AMA - OnePlus Nord x OnePlus Buds

1. T1595250958029
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

T1595250958029 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Question for @Shawn L. and @Andy Liu

What is the trade-off that we as a customer will have to do, for such a great spec phone in such a competitively less price?
    Just wondering this because everything seems to be too perfect for such a great price range phone.

2. F_Ηλίας_Καρύδ
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

3. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 22, 2020

AlienEye , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Relations with McLaren are broken.
    They are not in contract with each other anymore

4. Y1595400883064
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

Y1595400883064 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    @Carl what's the reason behind not putting a head phone Jack in a mid-range phone as it is not water resistant and many people's are arguing about the cameras as it was to give u a flagship experience but it is just not gives u a flagship cameras as it should be. It's great but not that amazing. Please answer!!

5. HarryHameed
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

6. renjithgeorge
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2020

7. Advait26ik
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

Advait26ik , Jul 22, 2020 :
    @Carl Any specific reason for having an odd number 4115 mAh battery. No doubt, the battery is great. But does 4115 have any connection to your legacy ? :) I doubt so :)

8. Supremacy 98
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

Supremacy 98 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Why doesn't the OnePlus buds have eartips like essentially every other OnePlus earpiece? Was it to save costs? I'm curious how it'll affect the sound quality. Also, why isn't there more gestures for the buds? I saw James's review on it on Short Circuit and he complained about the lack of gestures, as well as the design of the buds. Would more gestures be added in a software update for the buds?

About the design, the case looks like the Pixel Buds cases and the earpiece themselves look like airpods, except for the ends which are like the magnetic ends on the bullets wireless which can attract each other, which I don't think are magnetic on the OnePlus buds, but they don't have to so it's fine. Was the design intentionally meant to be similar to other manufacturers' earpieces? Or did you guys come to the conclusion that this was the best design.

One thing I must commend though, is the microphone quality. I heard James test the mic in his video and it sounded pretty great. It's nice to see manufacturers starting to care about mic quality in their earbuds, considering many use them for conference calls, especially during this period where everyone is locked at home.

I'm not sure how the sound quality is, but James mentioned that it's not very bassy, which is odd considering my OnePlus bullets Type-C has quite a lot of bass. Actually, comparing the two, the bullets Type-C is basically the total opposite of the OnePlus buds. The buds having a brighter sound, being wireless and a good mic, while the bullets Type-C has quite a bit of bass, is wired and the mic isn't the best.

What I would like to see in the future OnePlus buds, if you're gonna make a second generation version, is earbuds similar to those on your other earpieces, which cushions and sit snuggly in your ear and isolate noise passively. I would also hope for more gestures like a single tap, triple tap, swipe (left, right, up or down) etc. I would also like the buds to have a more unique design that stands out, but also remain ergonomic. If the sound quality could be improved further ie. more bass, that would be really great. I've not had the chance to hear the buds, however I would expect no less than above average sound quality :D I have high expectations of OnePlus. Keep up the good work, looking forward to a second generation OnePlus buds next year!! I realised this comment isn't really asking many questions but more of a "how to improve the buds". I'm not sure how I would get my hands on it, I'll just have to find a way

9. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 22, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Noooooo I want that swell bottle 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

10. P1595346534059
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

P1595346534059 , Jul 22, 2020 :

11. Freddo_Addle
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2020

12. amn_918
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020

13. sunil0022
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

sunil0022 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Can we purchase OnePlus Nord without any invite? Is it an open sale on Amazon? Will the stock lasts.Please let us know if it will be available for offline purchase through one plus store. Don't wanna wait longer for OnePlus Nord it looks really cool and amazing. @Steven G.

14. Jouke Feddema
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

15. PranavShende
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

PranavShende , Jul 22, 2020 :
    @Carl Plz Can you make a budget Bluetooth earphoes at pretty great price
    OR
    USB C to 3.5mm Cable .
    @Carl I have one question Where to buy Screen Guard for Oneplus Nord bcoz no shops are open during lockdown and in shops there are no latest screen guard available.

16. G_mustansir_rampurawala_ , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Does OnePlus buds have the quick paring like other OnePlus earphones and do both of the earpiece can be operated individual while other is in the case for calls ? Or only right one is dedicated for calling and you can't use the left one individually .

G1595401042340 likes this.