An Introduction of the Screen Recorder

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jun 21, 2019

Gary C. , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Want to share fabulous gaming moments with friends when they are on the other side of the screen? Want to tell beloved family members how to use a cool feature on the phone while they are not close by?

Notice something similar in these two scenarios? They are two situations where a screen recorder can really shine and help you. You can record the contents on your display to share with our friends and families to either help them or share your accomplishments with them.

It's true that all kinds of screen recording apps are already available for users, but none of them natively support recording system sounds from the phone itself, which might be considered a major flaw in product design.
    Now, OnePlus has launched our own Screen Recorder which is simple and easy to use. It aims to help you capture what you want, when you want. The video can be anything, from great gaming moments to a tutorial for a feature. So what are those moments that you feel like capturing?

How to Use Screen Recorder
    1) Screen Recorder can be quickly accessed either from Quick Settings or the Shelf after adding a shortcut in Toolbox.
    Screen Recorder_场景EN_01.png
    2) Upon launching the app, you will see a floating widget composed of just three components, making it rather easy, yet satisfying, to use. Just arrive at the page that you want to start, and tap the red button to begin recording.

3) When the recording is under way, all that goes on the screen will be perfectly recorded. During this period, you can pause it whenever you want by tapping on the pause button on the left. And then you can also choose to continue or finish recording. You can also decide to keep recording until the last second without any interruptions. When it ends, you can either choose to immediately share it with others or delete it if you prefer.

4) Please note that you can also pause or end recording from the status bar.
    Screen Recorder_场景EN_02.png

We are looking forward to receiving your feedback
    If you have any problem or suggestions about this feature, please feel free to get back to us by using Feedback in the Settings for Screen Recorder.
    Screen Recorder_场景EN_03.png

Tips:
    1. Screen Recorder can record the system sounds that come from the phone. So if you find the volume of the recorded video is too low, you can try turning up the device’s volume before recording next time.
    2. Alert tones might also be recorded in the process. If you deem them as annoying, you can turn off the notification sound prior to recording.
    3. The recorded file will reach up to 3GB for a twenty-minute video. So watch out for your phone’s storage space, as the recording will be interrupted unexpectedly or even fail to launch if the storage space is running out.
    4. When answering voice calls from the Phone or other third-party apps, screen recording won’t be paused, but conversations over the phone will not be recorded.

2. GopalB.
    Nougat Jun 21, 2019

GopalB. , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Its not used much (only to show how to replicate the bug) by me... But having this makes many users happy I guess... [​IMG]
    Anyway, nice explanation for something as simple as "screen recorder"... [​IMG]
    Can there be a shortcut for this just like screenshot???

3. teduslie
    Froyo Jun 21, 2019

teduslie , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Nice thought of having shortcut just like the screenshot. [e]1f44d[/e]

Tian8 and FlixbusLennart like this.
  4. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 21, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Jun 21, 2019 :
    I loved loved loved the introduction of the screen recorder!
    Back when I played Asphalt 9, I shared a lot of gameplay with my guys. I also do some UX Design and I record the testing process, as well as showing others how mobile apps work when the user really interacts. I could do that on my PC, but it's just not the same...

Hafeez Lucky likes this.
  5. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 21, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Nice idea. Maybe use the VolUp+Power button, which currently only triggers something that isn't supported by OOS but still in AOSP code. ;-)

jacobcsantos and teduslie like this.
  6. GopalB.
    Nougat Jun 21, 2019

GopalB. , Jun 21, 2019 :
    That's what I was thinking as well...
    Vol down+Power for screen shot and Vol up+Power for screen recording...

7. fabio_lt
    Froyo Jun 21, 2019

fabio_lt , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Nice feature, I used it to create a video demo of a web app's MVP. Sometimes it would turn out to be very useful to have the possibility to export the recorded video as a GIF.

LeoOnePlus6t likes this.
  8. DragonicOverlord
    Eclair Jun 21, 2019

9. fabio_lt
    Froyo Jun 21, 2019

It's already available in the open beta for the OP6/6T

iamsourav and Nuzzle000 like this.
  10. faisal337
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

faisal337 , Jun 21, 2019 :
    It's great to have inbuilt screen recorder and showoff our Gameplay videos to friends

The Third party apps work good, but getting the internal video is a pain. Thank you for adding this feature :)

preetham1239 likes this.
  11. L1546722588760
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

L1546722588760 , Jun 21, 2019 :
    where do i get the beta version?? as i really need to test out the screen recorder bro!! and also one more thing is i couldn't finish downloading files which sizes more than a gb ex. pubg mobile whose size is 2.04 gb....after completing 1 gb download it stops automatically even though I've a good 4g connection....and this happens every single time even if i cancel the download and start it over all again!!

12. G_Rupesh_Lama_dAvR
    Eclair Jun 21, 2019

13. fabio_lt
    Froyo Jun 21, 2019

Just refer to this page, there's a bullet for your case and the link to the relative procedure.

For what concerns the other problem, just try to reach out the customer service, they'll probably ask you to provide a log and they'll guide you along the process.

14. Aakash360
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2019

Aakash360 , Jun 21, 2019 :
    Reporting a bug :-

Steps of replicating (comes up once in 5-6 times):-

1.) Open Netflix.
    2.) Play a video.
    3.) Move the Netflix window in PiP mode.
    4.) Open apps with app locker activated.
    5.) The screen glitches with black and all fingerprint readers over the screen, like 12-15 frigerprint reader at once.
    6.) Remove the Netflix PiP window.
    7.) Everything works fine.

Abhi Dahiya and G_plusone like this.
  15. E1555340623858
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

Y1543672095865 likes this.
  16. M1551002279911
    Donut Jun 21, 2019

Rggokhale and Y1543672095865 like this.
  17. DragonicOverlord
    Eclair Jun 21, 2019

Mithesh_k likes this.