AMA with Pete: See his answers!

1. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Mar 4, 2020

jlasensiofi , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Mar 4, 2020 :
    Good afternoon @Pete. He has published a Tweet in which he asks what kind of case we would like.

Although I know it is a difficult issue to solve, I have this concern. I personally like the transparent case that comes from the factory. Lets see the beauty of the phone, although it only has one drawback. Over time it gets dark in some areas.

It is not possible to do any in this type of material but not suffer this deterioration?. It is a shame because after a certain time the phone shaves, and they are so beautiful that they deserve not to lose their beauty.

Thank you in advance.

Never Settle.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020

Wonderwoman13 likes this.
  2. deep_deswal
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2020

deep_deswal , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 4, 2020 :
    i hv one plus 5.. it's touch is too hard so whats about for latest/old model...??
    if it's possible for smoothly super touch so do it(like as other brand Samsung/Apple)...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020

3. VAANISH_CHUGH
    Gingerbread Mar 4, 2020

VAANISH_CHUGH , Mar 4, 2020 :
    Thanks @Zach X. for this wonderful opportunity

Hey @Pete

Well first of all I would like to share an experience of mine & then I'll ask a question related to it. So a few months ago I bought a new Oneplus carbon bumper case for my Oneplus 6t & after using it for some time I saw very minute scratches on the back of my phone I sent a mail to Oneplus India care as well as Oneplus India's head, I received a reply within 24 hours from South Indian regional head, I explained her my situation that my phone got scratched by using genuine Oneplus accessory, she asked me to visit Oneplus store & gave me the contact details of the store manager as well. I went to the store at brigade road Bengaluru where the support team offered me a back glass replacement for free, I was so amazed by the team's response, like no other brand will agree to change the back glass & they may charge you such amount of money where we can actually get a new Oneplus phone [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e], jokes apart I loved the experience & they asked me to wait for an hour where I spent my time playing PS4 in the care while enjoying a cup of coffee & within one hour my phone's back glass was replaced I was extremely impressed by Oneplus for providing such good care but I have observed that people still think of Oneplus as a brand whose services might not be that good & I don't know why people think so.

Coming to my question:

I would like to know how did you manage to provide so good services where as the first phone was launched by Oneplus barely 6 years ago & your services today are better than other brands which are more than 2-3 decades old & what strategy will you follow to convince buyers that your services are much better than other brands ?

4. OnePlus Kid
    Froyo Mar 4, 2020

OnePlus Kid , Mar 4, 2020 :
    Hey, Pete! I just saw a video on NexDock and was wondering, will you ever make something equivalent to Samsung Dex? Like a Oneplus Desktop Interface?

Vesko G. likes this.
  5. Jainam_96
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2020

Jainam_96 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 4, 2020 :
    Hey Pete,

OnePlus has always excelled in all aspects of the smartphone market! As you said earlier, you give features according to the requirement of the customer. I believe wireless charging has been awaited since a long time for OnePlus users. Anyway, you plan to incorporate this in the existing 7 Series apart from incorporating in the new series? Also, we all have been waiting! When are the OnePlus earbuds coming. [e]1f62d[/e] Hopefully I'd be able to afford them. 😋

6. ificanpraytherei
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

7. VinayJainOnePlus
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

nateavi likes this.
  8. G_Manav_Bansal
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2020

G_Manav_Bansal , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 5, 2020 :
    People say Oxygen OS more getter than stock google OS (Stock Andrioid). What was the inspiration behind Oxygen OS and what is the diffrence from Hydrogen OS that you have in China

9. almas_m
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

almas_m , Mar 5, 2020 :
    so much heating after upgrade.
    One plus 6 latest built
    Oxygen OS 10.3.1

10. nateavi
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2020

11. Sai_TejasS
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

Sai_TejasS , via OnePlus 3 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    when do we get wireless charging and dual front cameras one ultra wide and Normal , complete 5g smart phone with massive 5000mAh battery?with 16 GB ram

12. amit11289
    Froyo Mar 5, 2020

amit11289 , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Oneplus needs to come out with different products like watch, laptop, softwares and build an entire ecosystem.

Being a part of BBK corporation which also owns VIVO, OPPO, Realme, we have seen VIVO and OPPO launches similar phones to OnePlus, you have same power brick. What makes OnePlus different apart from Oxygen OS? And is there any restriction by parent company on OnePlus to coordinate efforts with other brands?

puccellino likes this.
  13. Deactivated User
    Mar 5, 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2020

14. Kar7hik
    Eclair Mar 5, 2020

15. sandyboxer5
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

sandyboxer5 , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    I'm big fan to @OnePlus ... Improve camera department because since every oneplus phone is coming with just 3 cameras and that too only main camera constant in every model.. Please improve camera and battery department because all mobile are improving and bringing new technology like 108 mp camera, 50w and 100 w charging, ect.. So please try to be forward in your mobiles.. Please bring mobiles in budget because we became one family in oneplus and we loved, we addicted to oneplus and All @OnePlus users are asking mostly higher battery backup with super dash charging like above 50watt and indisplay camera.Nowadays so many phones are being theft, so try any new feature that should find the oneplus device if it is theft [e]2764[/e]️ we all supported your hardwork to bring best mobile for us, so please bring your mobiles in budget, you guys are slowly going to high rage budget in mobiles.. Keep doing hard work [e]2764[/e]️ please bring new features 50w charging, indisplay camera with less cost. From 1st you introduced every oneplus phone until oneplus 7t with less cost but now slowly price is increasing [e]1f62d[/e]

16. sandyboxer5
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

sandyboxer5 , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    I'm big fan to @OnePlus ... Improve camera department because since every oneplus phone is coming with just 3 cameras and that too only main camera constant in every model.. Please improve camera and battery department because all mobile are improving and bringing new technology like 108 mp camera, 50w and 100 w charging, ect.. So please try to be forward in your mobiles.. Please bring mobiles in budget because we became one family in oneplus and we loved, we addicted to oneplus and All @OnePlus users are asking mostly higher battery backup with super dash charging like above 50watt and indisplay camera.Nowadays so many phones are being theft, so try any new feature that should find the oneplus device if it is theft [e]2764[/e]️ we all supported your hardwork to bring best mobile for us, so please bring your mobiles in budget, you guys are slowly going to high rage budget in mobiles.. Keep doing hard work [e]2764[/e]️ please bring new features 50w charging, indisplay camera with less cost. From 1st you introduced every oneplus phone until oneplus 7t with less cost but now slowly price is increasing [e]1f62d[/e]

17. Fonggggg
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

Fonggggg , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    I would like to know if oneplus might release a smartwatch sometime in the future just like samsung but better and cheaper... just like you do with phones

18. Bhuwan grg
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

VAANISH_CHUGH likes this.
  19. DarshanMeniya
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Mar 5, 2020

DarshanMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    thank you good people from oneplus for organizing this!!!! @Pete

question : why you only choose junp towards making Television instead of many different gadgets? which things inspires you most for debuting OnePlus Brand in Television World?

waiting and hoping for the "Oneplus" style "innovative" & "simple" answer...