how good the charging tech u still have to worry about charging them.

Ajaykurrey2453 likes this.
  13. Stavan_Desai
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Stavan_Desai , Jul 23, 2020 :
    hey guys... great launch!

@Shawn.L Why not use a last generation flagship SoC (like 855 or 855+) for the Nord??

14. Adriel Syiemlieh
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020