AMA: What's next? Share your voice!

1. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jun 4, 2020

Fleming F. , Jun 4, 2020 :
    AMA1.png

Hey guys,

We were impressed by your passion and response to our last few AMAs – we talked about accessories and gear, 5G, OnePlus 8 Series, we held a live video session with @Carl, and had @Pete as our guest. There were some truly great discussions with our guests, both from OnePlus, and other companies like Google and Qualcomm.

AMAs are your best option to get exclusive, first-hand information. For example, @Sat K, from Android platform team at Google, introduced how faster speeds and ultra low latency of 5G will serve our ecosystem. @Ignacio Contreras, a senior director at Qualcomm, answered several questions about the benefits of chip integration. Our very own @Leo Lei, from accessory and gear team, talked design of Bullets Wireless Z and other audio product. We even received @Pete, our CEO, to share his thoughts on the company's culture, ecosystem, community and vision.

We hope to make each AMA we host as interesting and exciting as possible, so we'd like you to share your thoughts about:
    • Are there any specific topics you'd like to see discussed in a future AMA?
    • Is there anyone in particular that you'd like us to invite next?
    • Do you have any suggestions for our AMA series?
    Feel free to put forward any ideas, they will certainly help us in hosting an even better AMA next time! ;)

3. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 4, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Hey there @Fleming F. , welcome to the forums 😄😄

And to answer your questions :-

1.) AMA about OnePlus TV would be awesome, else true wireless earbuds.
    2.) Anyone working in the departments specified in 1st point.
    3.) AMAs are going really perfect, important questoare being answered, we are getting to know more about the guest at times. Loved the AMA on instagram though, i guess we can do that more 😊 Also the number of questions answered can be increased to 30 questions 😊

4. narutocoolguy
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

narutocoolguy , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I'd like an AMA with anyone from the Product Design/Lead Creative department. I have some things to ask and a few ideas to share.

Thanks for all the AMAs!

5. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 4, 2020

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Product design would be nice.
    Maybe persons like dsmonteiro (#no-tag) or Carl are interesting people.
    Another thing i would like to know is if there is interest in working on other products... Not gear/merchandise, but accessoiries or anyother gadget/tech beside smartphones.
    Of course, i don't expect any topsecret OnePlus intel, but can be very interesting, i think.

6. Swatiranjan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Thanks for getting connected @Fleming F. . Previous AMAs were very much fruitful.
    I would like to see the Future line of of devices such as OnePlus smartwatch, OnePlus tablets etc.

Futuristic technology on transparent display technology shall be truely appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

7. narutocoolguy
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

narutocoolguy , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Exactly man! I want the OnePlus Tablet...perhaps an iPad Pro killer.

9. faisal337
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

10. Fleming F.

Hi there! Nice to meet you:hearteyes:

11. Fleming F.

Hi, nice to meet you:kissingheart: Let's have great time in community together.

13. Devang Dhanuka , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Modular Televisions

with a high end display.. 4K HDR10+ (maybe high refresh) OLED kind of stuff, paired with a premium soundbar which contains the internals that's upgradable.. this setup can be upgraded as and when required with consistent updates and new features

MazdaZohaib likes this.
  14. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 4, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    @Fleming F. thanks for this opportunity!
    I would like to see an ama with another tech celebrity (like Zack from Jerry rig everything) maybe mkbhd etc. where they could be asked questions about how they feel about different OnePlus products over the years, how it's changed as a company to them and what they've liked and disliked over the years and their general opinion

15. X1538324337924
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

X1538324337924 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Please add Animoji and Memoji. Please try to add any one of this feature. I'm a new OnePlus user and I expect this phone already have this feature but not. I'm disappointed 😕

MazdaZohaib, Kyn0 and MosheG1 like this.
  16. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    @Fleming F. you're getting involved like you were never new...
    thanks for the opportunity so that users can vote for their next AMA topic/guest...
    I would like Zack(JerryRigEverything) to answer few questions on current hardware and how OnePlus's right steps and by listening to community users has lead to their success and creating a true flagship in the form of OnePlus 8Pro and what can we expect in terms of hardware in future because hardly the battery tech (needs a huge upgrade)also new communication tech (5G and WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 ) views about that and more community asked questions.

Again @Fleming F. thanks for the opportunity.

17. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Hello! @Fleming F.

AMA with Oxygen OS developer team would be great choice!

We love more Oxygen OS software rather than it's hardware.

It would be great chance for us to connect with this core team of OnePlus.

Fleming F. likes this.
  18. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 4, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I would like to have AMA about the working of community staff. Like OnePlus is known not only for products but also for it's community. How community staff manages this forums?

19. iharshjjain , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Jun 4, 2020 :
    AMA For

Future of OnePlus as a company for Phones, TV, new line of tech, Merchandises, etc.
    Careers.
    Life at OnePlus online / offline.

edit: I have a question.. why do tech companies like OnePlus who is open to it's community don't make phones with the help of community.. I mean u started with that need. and now u are just taking your own selected members of team and making a phone which is not only costly but also have issues. I am not here for criticising but only to help and give my feedback.

20. VincenzoCap
    Donut Jun 4, 2020

esudip and Fleming F. like this.