[Answered] Ambient display

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Robert_Vrabec_kGdt
    Froyo Sep 26, 2017

G_Robert_Vrabec_kGdt , Sep 26, 2017 :
    I like that you changed ambient display from move over the screen to pick up the phone I think it's way better, but now it's not more available to make interaction with notification or you can't take control over the music player directly from ambient display instead of that you have to wait up your screen. This is not good solution by my opinion, pls pull back this option.

2. filipeviola
    Eclair Sep 26, 2017

filipeviola , Sep 26, 2017 :
    I would like ambient display to go back to Wave Gesture over proximity sensor instead of picking up the phone.
    My hands get dirty at work and I did not had to touch the phone to see notifications.
    Is there a way I can keep 4.5.0 and get this feature back?

3. G_Robert_Vrabec_kGdt
    Froyo Sep 27, 2017

G_Robert_Vrabec_kGdt , Sep 27, 2017 :
    even better solution could be add possibility to choose whether we can use proximity or gravity sensor for ambient display.

4. greenjeeper
    Donut Sep 27, 2017

greenjeeper , Sep 27, 2017 :
    Also I need the proximity sensor for the ambient display. Would be nice if this would be adjustable

5. Vignesh Karthisan
    Froyo Sep 27, 2017

Vignesh Karthisan , Sep 27, 2017 :
    Please OnePlus, add this feature, people get best of both features as per their wish.

6. cjwoodsy9999
    Donut Sep 27, 2017

cjwoodsy9999 , Sep 27, 2017 :
    As a cyclist I use my phone with a touchscreen-sensitive bag mount on the bike. I use a bike user profile that doesn't lock the phone. However, when the screen goes to sleep the only way to wake the device through these screens is the proximity sensor or the power button (double taps and the fingerprint sensor don't work in user profiles). The power button is awkward through a phone "bag". I'm not going to update with this release if I can help it as the OP3 on the bike will be useless without it. Love my OP3 - bring back the proximity wake!

7. jhan523
    Donut Sep 27, 2017

jhan523 , Sep 27, 2017 :
    +1 on bringing back proximity wake. If not, then at least being able to interact with the notifications on lift up display. It's redundant to pick up the phone and the screen turns on, but have to hit the power button to access anything.

8. DrVikTroll
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2017

DrVikTroll , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Exactly! I hate when creators try to tell us what's best for us instead of letting us choose. Customizability is key at all areas!

9. infos
    Donut Sep 28, 2017

infos , Sep 28, 2017 :
    I agree. Please add a choice. It makes me trouble in the car. The display turns on automatically.

10. Tisch
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2017

Tisch , Sep 28, 2017 :
    I'd love to have the choice which one to use. I don't see the point in the new way. If I have to hold the phone in my hand, I can unlock it anyway. It was so convenient to just wave my hand over it, see all notifications and swipe them away, skip a song, etc. without turning the display on or even unlock the phone.

11. Vignesh Karthisan
    Froyo Sep 30, 2017

12. Saggia9
    Donut Oct 2, 2017

Saggia9 , Oct 2, 2017 :
    +1

Bring the proximity wave back please.

Addind the option to let the user choose if he prefers the proximity or the lift io is the best way!

13. Vignesh Karthisan
    Froyo Oct 4, 2017

Vignesh Karthisan , Oct 4, 2017 :
    Please OnePlus, if u are verifying, then please take a look at the 4.5.0 thread. I know u guys won't have the time to scroll through all messages. So, please conduct an online poll through Google forms and get the best and the most popular decision on this topic. I vote for proximity wake and lift to wake options, selectable by the user

14. Sacob
    Donut Oct 5, 2017

Sacob , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Found a solution for this great new surprise that oneplus decided to give us. there's a app called Ambi-Turner that announces this feature. going to try it right now.

BTW, great job oneplus.. our phones get's worst every time you decide to update it.

15. Saggia9
    Donut Oct 5, 2017

Saggia9 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Good advice to use Ambi-Tuner.

I tried also, but it seems that the "wave to wake" function is only in the pro version.

I still hope that OP fix this asap.

I'd rather not to pay a third party app to restore a system feature...

16. G_Alberto_Moreno_Sánche
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2017

G_Alberto_Moreno_Sánche , Oct 5, 2017 :
    And what about always active display ON? With or without notifications like the galaxy s7. The meabing of active display is screen always ON, why turn off the screen after some seconds? Let us choice, of course, but they should include the possibility of keep it ON always.

17. AndreCastro
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2017

AndreCastro , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Please restore the proximity wake feature. The lift up isn't as reliable (sometimes it doesn't do anything if the motion wasn't exactly the expected one) and doesn't let you interact with notifications.

18. G_Thiago_Nais_IeuC
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2017

G_Thiago_Nais_IeuC , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I agree with everyone, I hated 4.5.0, I loved the feature of waving to the phone and being able to interact with the notifications, it is much worse now!! Besides, having to pick up the phone to see the notifications, normalmente only we are not being able to interact with them, the screen is lightning on it's own whenever I drive and my phone is on the panel, because the movement of the car makes the screen understand that the phone is being moved.

PLEASE ONEPLUS, at least let us have the option to choose which feature we want, I miss the ambient display being as it was before, I loved my Oneplus having the function of waving and lighting up and interacting with the notifications, give us that back!

19. TK_Aut
    Donut Oct 5, 2017

TK_Aut , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I just can say it again... (we will fight for this function) :)

This was also a great function for me, I used it daily and often. Even in bed, when I wanted to know what time it is - handwave and it was clear that I can still sleep, now I have to take it into the hand or search a button in half sleep.
    For people working in an office, this function is also a big relief.
    I also understand that this is not a bug, rather a changed functionality.
    Possibly you could still offer the old function with the hand over wipe still as an option. That would be awesome!
    Please have an ear for the users
    Thanks, Thomas

20. G_Robert_Vrabec_kGdt
    Froyo Oct 5, 2017

G_Robert_Vrabec_kGdt , Oct 5, 2017 :
    an give us back direct interaction with notification from ambient display, not only if we wake up display after button hitting

bexo92 and Vignesh Karthisan like this.