AMAA with @Carl and @David - July 18

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member Jul 17, 2014

David S. , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Tomorrow @Carl and I will be hosting an AMAA (Ask me Almost Anything) in this very same thread. Get ready your questions, we'll start replying them at:
    • 9PM CST
    • 3PM CET
    • 9AM EDT
    • 6AM PDT
    This one is going to be our third AMAA, so if you want to understand better what an AMAA is or what we have already been asked in the past, click one of the links below:
    Oh, and if you can't be here on time, no worries, next week we'll be hosting another AMAA on the OnePlus subreddit!

PRK.R, arof, jimmydc and 92 others like this.
  2. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member Jul 18, 2014

David S. , Jul 18, 2014 :
    Open!

One question per post.

EDIT:

This AMAA will end at:

• 10:15PM CST
    • 4:15PM CET
    • 10:15AM EDT
    • 7:15AM PDT
    EDIT at 10:15PM CST: The AMAA is over, thanks for participating, we're really looking forward our next AMAA on reddit (r/oneplus/).

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014

PRK.R, arof, jlasensiofi and 3 others like this.
  3. jhajhria
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

jhajhria , Jul 18, 2014 :
    I am pretty sure the answer would contains words like those said by a politician but still i would go ahead and ask and prove myself right.

Q1: We are not asking about your total production but you can very well give number of invites being sent to members of this forum. so why such a mystery in that?

EDITED BY ADMIN: Please, one question per post.

4. miichael.lee
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

miichael.lee , Jul 18, 2014 :
    How about making changes to the Canadian shipping options? It is truly devastating that we have to pay $130 more than Americans for the phone after shipping, duty, and additional taxes upon the American tax already being included in the original price.

5. Plenkske
    Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 18, 2014

Plenkske , Jul 18, 2014 :
    I have my One since June so I should get the share invites pretty quickly after next monday, I guess.
    I was wondering if I get an email on receiving the invites, or do I have to check the oneplus account occasionally ? Also because I go on a holiday soon...

andriuhe32, deecee and sjhann like this.
  6. Arfir98
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

7. laurenst
    Froyo Jul 18, 2014

8. Electronsclipper
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2014

nilrb and sneky022 like this.
  9. So_ony
    KitKat Community Expert Jul 18, 2014

So_ony , Jul 18, 2014 :
    If I have a problem with my phone. Do I have to pay for sending it back to you for repairing it? (Within 14 Days)

10. wtosh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2014

11. dcoas
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2014

dcoas , Jul 18, 2014 :
    Hi @David S.!

I am interested on asking on future plans, I know that Oneplus project it is at is start, but which are the future plans? Is it possible to have a sneack peek on future devices?

12. zorglub
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2014

zorglub , Jul 18, 2014 :
    Will French buyers who already received their OPO receive an headset, or is there any plan to include a headset with the OPO in the future to comply with French law?

TheArowanaDude and kouniboy like this.
  13. Daniel Bray

Daniel Bray , Jul 18, 2014 :
    What is an early supporter in your eyes?
    Would someone like me receive an invite in the next week??

Axara and ParthThakur like this.
  14. DanielFran

15. jhajhria
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

Q2: Are there any plans of making oneplus available in India through same eCommerce method which you are using currently? don't just say that you are trying to make it available in as many countries as possible as that is not the answer. and i am not just talking about India. other countries as well. are you planning on it? if your plans are for your next flagship then please let all those people from other countries know and move on. if your plans are like
    " yes we are working on it and will probably launch it next month" and then next month you make a thread "sorry for delay but lunching to so and so country delayed for another month" and so on for every month.

What we want is not exact but approximate time. like " we are trying to launch next month but it might get delayed another month but even in worst case scenario it will be launched in these countries withing 3 months"

See what i did there? tell us the worst case scenario so we all can quit. because many people here like me saved up for 700-800$ phone but with oneplus right on horizon i spent that extra money and now i am stuck. so if you say that your next flagship will be the one available in my country but not this one or this one will take 3-4 months in worst case scenario then i will start saving again and go for another phone.

gowtham, nilrb, keshwa and 5 others like this.
  16. wmm
    KitKat Jul 18, 2014

wmm , Jul 18, 2014 :
    You've recently changed your RMA procedures so that the customer can choose his/her own shipping method instead of having to use an expensive pick-up service. Thanks! Could you give some additional details on that? Does the phone have to be returned to China (some speculated that that was the reason the pick-up service was so expensive), or does it go back to some regional center?

sjhann likes this.
  17. Rohit D
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2014

Rohit D , Jul 18, 2014 :
    Carl, David, now that the invites are rolling out faster. At what point do you expect an end user to add the phone to shipping basket and buy?

nahaluk, Asd2724815 and Daniel Bray like this.
  18. TheTubTruck
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2014

TheTubTruck , Jul 18, 2014 :
    Any words on UK pricing for the Styleswap covers?

Ps. The phone is a BEAST, keep up the good work!

19. jhajhria
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

Q3: How come there are more than enough phones being sold by re-sellers for double drive when you don't have enough to even give away here. Now i can only think of these reasons you can choose whichever fits or give us much better answer

a. you are actually trying to make it sort of exclusive phone by making the people work so hard to get one and with the help of re-sellers making profit. so that you can earn way more profit. at-least that's how big companies and corporations or politicians act. nothing wrong with you. if you were actually only giving to the people for 350$ then you would be called crazy. but this reason sits perfectly well.

b. 2nd reason is that your distribution team or whatever team responsible is not qualified enough.

c. 2rd reason someone else is trying to profit. who must have some link your company to do that.

d. You people are all new just out of college and this is your first job so you people really don't know what you are doing.

e. you started with good intentions but it turned out to be more then you can chew and now you don't have enough money. so you are working to get some sponsors or money or going the eCommerce way to make some profit for selling it at double price and then get back in the game when you have enough money.

f. fill this yourself

20. rzzach
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

rzzach , Jul 18, 2014 :

I wouldn't hold my breath at any of the USA accessories. None of which are worth purchasing.

damselb and dc2000 like this.