AMA - OnePlus Nord x OnePlus Buds

1. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2020

palc , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I don't think they use machine learning. It's just simple noise filtering. Not everything has to use machine learning.

2. VineetBharadwaj
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

Shawn L. likes this.
  3. yashwant24
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

yashwant24 , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    1 second is 1000 milliseconds brother, I got confused too😅😅😅😅

Shawn L. likes this.
  4. P1595510057054
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

P1595510057054 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Oh lol, got it wrong there, sorry

5. Steven G.
    Head of Global Sales & Operations for OnePlus Nord Staff Member Jul 24, 2020

Stickied Post
    Steven G. , Jul 24, 2020 :
    We are officially launching Malaysia - you can follow our Instagram account "oneplus.nord.my" to get the latest updates. We are implementing services centers to enhance the local service experience. Our OnePlus Malaysia team in Selangor will be taking care of everything in relation to Nord. Regarding Nord local business, Mi Han and Xian Feng are not our official distributors. Terima Kasih :)

6. Steven G.

Apa kabar? Indonesia is a dynamic market we are looking at. Due to local legal compliance we need to prepare for local production, and we need time to evaluate the feasibility of this. The good news is, we have already completed the evaluation and are currently considering entering the Indonesian market when the time is right. Stay tuned on our global official channels - we will let you know once D day comes!

Shawn L. and Batman360 like this.
  7. Steven G.

Stickied Post
    We are now manufacturing the OnePlus Nord in locally in India at full speed and doing our best to ensure our users can get the device as early as possible :) If you are able to shop on Amazon and delivery is supported in your area, then you can get your own Nord starting August 4.

8. Steven G.

Stickied Post
    Thanks for all the love and support for OnePlus :) Regarding the Trade-In program, the answer is YES. We just finished implementing it on our page and it's already live on oneplus.com - you can find the entrance on the bottom of the homepage.

9. Steven G.

Stickied Post

Our pre-order is a way for fans to hands on our new products at the earliest time possible. Due to geographic and transportation factors, many of our fans are unable to visit our experience stores, which is why we've taken our flash sales online this time around.

10. 97pratyush

11. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

fragargon , Jul 24, 2020 :

I recognize @Carl and @Andy Liu. That's all 😃

Batman360 likes this.
  12. ars03
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

13. Parth974
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

14. sam311

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 24, 2020 :
    @Andy Liu. (Right hand side 1 person Green Tshirt)I guess he is the Product Manager ( I saw him in the episodes of New Beginnings)

SO yes hope it is correct

Andy Liu. and Amanda W. like this.
  15. VaibsTS
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

VaibsTS , Jul 24, 2020 :
    MY # N E W B E G I N N I N G S with Your #NewBeginnings
    Your #NewBeginnings resonates with me bcoz this would indeed be my #NewBeginnings with OnePlus :)

Congrats on the launch, thanks for bringing a sturdy and solid overall package, looking forward to being NORDy soon :)

My QUESTION to @Carl and @Shawn L. is following:

Is it true that internally NORD project was indeed referred to as 'Avicii' and if it was indeed so, then, what inspired the team to choose that name and what is the mystery behind 'Lite' and 'Z' things?

Wishing you guys much success ahead :)

Cheers,
    Vaibs

16. muffin.man
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

muffin.man , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Why did you decide to introduce a new (NORD) lineup in the OnePlus family instead of making a cheaper version of the OnePlus 8 (or future) lineup? Wouldn't it be more cost-effective in terms of marketing? Also, as a company, what are your end goals?
    @Carl
    @Shawn L.
    @Andy Liu.
    @Steven G.

17. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 24, 2020 :
    This was what I really wanted to know, how do they answer in AMA. Is there a team who checks the forum one by one or it's some random checks. My this question is answered by you @Fleming F.

Andy Liu. likes this.
  18. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Thankyou so much for answering 😊
    But don't you think in this way, the people who really want to order don't get to have the invites as random people starts hoarding the invites and selling them to the users who are really want them? I have seen many people in the forums/other websites selling/exchanging the invites and this is really sad to see. 🙄 There are many drawbacks too

Starcommander, Dresa91 and fragargon like this.
  19. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I see Shawn, Andy, Steven and a Bee 😜😜

Shawn L., Andy Liu., suhantm and 2 others like this.