AMA - OnePlus Nord x OnePlus Buds

1. _.13._Sahil
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

_.13._Sahil , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Why oneplus nord is not having a storage of ufs3.0 or ufs 3.1 but having a storage of ufs2.1. I wanna know please let me know???????

2. Tiphlo likes this.
  3. F1595401018454
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

F1595401018454 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    i love it

@Carl congratulation....
    Question: may be in future led display tv or smartphones in 1+

4. Dhananjay0727
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Dhananjay0727 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    @Christine.L my question is related to oneplus buds.
    These buds only have double tap options, can they have more features like single tap or more from software updates in future?.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

5. JfromtheBay
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

JfromtheBay , Jul 23, 2020 :
    @Carl

Will we see in future releases 3 different types of phones at different price points? Can we expect this to be the norm? I mean "Please can we expect this to be the norm?" I only ask bc I'm a oneplus fanboy that doesn't need top of the line but wants to stay loyal to oneplus. Also thank you very much for the preloaded Google text and additional software, can all future phones have that as well? TIA

6. ars03
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2020

ars03 , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    @Shawn L. and @Andy Liu.
    Never have I won any such lucky draw contests or giveaways from the OnePlus ... But will have to keep trying or else I stand no chance to win one..

My question for you is..

Q1) Why wasn't the telephoto lens included on the OnePlus nord?

@Christine L. For you

Q2) How did you arrive at the shape and size design for the OnePlus Buds and it's charging case ?
    ( The look is just so elegant )

Q3) Was the colour combination Nord Blue Buds specifically designed to twin with the Marble Blue OnePlus Nord?

7. Lumpumps4
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Lumpumps4 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jul 23, 2020 :
    From what ive heard the oneplus nord is plastic and glass were there ever any plans on making it of aluminium or any other material instead? And why did you decide to move THE camera module to the side instead of the center like the OP 8 has it?

@Andy Liu.
    @Carl

8. Francesco1979
    Froyo Jul 23, 2020

9. MetaRidley2
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

10. Tiphlo likes this.
  11. mayekar_parag
    Donut Jul 23, 2020

mayekar_parag , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Question to @Shawn L. @Andy Liu.
    Why there is no support of Wireless Charging for Nord?

Question to @Christine L.
    What is the maximum devices it could connect at a time? Can OnePlus Buds or future audio device could have feature of connecting 2 devices at a time. So we won't need to keep switching.

Question to @Steven G.
    How would you maintain the production? As in there were delays in OnePlus Pro will that be happening in Nord too?

Question to @Tom B.
    How would the OnePlus Pop up differ during this CoVID times especially in India?

Tiphlo likes this.
  12. Chakrinitin
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

13. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 23, 2020

AlienEye , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    It has a gesture control feature.
    If you own a Oneplus 6 above device you can customise those gesture or else you can use only double tap to play next song feature.
    Although taking single bud out of ear pauses the audio.
    Hold 3s to switch between to connected devices.
    Hold 5s to reject a incoming call

14. AlienEye

Unfortunately to cut cost of the device they have reduced some features. USB 2.1 is one of those features.
    We cannot get everything for lower price[e]1f614[/e]

15. AlienEye

There is no active noise cancellation feature in Oneplus Buds it has an environmental noise cancellation and you cannot turn it off.

16. AlienEye

1. They have replaced it with Google's messages and contacts because if they have to do it for nord they must customise it according to nord specifications which may take time. As Google's is a standard one they've opted for it.
    2. Nord surely is a separate series or lineup of smartphones in Oneplus brand

17. AlienEye

OnePlus manged to drop the price by reducing features.
    And no Oneplus Nord have any ads like MIUI

Tiphlo likes this.
  18. arshadunais
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

arshadunais , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Hi Oneplus Team My question is for @Steven G.
    Recent Nord device is another fantastic outcome of Oneplus for mid range users. We all know that Oneplus always focuses on their users and fans that is the reason behind this compact NORD device as well. My question is as a global marketing manager, how will you uplift oneplus 8 flagship devices? reason is surely NORD will be massive successful device globally. because of that most of the users will shift to this devices. Ultimately it will be impact on your flagship devices as far as I concern. Yes we all know that Oneplus always give priority to benefits of users. but I feel this will this be impact on your flagship sales. what will be your strategies to make consistent sales for both devices?
    Thanks and have a successful Year :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

19. Shivam M. , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Hlo oneplus community,

And the concerned members @Carl @Shawn L. @Andy Liu. @Christine L. @Steven G. @Tom B.

I would like to ask you about the CODECS oneplus buds supports? I would love to know that will oneplus buds only compatible with oneplus devices or other devices too? If yes, will oneplus buds provide the same experience of listening as these will provide with oneplus mobiles and gadgets. No doubt, i own a oneplus phone. But still i'm eager to know.

Thankyou!

Tiphlo likes this.