AMA - OnePlus TV Series

1. Daniel W.
    TV Hardware Product Manager Staff Member Jul 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    Daniel W. , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Hello rajshah2412, answer to your fourth question.

We have been committed to providing TV users with three years of uninterrupted updates. The difference between TV and mobile phone, the advantage is that we don't need to rely on a large version of AndroidTV updates for many functions, but to provide more services to users through continuous small version updates.

2. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jul 10, 2020

Overzee , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Thanks @Daniel W. for your clear and understandable answer! At least I did not get a definite NO, so I'll be patiently waiting for the moment we can buy the OnePlus TV in Europe (in my case).

Todd W. and Batman360 like this.
  3. Daniel W.

Stickied Post
    Thank you for your interest in our products.

32Y1 uses an MTK chip with quad-core A53 architecture, and its screen response time is 7ms.

You can install and uninstall applications on demand. And if you need files storage, it is recommended that to use external storage, such as a USB stick or a removable hard disk.

Venky61, Dresa91 and Batman360 like this.

4. DarshanSMeniya likes this.
  5. Daniel W.

Stickied Post
    Hey Batman360, good question!

Our original intention is to create a TV with great sound quality. However, compared with the ordinary front-facing sound design, we believe that the long-term exposed SOUNDBAR design cannot meet our pursuit of the concise and burdenless design. Therefore, we innovatively use the motionable speaker design to reach out when in use and hide when not in use.

Motionable speaker components, after 11 different schemes of verification, the final use of a special customized motor and transmission scheme. The overall scheme through more than 300,000 movement tests, while the design of a full set of an anti-pinch hand mechanism. Quality and safety is our always pursuit.

cdnfarmer, Immi007, Venky61 and 3 others like this.
  6. Daniel W.

Stickied Post
    Hi rickybarretto, Y Series supports HDMI ARC (HDMI1). U Series is using 10-bit Panel.

7. MonishSShivani
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2020

MonishSShivani , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Thanks a lot for taking time to respond..

Eagerly waiting for the 43inch model to go for sale..

8. Q1568286593182
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

9. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Jul 10, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Thank you very much for answering. Do you have a plan to use graphene in your products ???

10. Q1568286593182
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

11. Amanrae
    Honeycomb Jul 10, 2020

Amanrae , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    If you have pre booked by paying 1000 rs for acko warranty then you will get additional two years. And 1000 rs will be added to you pay balance by 20th August. Hope this helps. Cheers!!

Venky61 and Q1568286593182 like this.
  12. Amanrae
    Honeycomb Jul 10, 2020

Q1568286593182 likes this.
  13. DarshanMeniya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2020

14. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 10, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Thanks alot for answering, had my doubts about it's sturdiness but that numbers in the movement tests surely gives me enough confidence in the hardware or the motor itself. I really liked how you guys made the speaker unit look so elegant while coming out and the light on it is just a cherry on top!! Kudos for that😍😊

Venky61, Dresa91 and Swatiranjan like this.
  15. Sophie Z.
    TV Software Product Manager Staff Member Jul 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    Sophie Z. , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Good question, mokaeswar.

We aim to provide a unified viewing experience of your favorite shows on OnePlus TV with more choices for international and local content, and we are keeping doing this.

Venky61, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  16. Sophie Z.

Stickied Post
    Hi DarshanSMeniya,

First of all, TV OS (Operating System) is different from smartphone OS; they have different Ram requirement to keep the system running smoothly. However, we keep designing the software is to maintain the same fast and smooth experience as our smartphone does.

Driven by this mission, we were careful when developing new features of TV OS. We added the most frequently-used features which could bring value to our users. Several rounds of feature reviewing meetings were conducted to make sure every feature had been considered thoroughly. As a result, we make sure that our users like you can have enough storage space to install the apps you like.

cdnfarmer, Venky61, Batman360 and 2 others like this.
  17. Sophie Z.

Stickied Post
    Hi Batman360, thanks for your question.

Actually, a good feature doesn't have to be a complicated one, and I love those small smart features with our cares about your life.

One of my favorite new features is the Monthly data usage statistics in Data Saver Plus, in which you can check how much data you used every day and aggregated data usage during the current month. This is especially useful for those with a limited data plan. Also, we believe that even though there is a fantastic viewing experience on our TV, don't get addicted when you have tons of content on your hand.

cdnfarmer, Venky61, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  18. Sophie Z.

Stickied Post
    Hello iharshjjain, our answer is:

Yes definitely!

We've already had Game mode in Picture Quality settings. While connecting to the external controller, you can switch to the Game mode and it'll provide you with better gaming experience. Also, if you're connecting the TV to a PlayStation4, Picture Quality will automatically switch to the Game mode for you.

Venky61, Dresa91, Batman360 and 2 others like this.
  19. Sophie Z.

Stickied Post
    Hi there, that's a really good suggestion! We'll consider adding more useful features to Kids Mode based on user feedback. Thank you!

20. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 10, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Thanks for the answer Sophie 😊 I totally agree with you on "good feature doesn't have to be a complicated one", couldn't have said it better 😊😉 The data saver plus is indeed an amazing feature added to the tv and I'm sure many people are going to love it (p.s. thanks @Venky61 😉).
    P.S. What if I am already addicted to the tons of contents 😂😉