AMOLED display - dark colors motion blur

1. M457ERM1ND
    Donut Mar 18, 2019

M457ERM1ND , Mar 18, 2019 :
    Hello everyone,

I don't know whether this is a thing that happens on every phone that has an Amoled display or an issue.
    Since I got my OP6T, I didn't quite care about it but after a time I can recognize the problem and it's not very nice.

It happens usually when the phone is on lower brightness when for example I'm scrolling down the Messenger which now has a dark mode. When I scroll up or down through the messages, they get blurred with blue colors because there is dark (turned off) pixels close to bright pixels and when the colors move through the screen, the pixels kind of can't keep up with the speed and turn themselves on as fast as the colors move.

It's great to have dark themes everywhere in the system and apps to save battery and not hurt your eyes so much as when on a white theme but this motion blur is really annoying.

So my question is, do you guys experience similar issues? Or is it just some problem with my 6T and I should ask for a repair.

PS: If you are not sure, please download this app and run the motion blur test so you could see whether the pixels light up normally or with a delay as on my device. Thank you
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oledtools

amiraibani likes this.
  2. amiraibani
    Donut Mar 18, 2019

amiraibani , Mar 18, 2019 :
    YESS. I've noticed the same on my OP6, running Reddit on AMOLED dark mode and with night mode on. It's gets really blurry!!

M457ERM1ND likes this.
  3. Z2ROCOOL
    Froyo Mar 18, 2019

Hydra Bob and M457ERM1ND like this.
  4. Predict23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2019

Predict23 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    Indeed annoying, i really want OnePlus to use better display for the next device.
    Maybe with higher refresh rate or lower latency

5. amiraibani
    Donut Mar 18, 2019

amiraibani , Mar 18, 2019 :
    but I'm kinda glad it's like this. we rarely get any screen burn issue. most ppl I know with a Samsung have a burn in issue with the led screen. plus replacements are cheap.

Predict23 and Hydra Bob like this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Mar 18, 2019

Predict23 likes this.