AMA with Carl on Instagram live

1. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Apr 8, 2020

Zach X. , Apr 8, 2020 :
    AMA with Carl 2.png

Hi friends,

How are you doing? Last month, I invited @Pete as the first guest of the AMA this year. I'm glad that you guys raised some excellent questions and had chance to get the answers directly from him. I said that I would keep inviting mysterious guests to community and I'll be sure to keep my word!

This time, I'm excited to tell you that community is honored to invite @Carl to be the guest of AMA, to share about his daily life, not just at OnePlus, but and also after work! To make it even more interactive, for the first time, we are going to host this AMA on Instagram live on April 10 Friday night 11pm EST, 8pm PST. I'm sure Carl has a lots to share with you guys, like his workout routine:grin: Let's search and follow @OnePlus on Instagram!

Starting today, we’ll be collecting questions for the AMA on this thread! Feel free to ask him one question that you're interested in seeing answered. However, no product related questions will be answered here. Carl will be answering 10 of your questions during Instagram live.

The person who submits his favorite question will win an Explorer Backpack. Questions will be considered on a rolling basis until the end of the AMA event. We suggest getting yours in sooner rather later. Also, Carl will be giving away gifts at the end of the Instagram live, so don't miss it!

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

2. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Apr 13, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Congratulations! Your question was selected by @Carl as his favorite one! ;) Thank you for joining the AMA.

3. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2020

G_plusone , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Good to see @Carl back in action again. ;)
    My question is
    How does OnePlus approach the Question 'What's Next?' for Every New Phone
    I'm very curious now because How did you guys perceive OP8 series after the superb 7 series
    How you guys conceive the Next Device iteration?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020

4. A1567490363467
    Donut Apr 8, 2020

5. Bhatsaurabh07
    Donut Apr 8, 2020

oryanol, Starlord_96, AZGARDS and 6 others like this.
  6. BhavyaMehta0786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2020

BhavyaMehta0786 , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Do you actually watch anime such as Naruto(reference to halloween costume)? If yes, which anime do you think is the best(apart from Naruto [e]1f61c[/e])

7. mokolad
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2020

mokolad , Apr 8, 2020 :
    I'd like to ask @Carl:

In the current situation, we rely more and more on technology to communicate, work, and cope. What else do you think tech can do/innovate to make sure such crises don't happen in the future, or at least are handled a lot better, so society and the economy are not crippled? You know back in the day things like going into space or communicating via portable video devices were just dreams, but people went ahead and made them happen, so I would just love to hear your wildest ideas.

8. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 8, 2020

luigimario , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Hey Carl, glad that everything is still running at HQ. My question is, during the lockdown what was your favourite thing to eat? Did you order lots of take out or maybe you ate a lot of dessert? :D

9. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2020

Vignesh_chandz , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Hey @Carl , Long time !

Here is my question tingling my brains for a very long time. Might be a little different one tho.

Question : With the advent of latest technology, I kinda feel the hand held smartphones has all the latest technology it could fit in right now. Literally meaning all the latest innovations and latest tech. With producing new products how difficult is to think that there isn't something in this device which we should innovative. How difficult is it for the R&D team to find something there isn't in the smartphone and further proceeds to innovating it. (Almost everything is in the smartphone, and finding something that isn't there in a smartphone , just to bring to the next device in order to innovate and differentiate to the previous gen.)

otto2 and G_plusone like this.
  10. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 8, 2020

luigimario , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Hey Zach, cool initiative! I'm wondering if there's a way to watch the AMA for people that don't have Instagram?

11. Dhruv Kashyap , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Looks like an Amazing opportunity.

My Question would be What makes you push forward for the new technologies which each upcoming generations and do you have to make some sacrifices to the current generations to balance the future products?

Wonderwoman13 and MosheG1 like this.
  12. rahulopg4267
    Eclair Apr 8, 2020

rahulopg4267 , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 8, 2020 :
    There has been some crtisicm in India about OnePlus increasing the price of their devices year after year.

My question how OnePlus is trying to answer this question?

I hope you pick my question as me being a OnePlus user is searching for answer of the same.

13. W1575340572171
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2020

W1575340572171 , Apr 8, 2020 :

prateek reddi and G_plusone like this.
  14. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2020

florincostescu , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Hi @Carl, will you be considering to open physical presentation stores in East Europe as Xiaomi is doing since a while? I'm a Romanian, I guess Romania 🇷🇴 would be much interested in it.

Thanks
    Florin

15. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Apr 8, 2020

16. W1575340572171
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2020

W1575340572171 , Apr 8, 2020 :
    What is the uniqueness of the OnePlus 8 series compared to it's competitors?

G_plusone and MosheG1 like this.
  17. g.arjun
    Eclair Apr 8, 2020

g.arjun , Apr 8, 2020 :
    My question for @Carl would be -

How does your design philosophy evolve with every new phone ? Is the inspiration taken from what's existing in the market or based on existing user feedback alone ?

😊✌🏻

G_plusone and MosheG1 like this.
  18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Apr 8, 2020

YRJ , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Simultaneous, YouTube live would be a good idea.

19. ArthurFromPH
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2020

ArthurFromPH , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Hey Carl,

if you have to choose a buddy to start your pokemon adventure

who will be your starting pokemon?
    Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle?

20. Abhiplus
    Donut Apr 8, 2020

21. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 8, 2020