Ambient display feature request

1. Manoj8001
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

Manoj8001 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    This has been bugging me since i got my Oneplus 6 in may, ambient display only works when you lift up the phone at 90 degree angle cause of this you can't check the time if you are in bed by just tilting the phone towards you, I had lumia 1520 and it had glance screen and the lift up display used to work at any angle and i think this is how it still works in other android devices with ambient display options. I hope oneplus will improve on this lift up display to make it activate from any angle. Sorry if i have posted this in wrong section.

G_Wen_Ou_cajr likes this.
  2. sergioreja
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2018

3. LorenStuck
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2018

LorenStuck , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I just tried, and it will activate at less than 90 degrees. In fact, picking the phone straight up from the table (flat), I was able to get it to activate. I did notice if you lifted it slow enough it wouldn't come on (likely because it knows better).

4. Manoj8001
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

Manoj8001 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    That's not the point, how do you pick up the phone lying down on bed? 90 degree?

5. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 7, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Nov 7, 2018 :
    You can always provide feedback to OnePlus by using this link: https://www.oneplus.com/support/complaints

LorenStuck and Kytharsis like this.
  6. LorenStuck
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2018

LorenStuck , Nov 7, 2018 :
    I don't. If I need the time, I have a real life clock that displays in the night, a watch I can check, or if I absolutely can't figure the time out with those choices. I use the power button on the phone. Reading your post, I was under the impression Ambient display on your phone was less sensitive than others. Hence my post.

7. Deactivated User
    Nov 7, 2018

LorenStuck and ngydat like this.
  8. ngydat
    KitKat Nov 7, 2018

ngydat , Nov 7, 2018 :
    Your example isn't the best one : ambient display or not, you have to reach for your phone and lift it up to read time anyway

9. Manoj8001
    Donut Nov 11, 2018

Manoj8001 , Nov 11, 2018 :
    That works for me, i'm talking about other angles other than just picking up like tilting right or left.