AMAA with @Carl and @David - July 18

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johan68
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2014

Johan68 , Jul 20, 2014 :
    I saw a group from "Orange County" in North America that organized here, I thought about asking them if they will have to pay cash since they are slightly further along compared to other Northamerican areas and actually already have declared bancruptcy.... then I realized they might not see the fun in such a comment and kept quiet. Maybe something for you to do as well as you wait for the Canadian housing market to go the US way.

2. raveno123
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2014

3. krazy00
    Donut Jul 20, 2014

krazy00 , Jul 20, 2014 :
    Continue with the good job One Plus!!! Thanks for the opportunity to change! :D

4. crowny13
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2014

crowny13 , Jul 20, 2014 :
    I can't wait for the housing market to crash like in the US. Ill finally be able to afford that 2 million house that i always wanted

5. Haridas
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2014

Haridas , Jul 20, 2014 :
    You did a pretty big mistake by not including India as one of your launch countries.. We are one of the biggest markets for electronic goods

6. yash_7348
    Donut Jul 20, 2014

yash_7348 , Jul 20, 2014 :
    As the frustration of the Indian fans is increasing without any doubt, will we ever get a chance to get an invite and own a Oneplus One?

7. Juiceman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2014

8. fksgs2
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2014

9. damselb
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2014

damselb , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Wow....just got to the end of this!!
    My question is are you selling shares in your business?

10. vijeshv1
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2014

vijeshv1 , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Very true.. Otherwise I wouldn't have got one..:)

damselb likes this.
  11. ThomsonV7
    Gingerbread Jul 21, 2014

ThomsonV7 , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Eesh, some moderators to lurk the forums would be good. Thread turned pretty toxic.

12. Konzure
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

Konzure , Jul 22, 2014 :
    The problem is the EU law clearly states that the customer has to pay the shipping even if the object bought is worth more then 40€. But there is also something they overlocked as well. Until they inform their customers in the conformation email to the order or via another email that they can revoke the order and return it within 14 days, the customer gets a full year to return the phone. Mentioning it in a forum or placing it randomly on the webpage doesn't really cut the cake in that regard, especially if not translated.

JackedX likes this.
  13. JackedX
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 22, 2014

JackedX , Jul 22, 2014 :
    Even if they had the law on their side, In my opinion paying for the shipping fee is a service they should provide to account for the inconvenience of the customer receiving a defect product.

14. Konzure
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

Konzure , Jul 22, 2014 :
    No offence, but it's not the first time I've seen a dude with (ok less professional) nailpolish. He got repeatedly ambushed by his 8yo daughter including spontaneous hairstyling. Now we call him the Lady in red. :D:rolleyes:

15. Konzure
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

Konzure , Jul 22, 2014 :
    If the phone wasn't sold with a no-profit policy in the first place I would agree with you. As it stands all the "try it out for a week then return" people could easily ruin the company that way. There was a sharp decrease in that kind of behavior once my country had adapted the EU law (before the change the company had to pay the shipping fees for the return of any item with a value of greater then 40€ and they couldn't even refuse customers because of that repeated behavior).

16. Konzure
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

Konzure , Jul 22, 2014 :
    Serves you well. Whatever the source was, you did chose it, did you not?

Ever heard of travel preparations? :rolleyes:

17. Konzure
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

Konzure , Jul 22, 2014 :
    Why do I get the feeling that you already got your VIP discount card for kfc or mcd, for daily eating there? :)

Chicken!

18. Konzure
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

Konzure , Jul 22, 2014 :
    There is no problem with ordering or paying for the phone as far as I know it. All they have to do is to get a decent forwarding address or postal redelivery service and be prepared that they have to return the phone to a country that is in the list if they have any RMA issues.

19. JackedX
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 22, 2014

JackedX , Jul 22, 2014 :
    I hear what you are saying and you make a valid point, however we are talking about a serious defect here, people who can prove through pictures or video that their screen has the yellow band (and thus are not just trying the phone out for a week) should get a replacement no matter what.

20. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2014