AMA: What's next? Share your voice!

1. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , Jun 4, 2020 :
    @Fleming F.
    Hi Fleming! Welcome to the forums.

• Are there any specific topics you'd like to see discussed in a future AMA?
    • Customer Service/After Sales, and Product Engineering.

• Is there anyone in particular that you'd like us to invite next?
    • No, I'm sure you guys will pick the right people.

• Do you have any suggestions for our AMA series?
    • Take more questions, and pay more attention to follow up questions. I also feel it would be valuable to make the thread exclusively for Q & A, and cordon the discussion to a separate thread.

Thanks!

2. rajshah2412
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

rajshah2412 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Hey @Fleming F. , Welcome to the Community. Hope you have a good time here with the Community.

Btw those are some great question which you're asking here. I bet a lot of people would want their own guests or topics to be covered in an AMA and this is the perfect way to conduct an AMA by getting the most requested topics and guests to come here and answer a few questions from our Community.

Btw, I haven't yet thought about these questions so I'll get back with it as soon as possible.

Until then, good going @Fleming F. and thanks for this thread.

3. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 4, 2020

meatandy , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Yes , feature some of your employees behind the scenes , not just from the HQ office but from R&D , customer service and the assembly team on a personal level.

4. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Jun 5, 2020

Fleming F. , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Aha, interesting idea! :tearsofjoy:

5. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 5, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    ooh! this sounds interesting!
    I would love to ask questions to people on the community staff team!

6. O1591314826779
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2020

7. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jun 5, 2020

cdnfarmer , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Very well written thread @Fleming F.

camera:
    - Selection of hardware
    - Overall direction
    - about pro mode, how to use it, when to use it, Direction for pro mode ( there is a video about Kevin Abosch and pro mode on the 5 series.) And now what?
    +Any special camera features and software / hardware what it is, when to use it, how to use it?

Key users.
    Their journey with OnePlus. Why? Etc

Product launch
    - behind the scenes
    - what is involved what so things that happen?

both from staff and user side (for #2above)
    Dsmonteiro, Crystal Z, Jimmy Z, Overdrive, Trista W, a new intern 😉, those that work behind the scenes for a product launch.
    Cheetosdust
    Yrj
    woSch
    Otto
    Meatandy
    Script

they are great. I prefer when they are on the forum vs instagram. And if on Instagram, if the Q&A can be transcribed in the forum so for those who are unable to attend can find out answers.

8. ars03
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2020

9. laiosg
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2020

laiosg , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Hmm give me some time to think! I'll update this reply soon, hopefully!

10. CharlieAlpha9 , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jun 5, 2020 :
    The older gestures were much more fluent and provided comfort for navigation I loved using them on the oneplus 6 and was disappointed to see that they were changed on my 7t

I hate accidentally going back when I'm trying to open a menu or navigate through certain apps
    and they were unique to the company, in my opinion the best gestures in any phone till date

for all those who are in favor please add a comment to bring this issue to the company's attention

11. Y1572177533166
    Froyo Jun 5, 2020

12. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jun 5, 2020

The1Lion , Jun 5, 2020 :
    I think your question of "What's Next?" is a good topic ;)

Now that OnePlus has entered the "Premium" market with it's pricing, will it have a "budget" version device? (rumored OnePlus Z)

What's Next for the OnePlus community - for instance, in NA @Ruby G. has left and for those of us that participated in contest and carried over "points", is it being tracked or is it lost now?

For the referral program - Will it just remain coupons/vouchers for Gear and Accessories or will it eventually allow a voucher for a discount on the devices as well.

OnePlus TV - Is this still a "thing"? in N/A haven't heard much about it since it launched.

Fleming F. likes this.
  13. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 5, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    great idea!

[/quote]
    I agree! I can't always make the Instagram ones but I would love to know what had happened...

14. controlcrazy
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2020

controlcrazy , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Guys expecting true wireless ear buds and laptop. when can we expect from the product, kindly make more products we are eagerly waiting. kindly make one Plus low budget TV

15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 5, 2020

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020

16. Bashiq Ali
    Froyo Jun 6, 2020

Bashiq Ali , Jun 6, 2020 :
    [e]1f449[/e][e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e]•As we know IOS give its user an different UI imterface for application like what's app and Instagram .

hope if one plus will also turn up with these thing it will be a great pleasure for all one plus users. it will take the brand at the top of the premium level.

•also about the camera algorithm used by Instagram on android it takes screenshot short whereas iOS uses its camera interface directly on instagram so it gives a best performance for them hope OnePlus may impliment these all simple things on future updates

•and also about development of an application for android devices the thing is that an application which can connect any one plus device wirelessly and offers an joystick on the other android. [e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e]

17. Lalitlove
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2020

Lalitlove , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 6, 2020 :
    I would like to see one plus music exclusive music player App. currently we have to use Google play which at least I dont like and may be others aa well.

18. BaiLin
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2020

BaiLin , Jun 6, 2020 :
    I would like to know about how to make 5G devices more price-friendly to people.

19. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 6, 2020

SeanPlus , Jun 6, 2020 :
    1. Will there be a OnePlus TV 2, and would it be available outside India (specifically the UK)?
    2. With each series, OnePlus phones have got progressively bigger. For some, including myself, these phones are now too big to use comfortably and are no longer mobile. The West's biggest players, Apple, Google and Samsung, have seen huge success with compact phones, i.e. iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 (4a coming soon?) and the Galaxy S10e, respectively. Has OnePlus considered releasing a 'Compact Killer', by which I mean a small phone with high specs, and is part of the flagship series (not to be confused with a cheaply built budget-phone)?
    3. Why did OnePlus drop the pop-up camera - it was a fantastic idea! It allows the display to be larger and uninterrupted, and also increases privacy. If it was because of the IP rating, now OP has evidenced it can develop water and dust resilient phones, will we see the pop-up camera pop up on your future devices? Personally, I'd much prefer it to an IP rating.
    4. The first OnePlus device I bought was the OP2, and something I've really missed since then is the StyleSwap Covers (in particular, the leather flip cover). Will we see another phone from OP with form factor protective cases and covers? What has put the developers off before now?
    5. How has social distancing affected the function and efficiancy of the R&D team, as well as other parts of the business? Also, has society's "new normal" changed what OnePlus aims to achieve with it's next range of devices?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.