AMA - OnePlus Support Dec Edition [Winners Announced]

1. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Nov 30, 2020

Tom B. , Nov 30, 2020 :
    CS Dec AMA 2.png

Friends,

As this year is coming to an end, we wanted to take a moment to look back at some of the important OnePlus Support progress with our community. Your support and feedback have always guided us in the right direction to better understand the user requirements and improve after-sales services, and we hope you'll find these improvements useful.

Extended services during COVID-19:
    2020 Updates:

Europe & North America:
    • Loaner phone service - North America
    • OnePlus Day Finland - Exclusive monthly aftersales benefits - Europe
    • Launched Warranty Exchange Service alongside OnePlus 8 - North America
    • Repair service for non-US models - North America
    India:

OnePlus Support OEF commitments

Let's hear it from you! Please tell us how you find these improvements and what we can do further to take OnePlus Support to the next level in 2021. To listen and answer some of your tough questions, I've invited the regional support key members once again:

Rules
    Starting today, we'll be collecting questions for the AMA on this thread! Our guests will start answering your questions on Dec 4th. Because of the limited time, they will be only answering no more than 30 questions in total. We appreciate your understanding, so make sure you ask a great and interesting question!
    • Please keep your questions/suggestions/feedback relevant to OnePlus Support (Support services, contact center, and repairs)
    • Leave your questions and tag the guests you want to get an answer from
    • We will select 5 lucky users and give away OnePlus Bottle
    • Questions will be considered on a rolling basis until the end of the AMA. We suggest getting yours in sooner rather than later.
    • Standard terms and conditions applied

Guest List
    @Arun. S - Contact Center Manager, North America.
    @Lubna S. - Contact Center Manager, India.
    @Lenny T. - Repair Service and Operations Manager, North America.
    @Rain Y. - Global Contact Center Assistant Manager
    @Sami L. - Repair Service and Operations Manager, Europe.
    @Ramakrishna K. - After-sales and Operations Manager, India
    @Monica Z. - Head of Global Contact Centers

Last but not least, thanks to our regional OnePlus Support teams and partners for making the after-sales better every year.

Next time we will invite the testing team for their first AMA. Stay tuned!

2. Monica Z.
    Global Contact Center Head Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Monica Z. , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Good day everyone! I am Monica, managing the global contact centers. I'm happy to meet you all again and looking forward to hearing your feedback on OnePlus Support. We'll continue the good things and improve on whatever we may need change. Thank you!

3. Ramakrishna K.
    Head of India Repair Service Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Ramakrishna K. , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Hello! I am Rama, currently managing the India customer service and responsible for the overall operations and support expansion for PAN India. Let me know your thoughts and experience of India repair service and how we can further bring value to our users.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020

4. Lenny T.
    Staff Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Lenny T. , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Hello everyone! I am Lenny, repair service manager for the North America region. It's my great pleasure to be a part of OnePlus Support AMA. Please free to share your service feedback, suggestions, and creative ideas that can help us serve you better.

5. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Hi Guys, I'm Rain, assistant manager for the global contact center. Happy to be here and interact with some new and old friends again. Your suggestions in the last AMA helped us a lot, and I believe with your continued meaningful suggestions/ideas, we will further improve the user experience.

6. Sami L.
    Head of Europe Repair service Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Hi Friends, I am Sami. Nice to meet you all again. I am responsible for overall Europe after-sales services. If you have any thoughts, suggestions, and feedback on how we can improve Europe's service, just bring it on! I'm happy to listen and improve our service in Europe.

7. Arun. S
    North America Contact Center Manager Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Hello, All!! I’m sure that you have taken good care of your health and of your loved ones too. I’m Arun, Contact Center Manager for North America. It was an incredible and prodigious experience to know you all in our last AMA. Thanks for sharing some overwhelming feedback and rightful suggestions, this has certainly caused some changes in the way we approach our customers and improve their experience. I’m here to listen to you again, So please shower all your thoughts, and I shall answer with the best of my ability. #NEVER SETTLE

8. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Dec 4, 2020 :

We have different teams to support different regions. Sometimes we will have a spike in volume, and it took more time to reach out the voice support. We learned to segregate huge volumes to other channels such as Chat and E-mail support for faster response under this scenario.

As you mentioned, we did have some challenges to manage the team under the pandemic. We spend a large portion of the time closely working with the front-end team and monitoring the support health. At the same time, we took immediate initiatives to ensure our employees' and customers' health and well-being. Most of our support advisors still work from home to deliver smooth customer service as best as possible for our users in all supported regions.

I am also working with the team to increase resources and implement newer technologies to enhance support in the coming months. Stay tuned and stay safe!

9. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    We partnered with a world-renowned security platform and launched an official bug bounty program to avoid such instances. As you mentioned, if a data breach issue was reported to OnePlus Support, we take it as our top priority and inform the security team immediately for further action.

For other critical cases, we follow an escalation process to analyze and resolve as early as possible, followed by a lesson learned mechanism to eliminate similar future instances.

10. Monica Z.
    Global Contact Center Head Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Monica Z. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    I've gone through these two posts and all the conversations. Indeed, if I were the two users, I would be very much frustrated too. We've learned that we have a long way to go to handle cross communications between departments better.
    We acknowledge this and are already planning to kick start a project to resolve specific challenges. We aim to get faster resolution from departments to expedite response and revert to users in less time.

11. Monica Z.

Stickied Post
    Fantastic! Thank you for the great feedback and motivating words. This will help us further push our limits and do our best to help users.

12. Monica Z.

Stickied Post
    That's a good question. Yes, we encountered challenges for coping with complex processes due to increased product lines and pandemic situations. However, thanks to each member at OnePlus Support and partners who helped overcame most of the issues by offering regional resource adjustments, extended warranty, extended return periods, etc. We remain committed to serve and provide continuity of after-sales services during these uncertain times.

I'm happy to know you are interested in learning more about spares. We are the same compared to most mobile phone brands, maintaining the spare parts for around four years. Additionally, OnePlus offers Buyback, Trade-in programs to upgrade to the latest flagship easily. We are always looking for ways to improve together with our community, and I welcome users like you to share your creative ideas.

13. Lubna S.
    India Contact Center Manager Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Dec 4, 2020 :

We certainly have a stringent screening process before we board any associates, they go through intense and skilled training with designed assessments for more than a month. OnePlus always endures in improvement. Our primary focus begins with ground staff. We continuously caliber their knowledge by hosting daily huddles and workshops on required expertise that are not timely bounded and spherical around the year.

14. Lubna S.

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Dec 4, 2020 :

We have aligned standard procedure to handle each query and designed different levels with authorities to take favorable decisions which satisfy users, but we also are aware that not all of it would be in the expected situation hence, we review and re-shape the basis of the procedure, the volume inquiries, and user survey scores.

manojsurya99 and asishgrwl like this.
  15. Lubna S.

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Dec 4, 2020 :

Feedback Acknowledged! Yes, we agree that we were going through this situation a few months ago but based on our consumers' continuous feedback, we have progressed the count of associates so that our users may not have to go through the same hassle.

We are closely monitoring and taking all possible measures to curb this, and to our greater extent, we have achieved success as well. Commitment towards call back not adhered to is alarming, we shall take this feedback seriously and follow through with it so that our users do not go through the same. If your issue is still not resolved, kindly share the details, and we shall hope to resolve your concern soon.

16. Ramakrishna K.
    Head of India Repair Service Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Ramakrishna K. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    We are currently catering doorstep repair services for the top 6 cities as the coverage area is short. But as you rightly said, better services are required for the smaller cities, and we are making sure to cover more regions for our users with each stage. At present, the pickup and drop services are available in over 15000 pin codes in India. Users can download the OnePlus Care app and choose to free pick and drop services: http://onepl.us/uE

17. Ramakrishna K.

Stickied Post
    Initially, we started the loaner services pilot program. However, it currently remains an on-demand service on a case-by-case basis due to certain limitations and challenges.

18. Ramakrishna K.

Stickied Post
    Hi! Currently, the Red Cable Club Day benefits are only available at OnePlus exclusive service centers 17th of every month. We are planning to roll out these special benefits to our Authorized partners from mid-2021. Stay tuned!

19. Ramakrishna K.

Stickied Post
    Hello! We continuously optimize the process to ensure the issue is resolved, and the device is delivered to you with minimum turnaround time. Also, it will be challenging to manage customized delivery with multiple logistic partners and available resources. However, it is a good suggestion, and I will keep it in mind for future improvements. Thank you!

20. Ramakrishna K.

Stickied Post

Hi! We identified this problem and launched the Partner Center Project at the beginning of 2020. With this project, we covered the top 100 cities in India, and to further enhance the user experience, we aim to cover the top 150 cities by the end of 2021. The Partner Center Project allows us to sign all the partners directly with OnePlus instead of regional partners. This includes doorstep pickup and drop service in over 15000 pin codes in India. Download the OnePlus Care app for more updates.

21. Arun. S
    North America Contact Center Manager Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Dec 4, 2020 :
    All our agents are well trained and equally equipped to assist our customers, and I'm happy that your issue was resolved. I Apologise that you had to reach out to us alternatively. Since all our support is at work from home currently, we encounter internet/tool latency issues that may have caused the disconnection or no response from our support. We are trying our best to ensure that we deliver uninterrupted and best experience to all our Customers.

asishgrwl likes this.
  22. Arun. S

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Dec 4, 2020 :
    I totally understand your concern and appreciate that you bought it to our notice. Amount quoted at the time of trade-in is an approximate amount, and there are various factors that our team looks into, such as age and condition of the device. However, the exact value is quoted only after inspection, and we also give an option to withdraw if the customers aren't happy with the quote. I shall certainly check on this to ensure the market standards are met. Thank You!

manojsurya99 and asishgrwl like this.
  23. Arun. S

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Thanks for bringing this up. We intend to deliver smoother, quicker, and uninterrupted services to our customers. We understand that there are some delays of late. We are currently working with our support staff to increase efficiency and provide faster resolution (reducing the resolution time). This is an ongoing activity as we strive to identify and improve on the errors identified. We shall be able to minimize the wait time.

asishgrwl and luigimario like this.
  24. Lenny T.
    Staff Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Lenny T. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Because we support various models, there's no guarantee the loaner will be the same. If you didn't know already, the OnePlus 8-Series qualifies for an advanced exchange, an enhanced version of the loaner program. This means if you need service on your 8, 8 Pro, or 8T, we will send you the same model device to keep. In turn, you will ship in the device that needs service. Your downtime will be minimal, because you will have a working device in your hands without waiting for a repair.

asishgrwl and luigimario like this.
  25. Lenny T.

Stickied Post
    Lenny T. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    We have been discussing this as it will undoubtedly put us in touch with our customers quicker. We will continue to gauge market demand to make the best decision.

asishgrwl and manojsurya99 like this.
  26. Lenny T.

Stickied Post
    Lenny T. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Having a more local presence is something we have been discussing as it will undoubtedly put us in touch with our customers quicker. We will continue to gauge market demand to make the best decision.

In the meantime, did you know the OnePlus 8-Series qualifies for an advance exchange program? This means that should you need service on your 8T, we will send you the same model device to keep. In turn, you will ship in the device that needs service. Your downtime will be minimal, because you will have a working device in your hands without waiting for a repair.

asishgrwl and Macguyver76 like this.
  27. Lenny T.

Stickied Post
    Lenny T. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Having a more local presence is something we have been discussing as it will undoubtedly put us in touch with our customers quicker. We will continue to gauge market demand to make the best decision.

In the meantime, did you know the OnePlus 8-Series qualifies for an advance exchange program? This means that should you need service on your 8T, we will send you the same model device to keep. In turn, you will ship in the device that needs service. Your downtime will be minimal, because you will have a working device in your hands without waiting for a repair.

28. Lenny T.

Stickied Post
    Lenny T. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    We really are grateful for your enthusiasm and appreciate the sentiments! We are coming up with ways to have more of an impact on our customers and fans. Brand awareness, marketing campaigns, and partnerships are all in play. Be on the lookout.

29. Sami L.
    Head of Europe Repair service Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    After the first replacement, if the problem persists, we will ask to send the device to check and reproduce it. If the problem can be resolved, we will fix it, If not, then we'll replace the product. After repair or replacement, we do a quality check to ensure the problem is not in place, and it works as it should.

asishgrwl likes this.
  30. Sami L.

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Hi Buddy! Thank you for your support. Glad to hear that you like it.

1) We currently have one OnePlus experience store in Finland. We will keep looking more into localizing the repair center to be closer to our user.

2) Sorry to hear that. I asked @Rain Y. and his team to follow up on the case with you. Let see what we can do.

asishgrwl and Luigi Martire like this.
  31. Sami L.

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Preventive measures have been implemented at all locations, including enhanced cleaning procedures, strict hygiene, sanitation requirements, protection clothes, and gloves in accordance with guidance from local government and public health authorities across the globe.

asishgrwl, Tom B. and Bittoo06 like this.
  32. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Dec 7, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tom B. , Dec 7, 2020 :
    Hello All,

A quick update on some of the most frequently asked questions on this thread:
    1. When will the winners be announced?
      On Dec 8, 10 AM HKT. We are answering a few more questions before we wrap-up.

2. Bug reports, feature requests, and suggestions.
      Please submit your hardware and software feedback and suggestions here (Follow the how-to guide carefully): http://onepl.us/uH

3. Pending support cases and follow-ups.
      We have asked the community support team to reach out to these users via direct message. If you haven't heard from the team yet, please tag me in your comment under this thread.

Thank you!

33. Ramakrishna K.
    Head of India Repair Service Staff Member Dec 7, 2020

Stickied Post
    Ramakrishna K. , Dec 7, 2020 :
    Yes, we received feedback regarding the same. Based on our market research and your feedback, we are setting up new processes and checkpoints to improve the repair speed, quality, and collect post-repair satisfaction feedback. Regarding the extended warranty, it is expected to be launched around mid of 2021. Stay tuned!

asishgrwl, cdnfarmer and Venky61 like this.
  34. Ramakrishna K.

Stickied Post
    Yes, we received the feedback and ensured all the service center teams are aware of the OnePlus Red Cable Club day and available benefits. Thanks to our users and the OnePlus community for your continued support.

35. Ramakrishna K.

Stickied Post
    Thank you! You can book the service appointment via the OnePlus care app. As @Sami L. mentioned earlier, preventive measures have been implemented at all locations in accordance with guidance from local government and public health authorities across the globe.

asishgrwl likes this.
  36. Sami L.
    Head of Europe Repair service Staff Member Dec 7, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Dec 7, 2020 :
    This year we have localized in Finland, Sweden, Norway. We will keep looking for more repair centers, depending on the needs in the market. Let me know where you are located, we will keep it in mind ;)

asishgrwl, SRD. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  37. Arun. S
    North America Contact Center Manager Staff Member Dec 7, 2020

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Dec 7, 2020 :
    Good question. Every one of us has learned a lot during the Pandemic. We took the time to understand the various opportunities to improve in terms of delivering a better customer experience, from extended warranty services to scaling up and handling large volumes during new product launches. In 2021, we aim to grow further and bring more value to our users via our products and services.

38. Lubna S.
    India Contact Center Manager Staff Member Dec 7, 2020

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Dec 7, 2020 :
    We have aligned standard procedure to handle each query and designed different levels with authorities to take favorable decisions which satisfy users, but we also are aware that not all of it would be in the expected situation hence, we review and re-shape the basis of the procedure, the volume inquiries, and user survey scores.

asishgrwl and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  39. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Dec 8, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tom B. , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Thanks, everyone for taking the time to share your questions. I hope the team has managed to answer most of the hot topics. Let me know if you find this OnePlus Support AMA useful by dropping me a line in the comment.

Alright, It’s time for the lucky winners!
    @DarshanMeniya
    @CarsonMount14
    @Luigi Martire
    @manojsurya99
    @HILBLE

Congratulations! Our team will reach out to you regarding the prize via DM. Thank you all again, stay safe, and have a fantastic 2021!

Happy Holidays! ;)

40. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Dec 8, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Hi there, If the spare part is available in the service center, they can definitely fix your device. For e.g., A battery is a universal spare part available across all OnePlus markets. However, it is challenging for some spare parts as they are region-specific, like the mainboard.

41. Lubna S.
    India Contact Center Manager Staff Member Dec 9, 2020

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Dec 9, 2020 :
    Appreciate your Feedback, Abid! Our staff is skilled in managing widely spoken languages such as Hindi & English on all our channels.

Currently, fabricating to Hindi chat support. We are hopeful that we should advance specific requirements in the near future, and rest assured that you won't be disappointed if you connect with us and seek support in the preferred language.

42. Lubna S.

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Dec 9, 2020 :

Well, that's a tricky one, and many thanks for the feedback! OnePlus adapts and partners with the best technology team, which can smoothen the user experience. It's a shared responsibility between teams to ensure the speed and quality of services to our end-users.

43. Lubna S.

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Dec 9, 2020 :

We understand that our end users' set expectation is high as we have traded in so well with our mobile services. Rest assured that we are trying to bring all that possible changes that can elevate our TV services like mobile services, beginning with repairs, wait-time, and so forth on improving our support channels' technical expertise.

44. Lubna S.

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Dec 9, 2020 :

Feedback Acknowledged! Based on our users' opinion, we are progressively advancing the staff members, and our wait time is certainly reduced compared to early lockdown tenure. However, our continuous focus to curb furthermore as we trust, the faster reach to our associate is the first step towards delivering a better experience.

S_K_J likes this.
  45. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Thanks for the AMA @Tom B. !
    @Lubna S. How were you guys able to cater the requests of customers even during the Lockdown in the country, via different support channels?
    @Rain Y. How did Call centres work during COVID lockdown, like did you call a fraction of the staff in shifts, and did you learn any new ways of reaching to the customers during this lockdown?
    @Ramakrishna K. I am really happy with the service provided by the OnePlus Care App. Just got a Q1 installed a few months ago.:) How has partnering with Servify helped you increase your Repair and after - sales service reach for the customers, like doorstep pickup, service request tracking, etc.?
    @Sami L. How are you able to give Additional Warranty services to all new phones via Red Cable Club. It benefits the customers like me a lot and we are really happy with this added benefit, but how are you able to manage the extra costs of the additional warranty for customer satisfaction?
    @Monica Z. I think that the live support agent chat option for customer care is really nice! If you already have the Live Chat option, why was there a need for Whatsapp support, is it because more people are accustomed to Whatsapp?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020

46. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Nov 30, 2020

camohan , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Hey Tom and Dignitary Guests, hope you are all doing well and safe.

My question is for @Ramakrishna K. More often than not I have heard users complaining that doorstep pickup is not available for a particular location and the nearest service centre is few hundreds of kilometres away from the user.

Currently, metropolitan cities are getting more coverage but smaller cities may be the real beneficiaries of this facility. Even if a two-tier or three-tier city has one service centre, India being a country with a big geographic area catering to the majority is difficult.

My question is how does the team decide which region, state requires a doorstep delivery and which should not.

Thank you in advance.

47. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018; Community Scholar 2020 Nov 30, 2020

the_o2 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Hi @Lubna S. & @Ramakrishna K.

So I had the Red Cable club extended 50% off battery on battery replacement for my OnePlus 5, even though there is OnePlus service center is in my city the OnePlus care app was showing no service center available in your location you have to choose pick up and drop option which I hadn't.
    Now my warranty period is over.

Just wanted to know why there is no transperancy in these things, when I called to the service center they have no idea what warranty I am taking about like they know nothing and the OnePlus customer care put my call on hold for more than 40 min, I give up.

Whether my comment gonna pick up or not wanted to say please please improve the customer support in non metro cities, you are not small company anymore.
    Top seller, top brands so please provide top after sell services as well, don't let our trust down.
    Thanks in advance.

48. OmarRolon
    Honeycomb Nov 30, 2020

SyedYaseenOP8, Tom B. and A.Woodbury like this.
  49. Rajnish_Dhull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2020

SyedYaseenOP8 and X1600343554800 like this.
  50. Hammad1234
    Donut Nov 30, 2020

Hammad1234 , Nov 30, 2020 :

SyedYaseenOP8 likes this.
  51. asishgrwl

asishgrwl , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Hello @Ramakrishna K. my question for you is when choosing pick-up & drop service for sending our device to the service center, although we are given an option to choose a particular day out of multiple days for getting the same picked up from our location, so, instead of sending it back to us as soon as the service is complete, why aren't we then given an option to choose whether we would like to get the same delivered to us on a weekend or any particular day after the service is complete?

52. Chirag_Gohil
    Honeycomb Nov 30, 2020

53. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2020

AnuragAnand15 likes this.
  55. Dhruv Kashyap

Dhruv Kashyap , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Thanks for bringing in the AMA @Tom B.
    I would like to ask @Lubna S. How many calls per day on an average are received for OnePlus support and how does an executive deals with the plethora of calls?
    @Ramakrishna K. How does OnePlus deals with the return and replacement of the devices? Basically, what happens to those device?
    Also, what are the criteria for the cities to be chosen for doorstep services and how does OnePlus plans to enhance the service to other cities in India?

56. Dhruv Kashyap

Dhruv Kashyap , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Also, @Ramakrishna K. does OnePlus plans to bring a service similar to Loaner Phone service to India? Have myself experienced a similar case when my 3T had an issue and I was given a temporary replacement by OnePlus while the issue was being managed with. Can it be extended to Doorstep service as well seeing the whole lockdown situation?

57. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 30, 2020

Starcommander , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Was thinking to create a long thread asking few questions but I will ask them here.
    @Lubna S. i want to ask how are issues apart from ecom, product are dealt by your team? Especially the ones, wherein a user complaints about data breach.
    @Ramakrishna K. In these covid situations, it is not feasible to travel 100km for repairing a phone. Also pick and drop service is not available. How does OnePlus tackles such issues. I can't go to service centre, neither can a technician visit my home nor can I avail pick and drop. What should I do?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020

Innerindia, abidbunny, S_K_J and 4 others like this.
  58. SRD.
    KitKat Nov 30, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 30, 2020 :
    @Lubna S. & @Ramakrishna K. ,
    Congratulations to the entire team for the newly inaugurated Nizam Palace , Hyderabad as an example of commitment of OnePlus In India.
    @Monica Z.
    My question for this AMA is :
    How does it impact when the no of product lines are in an increasing trend, ( The range of product is increasing )
    How do you cope of with increasing trend of customer complaints ?
    How emphasis is given to the models which are not manufactured now. ( For example OnePlus 8 series & 7T & 7T pro are under manufacturing , ) but Production of 6T, 3T is not there. How long the support in terms of spare availability can be ensured . If I am using an OnePlus 3T, Can I get basic spares like display screen , antennas etc. If yes till how many years ?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020

Y1603743008207 and Bittoo06 like this.
  59. Bittoo06

Bittoo06 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Greetings to all the Guests and thanks for the AMA @Tom B. Happy Festive season and hope you all are doing great.
    My questions are:
    @Arun. S - During this pandemic, what was the level of support which the OnePlus team was able to offer to its users as compared to non-pandemic days? How did you manage that?
    @Lubna S. - What precautionary measures did you take for complete sterilisation of the devices and accessories which came to you for repair during the pandemic?
    Lenny - We all know how much OnePlus sales have risen during this pandemic, especially the accessories. How did you manage the inventories of the spare parts and its transportation?
    @Rain Y. - What was the most challenging task for the team Staff of OnePlus in the past few months?
    @Sami L. - We all know how much OnePlus sales have risen during this pandemic, especially the accessories. How did you manage the inventories of the spare parts and its transportation? (The same question as that for India and North America, for help in my case study)
    @Ramakrishna K. - We all know how much OnePlus sales have risen during this pandemic, especially the accessories. How did you manage the inventories of the spare parts and its transportation?
    @Monica Z. - How did you manage the staff and the users at the same time in the lockdown? What were the most challenging aspects?

These were my questions. Thanks for the opportunity. Stay safe.

Y1603743008207 and SRD. like this.
  60. SRD.
    KitKat Nov 30, 2020

Hi @Monica Z.
    Hope you are doing well.
    My question for the AMA is :
    1. Can you Make a transparent system , like display of How many Complaints you have received in a particular month, How Many complaints are resolved , & How many are Pending ?
    By doing so, you can win trust of people. At the same time you can self access your own system of Customer Support, which'll be definitely helpful for users as well as your own team.
    Anyone Can answer.
    @Arun. S , @Lubna S. @Lenny T. @Rain Y. @Sami L. , @Ramakrishna K.

Bittoo06 likes this.
  61. SRD.
    KitKat Nov 30, 2020

@Arun. S , @Lubna S. @Lenny T. @Rain Y. @Sami L. , @Ramakrishna K. , @Monica Z.
    The product availability is one of the concern I have seen from many days, if a product is not available , it's not available for months. How do you mange availability of spares,
    How much emphasis is given for Spare manufacturing locally.
    Is there any plan to formulate a SOP on realtime process to track Spare availability against our complaint No / online availability of spare at the nearest customer support center ?

Bittoo06 likes this.
  62. sumitMZ007

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    My Question is for @Ramakrishna K.
    If a person looses his/her phone by theft then on basis on IMEI number can he contact OnePlus service center and ask them to delete his/her data present on that particular IMEI number device to avoid theft. Here police don't do their job even after complaining theft.they says thief must now formatted your device or sold them and no point in finding it. I want OnePlus to implement something powerful to give user access to pin point GPS location of their device and nobody even after theft can replace that identity of the phone and still based on IMEI number that phone should be traceable..

63. Deactivated User
    Nov 30, 2020

Deactivated User , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Sharp!