Amazon music with prime app not working??

1. husslord
    Donut Sep 3, 2014

husslord , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Hey guys!! I am setting up my brothers phone right now and I am adding his apps for him and we both have Amazon prime and use it to buy music off there as well. However, when I went to click on the app it says its not compatible with the device?? I went and opened it on my Oneplus one and no issues, but checked the app store and it said the same thing on my phone; not compatible, but it works? Anyone know what is going on with this?

2. milkdude
    KitKat Sep 3, 2014

3. milkdude
    KitKat Sep 3, 2014

milkdude , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Just to add, Amazon music works fine, but Amazon Video is not compatible with a lot of devices. Edit I assume you are talking about the music app itself. and not try to get music through your amazon app.

4. husslord
    Donut Sep 3, 2014

husslord , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Nope can't add Amazon music with prime as it's called now. I have it on my other oneplus one but rebooted the phone a few times and nothing.... Weird unless it's under a different name, but the orange icon Amazon I can't download

5. Deltido
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

Deltido , Sep 3, 2014 :
    I'm having the same issue. Hopefully some wise android guru will come to our rescue about this problem.

husslord likes this.
  6. Deltido
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

Deltido , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Okay, I guess I'm the android guru that I was seeking. I downloaded the apk and it works fine. You can find it here and it should sideload without issue:
    http://www.apk4fun.com/down/11324/

husslord likes this.
  7. husslord
    Donut Sep 3, 2014

Deltido likes this.
  8. hurrai
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

9. praskris
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2014

10. opo.mogli
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2014

opo.mogli , Oct 20, 2014 :
    I downloaded it from the amazon app store and it works on my opo without problems...

11. Seb100C
    Froyo Oct 20, 2014

Seb100C , Oct 20, 2014 :
    Obviously, like for X-Com, a "product name" filter is used by Amazon.
    I did the install a while ago.
    But since I did a reset and my "One" is now "A0001", I cant install back.
    X-Com is now fixed (I made a support request about it), I'll ask amazon now...

12. hankster
    Donut Oct 29, 2014

13. MDSkinner
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2014

MDSkinner , Oct 29, 2014 :
    I recently did a factory reset, am still on 38R but found that it is working today. To install this, I installed the Amazon App store and then installed Amazon Music from there. It is working great so far where it did not work at all after upgrading to the 38R version.

So it may be worth trying to uninstall and then reinstall going through the Amazon App store.

jhoff likes this.
  14. hankster
    Donut Nov 10, 2014

hankster , Nov 10, 2014 :
    This did not work for me. Still crashes on launch, report errror to Amazon, repeat...

15. Hatha807
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2014

Hatha807 , Nov 10, 2014 :
    Any chance you've got too many devices linked to the account? Amazon has a limit and you may have to delete old devices you're not using anymore.

16. hankster
    Donut Nov 11, 2014

17. droidman69
    Donut Nov 22, 2014

droidman69 , Nov 22, 2014 :
    Here's what I needed to do to solve the "crashing".

1. Uninstall crashing "Amazon Music".
    2. Go to Settings, Security, check Unknown Sources.
    3. Run Amazon application. (If you do not have this app, install from Google Play Store first.)
    4. Search in the application search line for Amazon music app for Android. It should find the one for Android device. (not PC or Mac)
    5. Select Open on the top right and it should start to download and another screen should open and ask for you to install.

So far, I'm not encountering any crashes. I'll update if I have more issues. Because Google Play Store says this app is not compatible with my device, then I thought, well, then let's get it direct from Amazon Store. This way, you also help avert any issues from obtaining a copy of the app from an undesirable site, or possible infections. Also, it seems to be working with my account, and it is Prime.

Hope this helps everyone out, see what is successful for you and let us know.
    :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

18. hankster
    Donut Nov 24, 2014

hankster , Nov 24, 2014 :
    Mine stopped crashing this weekend. Maybe Amazon made a back end change to help. Friday it was crashing, Saturday it stopped (fingers crossed...).

19. bobbyw24
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2014