AMA - OnePlus Support

1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 19, 2020

Venky61 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Thanks for the reply and glad to know that they are all well trained to meet the demands. :)

G_plusone, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  2. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 19, 2020

luigimario , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Thanks for the reply! I think many people will appreciate that! I would also suggest that you include a disclaimer that there may be additional repairs required upon inspection, just so people know it's a possibility, and that they have the choice to refuse the repair if they want.

@jose.antonio04 I think they also erase the phone just to test that everything is working properly before sending it back to you. By starting with a stock phone they can test it all properly. I sent in my OP3 for a battery replacement and it was bootloader unlocked and rooted. When I got it back it was on stock OOS and all locked up again. It sucks to have to restore everything but it's just part of the process I guess. Plus nandroid backup was super easy to restore!

MosheG1, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  3. Chaitu_1412
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2020

4. Lubna S.
    India Contact Center Manager Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Lubna S. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    I am really sorry to hear about this, let's try with these simple troubleshooting steps and we are quite hopeful that it should resolve your concern:
    Step 1: Click on “Settings” APP
    Step 2: Tick on “Apps & Notification”
    Step 3: Tap on ‘Notification” Final
    Step 4: Enable the Notification button to the desired app that you wish for, kindly ensure that it needs to sign BLUE. If the same does not help, please do not hesitate to write back to us via support@oneplus.com, our support team will further investigate the condition.

5. nikita_kontamwar
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2020

nikita_kontamwar , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 19, 2020 :
    It still doesn't work.
    I have tried this before as well.

G_plusone likes this.
  6. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 19, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    That is what happens when you have a holepunch display,it is not a flaw. That is just how it is for certain applications

Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  7. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Whatsapp notifications arent supported on Android 10

8. BOGA ITC
    Donut Jun 19, 2020

BOGA ITC , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 19, 2020 :
    @Rain Y

I must express deep concern that there is a possibility, whether covertly or overtly, OnePlus may "turn off" a feature on my phone that I'm paying £1000 for. Once a customer takes ownership of the device having paid money for it... what right does the manufacturer have to retroactively downgrade this premium product? Will I be reimbursed for the loss of functionality of my phone? How can I trust that another update from OnePlus won't surreptitiously degrade other features or functions such as Apple did to their legacy phones?

I look forward to your reply.

bjorg18 likes this.
  9. sagkan
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2020

sagkan , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Hi,

Got Android 10 upgrade last night. Usually upgrades brings excitement. This one made me sad. I chose OnePlus for its perfection in every minor thing, thoughtfulness and most importantly, putting user satisfaction first. I see nothing of that sort this upgrade. Being an OCD person, one thing that hurt me most is noticable gap in favorite app row on home screen and bottom of the screen. Wasting the screen real estate. Looks like it is meant for on screen buttons which i dont really need in OP5 with hardware buttons. OnePlus should give an option to configure this.

In-built digital well being utility is great but expected more intuitive GUI in this upgrade. We can't beat other stupid !OS in the North American Market with product like this.

10. Sami L.
    Head of Europe Repair service Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    The jack in the USB Type C to Audio Jack is TRRS. So external mic is supported.

11. Entimp
    Eclair Jun 19, 2020

Entimp , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Thank you for letting me know. Really appreciated.

12. Z1591590546383
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2020

Z1591590546383 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Hi. Just bought a new Oneplus 8 Pro last 2 weeks. I've been getting a "bug" where my mobile data just randomly restarts. So whenever I browse the internet, suddenly the web page does not load and mobile data just restarts itself. Any solution to fix this "bug"? Appreciate your feedback on this.

13. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Are you using Chrome to browse? If so swap to a different browser.

14. Z1591590546383 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Not only on browsers. It happens on any apps. Any apps that use mobile data will occur especially Twitter app since I use that app a lot.

15. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2020

Report the bug through the proper channels, the support team are more likely to reply via that means than a random post in a busy forum.

16. J1559294237517
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2020

17. Vishalkher4800
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2020

18. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 20, 2020

Gav_W86 , Jun 20, 2020 :
    They have already said it will be returning (indeed it hasn't been removed in most places in the world) after some tweaking to prevent it being misused.

Dresa91 and Q1589812677309 like this.
  19. BOGA ITC
    Donut Jun 20, 2020

BOGA ITC , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 20, 2020 :
    I don't suppose there's a panel of independent clever folk who have determined what is inappropriate use? Being able to see the outline of a bra, for example, hardly classes as inappropriate in light of 10 seconds it takes to find free hardcore adult entertainment. I think OnePlus has more important things to worry about.

thank you for the assurance and your kind reply my friend [e]1f44d[/e][e]263a[/e]️

James 007 likes this.
  20. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2020

So you paid £1000 for a phone specifically for that filter? Lets be realistic here, the phone was £899 if you have the 256gb version, the filter will be returned in one way or another along with numerous other filters, does that mean that you are willing to give OP more money for all the improvements you receive during your ownership? No one spends £900 on a phone and expects it to be a top of the range DSLR camera.