AMA with Pete: See his answers!

1. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2020

2. James Edge , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 2, 2020 :
    what's happening regarding the OnePlus 7 pro 5g edition, we are not happy with silence pete.. not happy, had this phone for only a few days. my old edition had android 10. are we being set back here for no reason?

Emmanuel_Adams likes this.
  3. SaiVinodK
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2020

SaiVinodK , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Thanks for this opportunity @Zach X.

Hey @Pete

My question is what makes OP devices #NeverSettle, As a company at what extent OP will strive for better UX and performance, What are the challenged that are involved in this process of making OP devices #NeverSettle

And stay safe @Pete

4. Dincdogan
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2020

Dincdogan , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Hi Pete,

are you thinking of creating a SmartWatch ?
    that area has so much space for improvement and compared to other branches less strong competitors.

I think you should try it. Also what about TWS?

M1560637937357 likes this.
  5. Alex_Cerv
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2020

Alex_Cerv , Mar 2, 2020 :
    this sound interesting and may worth more than a Master response, and posting a important question to a CEO is not so easy, so i will try my best.

Why OnePlus, known for its innovative ideas, has choosen to copy the ugly punch hole front camera for 8 series, when the pop up one was magnificent, and not choose to improve it?

Is this going to be a " all same phones different only from camera race"?

Deactivated User likes this.
  6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Mar 2, 2020

YRJ , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Hey @Zach X. thanks for this thread and thank you for inviting @Pete for an AMA in the first round of Co-Creation!
    I hope Pete will answer my question, the answer is both important to the community as well as its users!

Hi @Pete ,
    The community forums is the foundation stone of the company, launched even before the OnePlus one, it was probably the most important and the only platform for the founding members to be in contact with its early bird users and the users who instilled trust in the idea of a company that would disrupt the industry. Over 6 years later, the situation might not be the same. How important do you think that the forums are for the company and you, in what way do you stay in touch and gather feedback from this space, so as to shape the future direction of OnePlus?

I wish @Carl and you could spend some time here, just like how it was in old days!
    All the best for the future.

Never Settle :)

7. Uncle timmy
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2020

Uncle timmy , Mar 2, 2020 :
    My question is
    What kind of CEO are you, the one that stays in your office, the one that spends most of your time with as many of the staff as possible, or one that splits your time with employees and your office?

Deactivated User likes this.
  8. MrLalsa
    Froyo Mar 2, 2020

MrLalsa , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 2, 2020 :
    we want or need some new features in upcoming updates.
    1. copy, move and delete option button in gallery > people, place and things catagory....
    2.transfer file between filedash to shareit or xender
    3. add new driving mode like gaming mode or reading mode for driving.
    4. in gaming mode battery reminder to hide like call or msg.
    5.full mobile cloud backup including contacts, accounts and settings.
    6.common platform for all social media accounts in self..
    7. whats app dp save in our contacts.
    8. oneplus own antivirus and cleaner app.
    and last or final messages to catagory like banks, promotions and update like that....

hope this features will be introduced asap....

thanks oneplus team. [e]1f64f[/e]🏻

will you interested or like my suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020

Gitiaru likes this.
  9. MIDHUN MATHEWS
    Donut Mar 2, 2020

10. Gatzon
    Eclair Mar 2, 2020

11. hypercode
    Froyo Mar 2, 2020

hypercode , Mar 2, 2020 :
    My question is: There will be released a charging dock (type-c) for OnePlus devices ?

Alex_Cerv likes this.

12. X1577131788330 likes this.
  13. bagufix
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2020

bagufix , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Hi @Pete , did you think to start introducing applications created by the community, e.g. Viper FX, Magisk etc. to your devices? Something like an oneplus LAB with the possibility of installing such applications

14. Gitiaruu
    Froyo Mar 2, 2020

Gitiaruu , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Hi @Pete thank you very much for taking time for our questions.

When every brand is losing themselves in a lot of different models with all most no significant change between them and a short time between launches, Oneplus stood ahead of all of them till the 7series.

I am a proud owner of a 7t, but today the community around this model and other variations of the 7 series is scattered.
    besides the awesome hardware specs and quality of build, what made oneplus what it was, was the sence of community and the continuous development from the brand and its fans.
    Even the accessories brands where dubious to choose for which model they should manufacture.

What will be the future of oneplus regarding this?
    Would be preferable to only have an entry accessible model THE REAL FLAGSHIP KILLER and a premium one?

Thanks once again

15. puccellino
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2020

puccellino , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Question for Pete:

Alloha!

What are your key criterias and focus when choosing a collaboration partner, and, in future will you ever have collaborative partners that will influence the software and apps available for oneplus phones, or allow it to exclusively interface with collaborators products?

Question for Zach
    (As im only allowed to ask Pete one question)

Did you ask Pete to fill out your jars of happiness quiz?
    :oops::rolleyes::oops:

16. gaster
    Moderator Moderator Mar 2, 2020

gaster , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Hi Pete,

Thanks for this AMA. My question is if we are gonna see the next year or even earlier, any new smartphone technologies that will lead the user experience to another level. Like a bezel less screen without notches, punch holes or pop up cameras with an under display camera plus a super fast wireless and wired charging. Thanks in advanced.

17. PurusharthD , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Google made some pretty bad choices with relation to App switcher and ease of use of Multi Window support.

Any chance OnePlus would be willing to modify or rectify these issues on its own instead of waiting on Google?

18. Mitesh_Dutta
    Eclair Mar 3, 2020

Mitesh_Dutta , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 3, 2020 :
    My Question:

Have you ever considered on releasing only one phone series per year so that people who buy your flagships in May don't feel cheated in November and also so that you guys can focus on improving just one product like Apple does?

dinakaran.sensor likes this.
  19. X1583197173874
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2020