Amazon Alexa app

1. sanyamkamat
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2017

sanyamkamat , Sep 27, 2017 :
    I am not able to install Amazon Alexa app on new One plus 3T phone as it's showing as incompatible with it. Is anyone able to install the app so they can use it with Alexa or Alexa dot devices?

AnayaDic likes this.
  2. AnayaDic
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2018

AnayaDic , Mar 26, 2018 :
    You can download Alexa app which is available for mobile, computer, and tablet.

1. Compatibility- Alexa app is available on:

· Fire OS 3.0 or higher

· Android 5.0 or higher

· iOS 9.0 or higher

2. To download Alexa app, Go to the app store on your mobile device and search for "Alexa App" or select a below:

->Amazon App store

->Google Play

->Apple App store

3. jacquelineflores
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

jacquelineflores , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Download Alexa app for your devices such as Windows, Android phone, iOS, and MAC.
    First, make sure your device is compatible or not with Alexa.
    To download an app, go to play stores such as Google Play store, Apple App Store and Amazon App store. Search by entering Alexa App and download it on your device.
    A version on which Alexa is available :
    Fire OS 3.0 or higher
    Android 4.4 or higher
    iOS 8.0 or higher

4. Ashwil
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

Ashwil , Nov 3, 2018 :
    I am using OP 5T and I am not able to download as it shows as the attached..
    1541219675648.jpg
    Please refer the attachment..

5. Ashwil
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

Ashwil , Nov 3, 2018 :
    I am not able to download Alexa app.
    First thing is this app is not shown in my play store at all.
    And when I try to download it directly it gives below statement..
    View attachment 900458
    can u please help me on this..?

6. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2018

rahulmm , Nov 8, 2018 :
    You are trying to install the app from a country where Amazon has not officially launched Alexa service. Either that or the country on your Google Account is an unsupported one.

Either ways, I'd recommend you to sideload the apk file from apkmonk or something. Note that you have to download an apk version that's compatible with your phone architecture. For 3T it would be x64 ARM or something on those lines.

Here's a link:
    https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.amazon.dee.app

If you do not know how to install an apk file, just Google it, it is a very common thing that people do. It's easy to do and you will find the steps and do it yourself in no time.

7. VRKM
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2019

VRKM , Aug 8, 2019 :
    I could not download Amazon Alexa app as it is not available in google store and when tried to download from website, it says "this item is not available in your country". I purchased 7 Pro online from UAE. please resolve issue.

8. VRKM
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2019

VRKM , Aug 8, 2019 :
    same issue with me also

9. VRKM
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2019

VRKM , Aug 8, 2019 :
    could not install apkmonk also error message is coming.

10. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2019

rahulmm , Aug 8, 2019 :
    I can't help you if you can't be detailed. You have given me no useful information to help you.

11. W1567768210126
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2019

W1567768210126 , Sep 6, 2019 :
    Whenever you turn on the Follow-Up mode in Alexa apps, you can make many requests without repeating the default word.This mode is available on most of hand free Alexa enabled devices. The blue indicator light on any Amazon Echo app remains on for a few seconds so that you come to know that Alexa App is active. Alexa Amazon App can operate with Windows as well as Mac Devices. You just need the reliable internet connection such as Wi-Fi with windows Os7 and above. Setting up of Alexa Amazon App in windows by download the Alexa App. Open the download folder then install the Alexa App for Alexa setup.

12. smithlucy53
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2019

smithlucy53 , Oct 1, 2019 :
    Alexa App is compatible with the android version 5.0 or more
    If your mobile has operating system version of 5.0 or more then only you can download alexa app
    For downloading the alexa follow the steps:
    - Open the app store and type "Alexa App" on top of search box
    - Click on the Alexa App that is developed by amazon.
    - Wait till the process of downloading and installing gets completed.
    - Open the app and run the echo setup process.
    - Enjoy the amazing features of alexa.

Sometimes after the android version update devices face some issues which includes downloading issues from playstore as well.
    For this type of issues follow the below steps that help to resolve the playstore issues:
    Method 1: Turn of Data Saver
    Method 2: Uninstall updates for the google playstore

13. Jossy Lena
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2019

Jossy Lena , Oct 15, 2019 :
    "Device not Compatible" A message showing in Google Play Store!!!
    To fix this error “your device is not compatible with this version” message, try to clear the Google Play Store cache, and data. Next, open Google Play Store and again try installing that app again. This will erase everything on that app, and instantly get rid of corrupt files that are main cause for error. Select setting of OP3T then click on Applications>Google Play Store. Open Google play store then clean cache data, this will help start app from initial stage.
    OR
    Check your phone is updated Android system or not. Because Alexa needs updated system with compatible devices.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019