An open post to Oneplus Customer Service

1. Jima330
    Froyo Jun 15, 2015

Jima330 , Jun 15, 2015 :
    My microphone stopped working and there have been numerous hoops to jump through trying to get it fixed. I have taken many pictures of my phone, cover on cover off, inside, outside. I have uploaded 2 videos to youtube to share with Cust Support and now they want me to set an appointment so I can connect my phone to my PC and let them have remote access to my PC. And when I went to the site, there were no slots available. Really? I have let Microsoft have access to my PC because they were fixing something on the PC. But to fix my phone? All this so you don't have to pay to ship it and fix it? Are you trying to wear me down so I just give up and throw the broken phone away? What is the difference between a Oneplus and a Nexus? The price? Oh yes the price to be sure. But if you have a broken Nexus, they don't ask you for access to your PC, they honor their word and fix your phone. Does some of the $600 that phone costs line the pockets of the shareholders? No doubt, but I bet they spend way more on Customer service than you do. I have been without this phone for 10 days and have only reached the point where you want to access my private PC to fix it. Can you tell me why you won't just take the phone back and fix it? You may officially put me down in the group of highly dissatisfied customers, your Customer Service is the worst I have ever dealt with, and believe me, I didn't want it to be that way. Since there seems to be no other way to contact you for a reasonable response, I wrote to you here.

The OnePlus fanboys may commence flaming me now, I don't really care. Nothing can shame me more than having trusted this company in the first place.

2. SparkkIt
    Honeycomb Jun 15, 2015

SparkkIt , Jun 15, 2015 :
    My microphone is on the fritz too. I'm hoping that I don't have to go to customer service, but i haven't found a fix :(

Frozenprakash and lostLambda like this.
  3. williw
    Honeycomb Jun 15, 2015

williw , Jun 15, 2015 :
    Interested on the OP2?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

Takendown, B-Rad, t4ww4b and 2 others like this.
  4. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Jun 15, 2015

Ivanpoocky13 , Jun 15, 2015 :
    This is still a startup. Don't compare it to big brands. If you know there's a raquitic costumer service then why buy the phone?. I have been quite happy with he customer support and respect the brand. Kudos OnePlus!

5. MrIanB
    Jelly Bean Jun 15, 2015

MrIanB , Jun 15, 2015 :
    I would not call OnePlus customer service, "customer service" as every company has. The stories should have closed this company out of business last year. Good luck!

6. FluffyWooden
    Eclair Jun 15, 2015

FluffyWooden , Jun 15, 2015 :
    I wish you the best of luck, my friend. I hope I never have to deal with their customer service.

7. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Jun 15, 2015

bakerbarber , Jun 15, 2015 :
    Apologist.

Being a startup is no excuse.

You seem to totally lack empathy. So what if you're phone doesn't have problems? If it did, and they gave you the run around, would you still give them kudos??? You think all these people are making these stories up or something?

SMH...

8. Radeon962
    KitKat Jun 15, 2015

Radeon962 , Jun 15, 2015 :
    I did not have issues with mine either as an early supporter but with all the hoops that OnePlus makes a customer go through if they do have issues is beyond ridiculous.

Quit leaning on them being a "startup". Most startups go out of theIr way to make sure a customer has a great experience. Pete Lau was VP of OPPO and so he knows how a large corporation should be run.

The more phones they ship the more horror stories that seem to come up. That's not the kind of press OnePlus needs with OP2 on the horizon.

9. tytanmcbride
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 15, 2015

tytanmcbride , Jun 15, 2015 :
    Regardless of being a startup or not, OnePlus has never had the best reputation when it comes to customer service. A company should have this stuff figured out before launching a product, and they failed.

That said, I hope you do get a reply back from them and your issue gets resolved!

10. siedkick
    Donut Jun 15, 2015

siedkick , Jun 15, 2015 :
    Until this week, I thought the One was the best thing out there. Last Christmas I bought a Nexus 6 for myself and ordered a One for my stepdaughter. I liked the One so much, I sold the Nexus and ordered a second One instead.

But recently my touchscreen began acting up, making the phone difficult to use, and the warranty runaround began. As of today, I have an appointment scheduled 9 days out (14 from initial ticket submission) just to "talk" about my issue.

This is 2015 and customer service is expected.

Google: Overnights your replacement phone. You send back the broken one in the same box.

HTC: Same thing. I once had to talk them out of sending me a new phone because I knew it wasn't a hardware issue.

OnePlus will need to step it up or the road ahead will be rocky.

I used to tell everyone what a great deal the One is and how I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Two. I will now be telling them to run the other way.

Oh, and if anyone's interested, the Nexus 6 is now $550 ($500 for the 32GB) and free shipping, down from $700. I know because I just ordered one. It's not a One and it's not $300 but if it quits, I know I'll be taken care of. Maybe my One will eventually get fixed but I can't go weeks without a phone while they avoid honoring their warranty.

So long, OnePlus. It was fun while it lasted.

----------

2020-04-13 Update

Time for a long-overdue follow-up.

Since my original post some five years ago, OnePlus has worked through their growing pains and steadily improved. Having now owned the 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6, it is my opinion that the OnePlus philosophy continues to be the best fit for me.

Just had to get this off my chest. Keep up the good work, OnePlus!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020

11. stat phantom
    Donut Jun 15, 2015

Frozenprakash likes this.
  12. Jima330
    Froyo Jun 17, 2015

Jima330 , Jun 17, 2015 :
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the "Start up" argument is getting old. And just to be fair Ivan - I wouldn't compare Oneplus to the big companies if they didn't do it first. What was that slogan "Never Settle"? Believe me I wish i hadn't.

stcareca, Linanc7 and benluca like this.
  13. Jima330
    Froyo Jun 17, 2015

Jima330 , Jun 17, 2015 :
    BTW .. finally have an appointment ... 10 days out and no RMA in sight. Ask yourself what else in your life do you pay money for that the warranty holder would ask you to fix yourself? I understand they are just trying to make sure it is an issue that needs their hands on before paying to send it back to HK, but it's a sad and greedy company that puts saving money before Customer Service. Time to figure out what every other company doing business has learned, listen to the customer and get them what they need. Your reputation is going down fast.

stcareca, SoniaB and Linanc7 like this.
  14. jkb114
    Lollipop Jun 17, 2015

jkb114 , Jun 17, 2015 :
    The reason they want to have access to your computer is so that they can run some diagnostics on your phone. There will be plenty of batch files that they will run. They will do this first before opting to bring it to them.

Sept12Coo2 likes this.
  15. armmani2001
    KitKat Jun 17, 2015

armmani2001 , Jun 17, 2015 :
    I got the exact same problem with the mic and sent pictures now waiting for support to contact me :( This is not good..

16. ih8c0ldweath3r
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2015

17. Dominique57350
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2015

Dominique57350 , Jun 17, 2015 :
    ---> PayPal contact support

Sept12Coo2 likes this.
  18. towe96
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 17, 2015

19. kunalgalav
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2015

kunalgalav , Jun 17, 2015 :
    Hi , I am totally disappointed by your service,I gave my mobile for repairing at Andheri (Mumbai, India) Service on 20th May. Expected return date was 30th May. But still on 17th June i am looking for my phone. reply i got from Service center is that they have not received replacement part (Touch Screen) from One plus company. My job sheet no. is JS15052000255. please help me in this matter

u06ec322 and Linanc7 like this.
  20. Jima330
    Froyo Jun 20, 2015

Jima330 , Jun 20, 2015 :
    An update for everyone. I have flashed O2 to no effect. Still cant use the mic for calls. I sent a response to Oneplus service on Tuesday to have them respond today and tell me if i didnt respond they would close my ticket. I will now respond every day since they seem to be unable to keep track of my emails. I have demanded an RMA and no more getting the customer to try to fix the phone. Almost 3 weeks now and i am getting more frustrated by the day. I will let you know.