AMA - OnePlus Support

1. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Jun 15, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tom B. , Jun 15, 2020 :
    AMA2.png

Friends,

The way we do things has changed ever since we hosted our first OnePlus Support AMA and the first Open Ears Forum. Your continuous feedback and suggestions have lifted us up from a small committed support team to a global scale support department where in addition to handling more queries we are able to go above and beyond to deliver additional services such as the Doorstep repair in India, Loaner phone option in Europe & North America, Fast-repair (within 2 hours) service in all our exclusive repair centers, and more.

Today we are happy to bring back the OnePlus Support AMA to our community. This time around I'm excited to invite key members of the OnePlus Support team to answer your questions. Let's hear it from them:

Rules
    Starting today, we'll be collecting questions for the AMA on this thread! Our guests will start answering your questions on June 18, 8pm HKT. Because of the limited time, they will be only answering no more than 30 questions in total. We appreciate your understanding, so make sure you ask a great and interesting question!
    • Leave your questions and tag the guests you want to get an answer from
    • We will select 5 lucky users and give away OnePlus S'well Bottle
    • Questions will be considered on a rolling basis until the end of the AMA. We suggest getting yours in sooner rather later.
    • Standard terms and conditions applied
    5d2866aaN1cb35a41.jpg!q70.jpg

Please take a moment to check out our quick Survey so we can learn more about what you think of the original OnePlus 8 series protective case we offer with the phone.

Guest List
    @Rain Y.
    "Hello everyone! I am Rain, assistant manager for contact centers and responsible for European customer support. Happy to be here, this is a great opportunity for us, so feel free to share your service feedback (good or bad) and suggestions. I will do my best to answer all your questions and take all your voice back to the drawing board."

@Arun. S
    "Hello Everyone, I'm sure you are in the best of health and ensuring that your loved ones are taking good care of themselves too. I'm Arun and I manage the contact center for the North American region. It’s a wonderful opportunity for me to interact with you all. So do reach out to me if you have any questions, feedback, or suggestions for us. I shall do everything possible to answer your queries and questions. As this shall help us improve your experience. # NEVER SETTLE"

@Lubna S.
    "Dear OnePlusers! This is Lubna Shiraz and I head the contact center for India region. OnePlus brings in the best technology to excel its user experience, we continuously thrive for better and we seek your opinion/feedbacks /suggestion to take a leap forward."

@Tiffny H.
    "Hello everyone ! I am Tiffny, repair service manager for the North America region. It's my great pleasure to be a part of OnePlus Support AMA, I'll try my best to answer all your questions. Please free to share your service feedback, suggestions, and creative ideas which can help us serve you better."

@Sami L.
    "Hello, Friends,
    Sami here! I am managing the EU repair service. Let me know if you have anything top of your mind you would like to share them with us, I will be on all ears and I will reply as fast and as best as I can.
    Never Settle."

@Ramakrishna K.
    "Hello, All! This is Rama, currently managing the India repair service. I am responsible for the overall operations and support expansion for PAN India. Let me know your thoughts and experience of India repair service and how we can further bring value to our users."

Winners Announced
    @IamIRONSman
    @JustASoftwareEngineer
    @Prstar1
    @luigimario
    @F1524411595499

Congratulations!

2. Ramakrishna K.
    Head of India Repair Service Staff Member Jun 16, 2020

Stickied Post
    Ramakrishna K. , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Hi,
    A lot of users have this query, actually, for the device, we can identify via unique IMEI but for accessories, we don't have such unique identification due to which we can't pick it. We'll have a solution for this soon.

3. Arun. S
    North America Contact Center Manager Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Jun 18, 2020 :
    We love what we do, hence we don't find this as stress at all. We at Customer support strive to deliver the best experiences to our customers and keep improving #NEVER SETTLE.

4. Sami L.
    Head of Europe Repair service Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for the feedback. Latest Service center we open was in Finland, and we will constantly do our best and improve more touch point for our OnePlus fans.

5. Sami L.

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for the feedback. Latest Service center we open was in Finland, and we will constantly do our best and improve more touch point for our OnePlus fans.

6. Sami L.

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    Currently we dont have access point for UK users. Please feel free and reach out our customer support at oneplus.com/support. But we will keep our Never Settle spirit and improve our service experience towards our OnePlus users.

7. Arun. S
    North America Contact Center Manager Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Jun 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for reaching out, here's how we handle the loaner phone requests to give you some insights:
    1) Loaner Device agreement will be shared, Which needs to read and acknowledged by our customer and share with us.
    2) A nominal fee of USD 100 will be charged on your card (same will be refunded post receiving the loaner device in the original condition).
    3) Repair request needs to created for the original device.
    4) You shall receive the loaner device first and post that you need to send your original device for repair within 7 days.
    5) Our Service Center will inspect the device and share the quotation for Out of Warranty.
    6) You would need to accept and make the payment through the link shared by our Service Center.
    7) The service center would repair the device and send it to you.
    8) Post receiving the original device you need to ship the loaner device within 14 days.
    9) Loaner device will be inspected, If received in original condition then USD 100 will be refunded.
    I hope this answers your question.

8. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    Good question. We pursue to provide a one-stop customer service experience, meaning from the time a case is created, we will follow-up until it is resolved. However, we still have a long way to go, our team is working on improving the efficiency and system logic to support this soon. Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.

9. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    First of all, welcome to the OnePlus family. Can you send me your case ID via private message so that I can take a look for you? If I notice any issue I will make sure it is addressed on time.

10. Ramakrishna K.
    Head of India Repair Service Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Ramakrishna K. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    We don't encourage self-repair or minor repair as it sometimes leads to complete failure of the phone, we highly recommend to always reach out for official repair channels where an experienced repair engineer can handle your device the right way and provide repair service at any level.

G_plusone, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  11. Ramakrishna K.
    Head of India Repair Service Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Ramakrishna K. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    We don't repair service for gadgets(accessories). If we find the product is defective within a year, we will replace the product and all our service centers in India will accept gadgets and provide replacement after proper troubleshooting and diagnosis. For OnePlus TV we provide home repair service.

12. Tiffny H.
    North America Repair Service Manager Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tiffny H. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for your feedback. Currently, we don't have spare parts sale service to make sure all the customers can get the same level service. But we are working on a walk-in solution to make repair service more convenient.

13. Lubna S.
    India Contact Center Manager Staff Member Jun 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Jun 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for this question. We noticed that the volumes have spurted then the expected but our priority is our users and we are extensively taking measures not just to increase our staff but also automating certain basics that can be calibrated by users themselves from our website.

14. Monica Z.
    EU/NA Customer Service Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Monica Z. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    We always take a customer-centric approach at OnePlus Support. Whenever we plan to offer a new service option or expand our reach for our global users, we like to make sure every part of the process is smooth so that our users can have an effortless experience. Thus, the different programs in different regions on a trial and phase by phase basis.

cdnfarmer, Dresa91, Batman360 and 3 others like this.
  15. Arun. S
    North America Contact Center Manager Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Jun 19, 2020 :
    I’m certain that you and your loved ones are in the best of health. Thank you for your feedback! As a community-driven brand, we are continuously listening to users' feedback and up-skill our support team through case studies, building a learning culture, and support simulations to bring more suitable services for our users around the world. It is an ongoing process and we are working towards the change.

Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  16. Ramakrishna K.
    Head of India Repair Service Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Ramakrishna K. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Our associates go through level 1 and level 2 technical skill-based training such as soft skills, case studies, and troubleshooting programs for good tenure to handle swiftly whilst the option to manage all the software related queries including flashing the user devices.

MosheG1, Batman360, Venky61 and 2 others like this.
  17. Tiffny H.
    North America Repair Service Manager Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tiffny H. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Appreciate your feedback. It's a very good suggestion. We will consider it and add the labor fee in the repair pricing list.

MosheG1, cdnfarmer, G_plusone and 3 others like this.
  18. Tiffny H.

Stickied Post
    Tony, thanks for your question. To protect your personal data, all devices arriving at our repair facilities will have factory-reset done. We recommend our customers to back-up personal data in advance to avoid any issues.

19. Tiffny H.

Stickied Post
    Sorry, I can't give the final solution to this issue. We may need your help to catch logs for us. Here are the steps and you can send the log to us via support@oneplus.com, we'll ask our technical support to take a look:
    1. Input *#800# from dialing, click "oneplus Logkit" option then click "Delete history log".
    2. Enable "Network Tcpdump Log" then click "get QXDM Log", choose "modem-common", and then click "open device log".
    3. Back to the previous menu and enable “Move log path to built-in SD card" and then enable "save log", when it informs you whether to reboot, click "reboot".
    4. when the H+ symbol appears please take 1 or 2 screenshots (press volume down and power key) to record the issue time stamps.
    5. Wait for 3 minutes then enter *#800# on the dial pad, click "OnePlus logkit" choose "get QXDM log" then click "close device log", go back, and disable "save log".
    6. Enter File manager > Storage> Internal storage, find the “oem_log” file and long press, click upper corner three dots to compress it and upload oem_log.zip to Google Drive along with the screenshots, then share us with your storage link.

20. Lubna S.
    India Contact Center Manager Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    I am really sorry to hear about this, let's try with these simple troubleshooting steps and we are quite hopeful that it should resolve your concern:
    Step 1: Click on “Settings” APP
    Step 2: Tick on “Apps & Notification”
    Step 3: Tap on ‘Notification” Final
    Step 4: Enable the Notification button to the desired app that you wish for, kindly ensure that it needs to sign BLUE. If the same does not help, please do not hesitate to write back to us via support@oneplus.com, our support team will further investigate the condition.

21. Sami L.
    Head of Europe Repair service Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    The jack in the USB Type C to Audio Jack is TRRS. So external mic is supported.

22. Arun. S
    North America Contact Center Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Health has been the talk of the town, I'm sure you and your closed ones are in the best of health. I do appreciate the time you have spent sharing your thoughts. Do accept my apologies to what you have been through and I don't intend this to happen either. We listen to our customers, build our support staff through constant and rigorous training mechanism. We strive to better ourselves and address all the aspects of customer experience. We do understand that hold time has been a concern for you, which will be solved eventually. Alternatively, you can also reach out to us through an E-mail or chat from our support page (https://www.oneplus.com/support) and I'm sure you will be assisted by one of our support staff members.

23. Arun. S
    North America Contact Center Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Arun. S , Jun 22, 2020 :
    I wish you and your loved ones are in the best of health. I'm truly overwhelmed by your generosity. I'm speechless in expressing my gratitude to you. Thanks for sailing along with us for all these many years without any challenges.

We live by our values:
    1. Open: Always open for feedback and implement those for our betterment.
    2. Never Settle: We strive for constant improvement and truly live up to it.
    3. User-Driven: While we innovate to deliver the best technology at an affordable price.
    While we continue to innovate and come up with amazing devices, we don't want to forget the ones who made us be where we are today. Hence we continue to support all our users to the fullest. I'm not sure about the other OEM's, but we at OnePlus want to stand tall for our users.

24. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    We try to keep the service effortless for our users. As long as you have your order-no/case-ID with you, our support team can help and guide you through the process.

In the future, when you reach out to support our support channels can let you know what you may need before getting in touch with our support staff.

G_plusone, Dresa91 and Batman360 like this.
  25. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    The spare part is for the authorized service center, as you know only the trained authorized engineer has the access to repair the device. If we sell the spare part to paying customer and the device is repaired by the unauthorized service center, there is a high risk to cause more damage to the device.
    but the point you mentioned shows our service region is not enough yet, we do need to improve it. this why we are working on it and trying to bring in more service centers.

26. Sami L.
    Head of Europe Repair service Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    When having a high throughput in service, there is always a possibility that something can go wrong. We have dedicated personnel to look into those cases to fix issues in service centers as we try to make overall service quality better. Failure is the best teacher!

27. Tiffny H.
    North America Repair Service Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tiffny H. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Thanks for your feedback! We are working hard to bring more service options such as a walk-in solution in the near future. Regarding the OnePlus 5T issue, you can use our send-in repair service by raising a request here: https://www.oneplus.com/support/repair

28. Tiffny H.
    North America Repair Service Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tiffny H. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Very good question! As a service manager, the best part is when we approach everything from our users' perspective and as a result, your positive experiences and feedback motivates us to keep going to do the right thing and bring more value for our users.

Zach X., G_plusone, Batman360 and 2 others like this.
  29. Monica Z.
    EU/NA Customer Service Staff Member Jun 23, 2020

Stickied Post
    Monica Z. , Jun 23, 2020 :
    The challenging part was the overall implementation of the service, our team worked tirelessly to provide continuity of after-sales services during the COVID-19 period.

The best part is you can now stay in touch with your loved ones if your phone is out for repair. :)

*Someone from our team will get back to you on your previous question.

Dresa91, G_plusone, Batman360 and 3 others like this.
  30. DIrty3000
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

DIrty3000 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Why do agents on Live Chat transfer queries unanswered and leave me having to repeat the details over and over again? I have been through 4 live chat agents today. Only one of them wasn't catatonic.

31. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 15, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Hey @Tom B., thank you for this AMA:)
    and welcome @Monica Z. :)

I am from Germany, to my questions are going to:

@Rain Y.:
    I would simply like to know how customer satisfaction is measured after contact. Are support staff also asked how they felt about a particular day or case?
    How are special circumstances dealt with, such as now with Corona? How do you try to help the customer or even protect your own employees?

@Sami L.:
    Is it possible that if a repair could take a long time based on a detailed description, the user can get a replacement unit?
    Or in other words: Are there plans to set up sales and repair shops in Europe - like Apple stores or already in India? Here I can stop by with my device as an affected person and in a dialogue it can be decided how long a repair will take and the affected person can then get a replacement device if necessary.

But this question can be answered by everyone:)
    (@Rain Y., @Arun. S, @Lubna S., @Tiffny H., @Sami L., @Ramakrishna K. :) ): How are special circumstances dealt with, such as now with Corona? How do you try to help the customer or even protect your own employees?

Please everyone, stay safe!:)
    cheers:)

meatandy, drl431, ElvisVan and 8 others like this.
  32. jigarmistry24
    Donut Jun 15, 2020

33. ManpreetSingh223
    Eclair Jun 15, 2020

ManpreetSingh223 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    @Lubna S. I returned OnePlus 8 thrice now to Amazon. First purchase was returned due to line mark at the back. Bought again and the display made me fatigue!

Throughout days headache, eyes strain, even with night mode on, reading mode, dc dimming, lowest brightness, even shockingly when the phone screen was turned off.

I understand it's a strong device that could be the reason it was just being harmful for me. Are these oled displays of poor quality?

Even the OnePlus 8 forums in OnePlus community app, google, etc all around the world telling the same issue and it's really disappointing that OnePlus didn't do anyting regarding this since OnePlus 6/6t.

Gsmarena's YouTube review comments section also telling the same issue. All I will say is I really wanted to buy but it's not for many people out there because OnePlus is neglecting safety of the eyes of customers, etc. Can this be addressed urgently so all can happily buy?

Third one I'm sending back due to two long parrarel lines at the back, it's like a dent looking lines which just are not felt but is there if phone is tilted a bit. I never saw those in previous two devices that I returned (were 8gb variants) but this third one is 6gb variant.

I feel people in India who are handed over the responsibility to assemble this phone as always aren't taking perfection seriously (like this much of small faults are ignorable or what poor strategy is in mind god knows), well I would say it's definitely not ignorable due to phone being very expensive.

It's my first most expensive purchase and phones that I have bought earlier of different companies were completely perfect after observing closely, even being cheaper than this one. Metal, plastic, glass, I've bought all kinds of them.

OnePlus 8 is fabulous but is coming with some heart breaking issue or the other. And I'm still giving chances to the company and trying my best to get one perfect phone to keep it happily. As I love to use phones with utmost importance and care as well. It's a customer respecting this company back, believing in this company more and what not!

So please address the issues urgently as mentioned above, so you really come out of the comfort zone and be more realistic towards perfection for what people are paying.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020

34. Chiraag Shetty
    Eclair Jun 15, 2020

Chiraag Shetty , Jun 15, 2020 :
    @Lubna S. What hv u done to correct the display issues in the indian retail unit?and if we face any issues will we get a replacement?also any plans on adding virtual triggers to the edge of the oneplus 8 pro to make gaming better and use the edge to your customers advantage?

35. James Ferrante
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

James Ferrante , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Message to the One Plus development team

I am now addressing everyone who will read this message, do you also want to improve OnePlus? Comment on what you would like to see better in the future OnePlus 9 Pro.

A warm greeting to the entire OnePlus team. I start by saying that I'm nobody, and not to devalue myself, but to say that I'm a very simple user, who just likes to read a lot of computer science for pure passion and nothing more. And specifically that this message is not meant to create flame or negativity, but what I'm going to say is simply meant to make me want to see OnePlus better and better. What I'm saying is not out of hate, but out of pure desire to see OnePlus better, as a user fond of the brand.

I'll start by saying that I've been buying One Plus since the first OnePlus One. Always faithful to the brand, for sympathy and empathy towards the brand philosophy, and for what is the final terminal. For work, I text dozens of smartphones a month every day, but my personal phone has always been and only one OnePlus since the brand existed.

My words today refer to a precise model of smartphone, namely OnePlus 8 Pro.

The phone today has almost reached perfection, it has become a total flagship, I don't doubt it, but I think it is still to be improved, and that, dear oneplus, I want to remind you that a user doesn't want to have only a top of the range for 6 months, but for a long time. By this I mean that lately, it seems that your device, has changed the true meaning of your motto, and that from Never Settle, it has become Never Settle (for 6 months only).

Avoiding a speech much more complex and linked to a question of "life" of the phone. I want to list a few things that I really hope with all my heart to include in the next series.

These only then my things, advice, help, which I hope will actually be implemented, I do not hope in the T series, and I'm sure of it. But I hope they will be done in the 9 series, really.

1 - BETTER AUTONOMY.

OnePlus, seriously. If we are talking about an absolute top range, we have to have the best performance in every field, especially in the battery. It doesn't stand up to the fact that we have more and more powerful recharges. The smartphone must have a much better autonomy, I feel in this case to advise you one thing, look what Motorola has managed to do with its Edge Plus device. But I know you don't need any advice, much less do you need to learn from other models, but do it! You can do a lot more than that, I think it's a very penalizing aspect. So I say, in a loud voice, representing a big slice of local community, and I think also globally watching complaints about the battery of this device, OnePlus, please improve the autonomy. I hope that in the 9 series, you improve -1 the software for a better battery life, -2 a more capacious battery, at the expense of thought and design, I know you can do a lot playing with small diagonal increments on the display, I hope there will be a 5.500 Mah battery in the next 9 Pro.

2 - BETTER DISPLAY.

And no, I don't mean color reproduction quality and color fidelity, I mean display problems, green tint, black crush, etc. etc. etc. I understand that I can only marginally center OnePlus in this, being supplied by Samsung, but you could definitely implement something to make it better. Another aspect, consumption. One Plus, you have handled the display consumption very badly this year, probably the display absorbs like a bull on this device. You should definitely look for a solution to improve the battery impact for your display, and I hope this will be done on the future OnePlus 9 Pro.

3 - CONCRETE CAMERAS

The quality this year has improved to truly incredible levels, we know that, and it has been tuned from around the globe. But it's not yet at the levels of other top of the range, and now here, you no longer have the excuse of price as "we saved to keep the price", now it's a top of the range, it has to be a top of the range price. But I hope that in the future OnePlus 9 Pro we will have concrete, and functionally direct cameras, and by that I mean the color filter camera. Let's do the fundamentals, but let's do it right. Useful at its best, and no more useful than superfluous, don't go the Samsung way, stay OnePlus. I expect in the One Plus 9 Pro, a Wide Angle as main, a Super Wide Angle, a Hybrid Zoom at least 30x, and finally a welcome ToF sensor. I also expect an improved Flash, and improved software, I expect the best, not the best delayed and retained for the next model. I expect this in a OnePlus 9 Pro.

Finally, I want to say that, by now, it is no longer a question of price, it is no longer an excuse to do less. So, I hope that OnePlus 9 Pro, has, not only all these 3 points, but also much more than improved. Finally, once again, I want to remind you that initially you always boasted to listen to the community, you did it also at the last presentation of the 8 Pro, I wonder if you will continue to do so, I'll start from here.

Secondly, I very much hope that in the next series, each country will be able to choose its own colour, without limitations.

One plus, a warm hug.

36. Entimp
    Eclair Jun 15, 2020

Entimp , Jun 15, 2020 :
    @Sami L.

Hi, been trying to find this out for a while.

The bundled USB Type C to Audio Jack - does it support TRS or TRRS audio jacks?

I intend to use my phone for recording remote interviews via a RODE Podcaster mixing deck.

There are no spec details out there - with repair in mind, I am sure you would have access to this information or someone who knows. Even if the question isn't picked - could you reply to let me know.

For the record I use a 6T.

Still love it despite the 7 and 8.

Appreciated.

G

Haroldj1590 and thedistro like this.
  37. krunaldave97
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2020

38. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 15, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    @Monica Z. First of all welcome! I had one question which i think as the head, you would be best suited to answer. Can you explain why countries have different repair programs and why some countries get fast repair service centers and others dont have any physical OnePlus stores at all. Some have a free loaner phone amd others dont get this option etc. There are many different programs offered to different regions, can you explain what the thought process was as to which countries got which services?

39. Swatiranjan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 15, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Hi @Tom B.,
    thank you for this AMA
    and welcome
    @Monica Z.

I am from India,

I have a question for @Lubna S. & @Ramakrishna K.

Why the extended warranty of 1 year which was unclaimed for a last moment claim was reduced to 6 months. A lots of users have raised the concern..

Hope all of you are doing good during the covid situation.

Have a great day.
    ❣️SRD

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020

40. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 15, 2020

Venky61 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Thanks @Tom B. for the AMA.

My Question to @Ramakrishna K. and @Lubna S.
    What are the training programs carried out for the Customer Care executives (Both On-call and Live Chat) with respect to the software troubleshooting to make it easier for the consumers to get the solution immediately instead of having to reach the service center?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020

41. Shiva_Kalyanapu
    Donut Jun 15, 2020

42. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 15, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Hey there @Tom B. , also welcome @Monica Z. Hope you a are doing fine 😊

My first question is for @Lubna S. :
    Hey Lubna, I hope you are doing good.
    During the pandemic, what plans do you have to increase the support reachability as there are less customer support executives coming and the waiting time is really long to connect to one of the exec?

Also I guess the WhatsApp customer support seems broken or doesn't work, as I am messaging and it said connecting to one of the support exec and after that I have sent many messages neither the exec got connected nor there is any automated response generating. I don't know if you are looking into this or not but if you are then I hope you can help.

43. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 15, 2020

luigimario , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Hi there @Tiffny H.! I wanted to ask why the repair estimate on the OnePlus service site only tells us the price of the parts and not an estimate of labour costs? I am in Canada and while it's nice to see the cost of the parts for a repair, I think people would like an idea of how much it could cost for the full repair before sending in their phone. (I understand that other problems may be discovered on inspection but if I only want a battery changed, I would like to know the cost up front, then if there are other problems I can decide at that point if I want to do the repair or not).

For example, if the part is only $30, but the repair will cost over $100 with the labour cost, I might decide not to send my phone in and use that money to buy a new device. As opposed to the current method where I send it and wait for an estimate before deciding it's too expensive then have to wait for my phone to be shipped back.

Thank you!

44. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    @Arun. S as a OnePlus user in North America I would like to know how you are trying to make the call centers better. I have had a hard time with the call centers here trying to get them to understand my issue and I have also experienced very long wait times just to talk to a human. How are you planning on making these services better in the future. And what is your general plan about making call centers better as a whole?

45. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jun 15, 2020 :
    this is a great question!

46. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 15, 2020

G_plusone , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Nice One @Tom B. also welcome @Monica Z.
    @Rain Y., @Arun. S, @Lubna S., @Tiffny H., @Sami L., @Ramakrishna K.

Good to see things like Doorstep service, Loaner Phone and (fast)2 hour service

Here's my question

Many times I have seen that in support threads when people contact support staff for Repair status Different Support persons engaging to help ask the same thing over and over again. I can understand that it might be standard procedure and that they probably have to ask those questions Again.

But can These questions be avoided if the Ticket number is reffered and the Entire support chat be available to the present Support staff so the Person who is contacting support don't have to repeat them again and again

47. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 15, 2020

48. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 15, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Support has failed if a customer has to come here to a community forum to complain or get attention to the lack of proper service... if you missed the point.