AMA - OnePlus Nord x OnePlus Buds

1. zaaloul
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

zaaloul , Jul 23, 2020 :
    @Shawn L.
    @Christine L.
    @Steven G.
    could one of you answer the 2 simple questions plz I am intrigued 😂
    1-what is the secret of having a 4k 60fps video on the front camera with a midrange chip Snapdragon 765G and not have it on the rear one ? that's magnificent on this segment by the way even some flagships don't have it this is a deal breaker for vloggers
    2-And do you think that Nord will maintain the stunning performance overtime with this chip ?

2. IiroP.
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 23, 2020

3. ars03
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2020

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

4. akshith99
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

akshith99 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    1) which nature aspect influenced you for the design of OnePlus nord and OnePlus buds?
    2)does the buds support customized touch control option?
    3) Does upcoming models of buds come with rubber ear tips?

"I'm soo excited to experience the phone and buds and suggest my friends"
    I wish I would win the buds as my birthday gift from OnePlus " fingers crossed":cool::p:D

1. @Andy Liu.
      @Christine L.
      @Steven G.
      @Tom B.

sandi_developer likes this.
  5. akshith99
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

akshith99 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    1) which nature aspect influenced you for the design of OnePlus nord and OnePlus buds?
    2)does the buds support customized touch control option?
    3) Does upcoming models of buds come with rubber ear tips?

"I'm soo excited to experience the phone and buds and suggest my friends"
    I wish I would win the buds as my birthday gift from OnePlus " fingers crossed":cool::p:D

1. @Andy Liu.
      @Christine L.
      @Steven G.
      @Tom B.

6. sandi_developer
    Froyo Jul 23, 2020

sandi_developer , Jul 23, 2020 :
    My Question:
    Is this NORD a series? If “yes” then, will there be other smartphones coming in near future? What will be the design of the next flagship?
    The main question is: I like to do design for smartphones and wanna add some unique features... is there any way from your side to do so (you can give a chance maybe you will like it, who knows?) ? Please if possible just help me to help you (I wanna join OnePlus product design team for some months to help you and show you my love)
    Thanks and looking for your replies.

@Carl
    @Shawn L. – Head of Product for OnePlus Nord
    @Andy Liu. – OnePlus Nord Product Manager
    @Christine L. – OnePlus Buds Product Manager
    @Steven G. – Head of Global Sales & Operations for OnePlus Nord
    @Tom B. – from Customer Service team

7. Shawn L.
    Head of Product for Nord Staff Member Jul 23, 2020

8. ankitg345
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

ankitg345 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Question: can the OnePlus buds be simultaneously connected with my phone and OnePlus tv so while watching TV if I get a call I can easily switch while pausing my tv and switch back later after call to play the tv?

9. RahulSng08
    Froyo Jul 23, 2020

10. ankitg345
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

ankitg345 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 23, 2020 :
    OnePlus has created a IoT environment basically with TV phone and Buds all enabled to be wirelessly connected. Can we expect a seamless software integration of all the products with use of gesture control or voice assistance?

11. C1575716025628
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

C1575716025628 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    #OnePlusARlaunch
    #OnePlusNord
    #Never_Settle

We are curious about the noise filtering on the buds, Is it only for calls like the system implemented back in the One or does it offer active noise cancellation? Also, is the product covers IP rating? What is the secret of having a 4k 60fps video on the front camera with a midrange chip Snapdragon 765G and not have it on the rear one? that's magnificent on this segment by the way even some flagships don't have it this is a deal-breaker for vloggers. And do you think that Nord will maintain the stunning performance overtime with this Snapdragon 765G chip?
    @Shawn L.
    @Christine L.
    @Steven G.

zaaloul likes this.
  12. zaaloul
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

zaaloul , Jul 23, 2020 :
    I liked that you know 😑😂😂

13. Adikal
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Adikal , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Was it really fun to make Nord series? keeping it mid range and improving its screen resolution helping in gaming experience for me as mobile gamer. @Carl

14. Starkissed
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Starkissed , Jul 23, 2020 :
    I have been following up with oneplus nord from the time it was rumoured to have a punch hole display and tri camera setup till the time it was launched in one of a kind AR launch. i have completed every giveaway that i got to know about oneplus nord from launch invites to unbox therapy ( i guess that was the last giveaway done in collaboration with oneplus ) so when are all the assured gifts and giveaways be announced ??
    Fingers closed like the world while lockdown due to corona :)

15. HaDeVe
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

16. Paul.bg
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

17. mona1977
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

18. Roll_Over_Beethoven
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

Roll_Over_Beethoven , Jul 23, 2020 :
    @Andy Liu. In terms of oxygen OS can we expect anything new that we haven't already seen in the onplus 7 and 8?

I'm still using my 6t until I can get my hands on the Nord and I'm more concerned about the customisation of the software?

My partner and I and also his parents all have the same phone and will likely have the same phone again once we get the Nord so im hoping there are some more customisation options that can help us work out whose phone is whose 😂

19. yashwant24
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2020

yashwant24 , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    No, you cannot increase or decrease volume using buds and there is no Qualcomm aptX in Buds

fxta.lor likes this.