AMA - OnePlus Support

1. Rain Y.
    Europe Contact Center Assistant Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Rain Y. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    The spare part is for the authorized service center, as you know only the trained authorized engineer has the access to repair the device. If we sell the spare part to paying customer and the device is repaired by the unauthorized service center, there is a high risk to cause more damage to the device.
    but the point you mentioned shows our service region is not enough yet, we do need to improve it. this why we are working on it and trying to bring in more service centers.

G_plusone, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  2. Sami L.
    Head of Europe Repair service Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sami L. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    When having a high throughput in service, there is always a possibility that something can go wrong. We have dedicated personnel to look into those cases to fix issues in service centers as we try to make overall service quality better. Failure is the best teacher!

3. Tiffny H.
    North America Repair Service Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tiffny H. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Thanks for your feedback! We are working hard to bring more service options such as a walk-in solution in the near future. Regarding the OnePlus 5T issue, you can use our send-in repair service by raising a request here: https://www.oneplus.com/support/repair

G_plusone, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  4. Tiffny H.
    North America Repair Service Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Tiffny H. , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Very good question! As a service manager, the best part is when we approach everything from our users' perspective and as a result, your positive experiences and feedback motivates us to keep going to do the right thing and bring more value for our users.

Zach X., G_plusone, Batman360 and 2 others like this.
  5. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 22, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Hi @Tiffny H. Thanks so much for the reply; I hope you took a moment to read my other post in the thread.

Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  6. G_Aman_Malhotra_KIXB , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Hi oneplus Team , I am a huge fan of one plus since 3T n today i got my new one plus 8 pro but was disappointed to see that photochrome filter had been removed from the camera.As far as i knew it wss rolled back for china based cells right ? so when can we get to see this filter ?

7. SteveCP
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jun 22, 2020 :
    It was removed from all IN2020 and IN2021 phones, IN2023 and 2025 still have the filter. I believe that it is due to be returned in the next update later this month.

8. Monica Z.
    EU/NA Customer Service Staff Member Jun 23, 2020

Stickied Post
    Monica Z. , Jun 23, 2020 :
    The challenging part was the overall implementation of the service, our team worked tirelessly to provide continuity of after-sales services during the COVID-19 period.

The best part is you can now stay in touch with your loved ones if your phone is out for repair. :)

*Someone from our team will get back to you on your previous question.

Dresa91, G_plusone, Batman360 and 3 others like this.
  9. SS12345678
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

10. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2020

11. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 23, 2020

12. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 23, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Congratulations dude, you just keep winning!

13. Grv21
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

Grv21 , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Hello Team,

It has been such a bad experience to connect with your team everyday since last week every day for the update I have to call you guys as no one calls back as promised by your team.

Latest update after follow ups from my end are as below

1) product recieved at one plus center couriered by myself and on my own cost.

2) had to coordinate with one plus team and courier guys to get it delivered

3) have to call you guys and wait for 50 Minto get in touch with you guys. 50 min of wait time everyday

4) no response from your side not on email no call no what's app nothing

5) please find attached details of service I'd and wait time with no customer service.

14. V1592927824370
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2020

15. ManpreetSingh223
    Eclair Jun 24, 2020

ManpreetSingh223 , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 24, 2020 :
    It's a shame that my questions on the very 1st page of this thread were never answered by @Lubna S. Apple never compromises on quality, they even delay their production if they find any imperfections. Not happy at all with this kind of support. OnePlus 8 will be my first and last device for a short period of time. Will look for a brand who cares!

People go nuts like "wow what a display" not realizing that they are being given inferior quality displays of Samsung. I changed OnePlus 8 4 times! Due to something or the other defects (like headache giving screens, line marks at the back of the body, etc) and being expensive!

Phone boxes were puffed, torned, some displays were dull, more warm and yellowish. No control by OnePlus on this.

I hope I really hope people strive for perfection to really understand and get what they are paying for by controlling their excitements a bit and forward stronger feedbacks, as I believe I was listened and Amazon India did helped me too.

My 5th device came altogether from a different location, excellent box, phone built and display feels more broader even with same dimensions, no two parallel lines design or defect at the back, it's clean and curvy like OnePlus 8 8gb variant (mine is the 6gb one). Screen display is still more warm which I didn't want but colors are very punchy and clearly shows the display is far better than previous returned devices.

1st OnePlus 8 8gb - Had a very long permanent line mark at the back.

2nd OnePlus 8 8gb - Gave me headache in seconds, eye strain as well.

3rd OnePlus 8 6gb - 2 parallel lines dent like design or defect at the back of the body.

4th OnePlus 8 6gb - 2 parallel lines were again there so I thought it's normal and was okay with it, but display was yellowish and dull, playing pubg with graphics optimization made the game look more ugly in extreme hd settings (hdr sucks). Images on articles, etc were looking just good.

5th OnePlus 8 6gb variant - As told above no 2 parallel lines, punchy colors and very good display, however still yellowish in large part of the screen and whitish around above and right & left edges of the screen in vivid mode (I did noticed in some displays it was not this yellow), I don't want to use the advanced mode.

I also know screen being yellowish a bit makes video viewing an amazing experience to make it more natural for skin color, etc. But should be less and corrected with all the flaws mentioned.

However, I'm satisfied but will want OnePlus to correct if possible with software update without compromising any quality of the display.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020

16. Aman18grim
    Donut Jun 24, 2020

Aman18grim , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 24, 2020 :
    @Lubna S. Hi , many of the one plus plus 8 pro users lost photochome filter after the lastest updateand as per the forums this was a temporary step.So ho soon can we expect to receive back this feature. (model IN2021)

17. Meylanx
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2020

Meylanx , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 24, 2020 :
    Will we have an option to lock the device from any screen by double tapping the status bar in the future? This would be a really convenient feature for everyone.

18. G_Fauzaan_Ahamed
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2020

19. iamkapilb
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

iamkapilb , Jun 26, 2020 :
    @Lubna.S

These One Plus phones are great. however, there is a software bug that creates a problem with apps like WhatsApp. I have been facing this problem with 3T and now with 7 since the time face recognition was enabled.

The moment you try to play voice notes on WhatsApp, the screen goes blank or goes flickers and the sound stops when the screen in blank, making it impossible to hear the message.

the hack around this is to cover front camera or keep the phone pointing away or have someone else hold your phone so the person facing the front camera is not the registered face id. this solves the problem.

as you can see, this is not a workable solution, and hints towards some face recognition related issue by OnePlus. can we get a solution?

20. kaldpils
    Froyo Jun 26, 2020

kaldpils , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Please fix the 4k video camera on the OnePlus 8 Pro.

It's the best phone but needs to fix the software to the camera for video

Sorry if this is the wrong place to send this but no-one is listening to me and others.

So please fix the camera software