An open post to Oneplus Customer Service

1. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2015

2. Deactivated User
    Jun 20, 2015

3. Jima330
    Froyo Jun 26, 2015

Jima330 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Another update .. i had support remote in to my PC and do all the things they have asked me to do over the last couple of weeks. Really it was just to make sure I was not an idiot. Nothing was fixed, the microphone is still inoperative and they are sending me to another dept to handle my ticket. I really do expect an RMA at this point. I can't imagine what else i have to do to qualify for that which is mine by contract.

MrFingerIII, armmani2001 and Linanc7 like this.
  4. Jima330
    Froyo Jun 26, 2015

Jima330 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    bakerbarber ... i would have done a Paypal dispute but i bought my 1+ August of last year.

Linanc7 likes this.
  5. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2015

brittonraya , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Ha-ha I was waiting on someone to say this. Oneplus seems to have some serious fanboism loyalty. Another company would have been dead since last year

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015

6. rattles
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2015

rattles , Jun 26, 2015 :
    i don't think i will ever allow OnePlus to remote connect to my PC. my PC is also my work PC and contains a lot of items which are confidential. a company like MS maybe but a company like OnePlus? Nope. you want me to send you logs? ok. want to take over my computer? nope.

lostLambda likes this.
  7. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    The whole process reminds me of gambling. Lemon or no lemon, or a potential lemon - these are the choices.:)

8. sdconnell
    Froyo Jun 26, 2015

9. rattles

rattles , Jun 26, 2015 :
    the best way to look at it as if you are buying a used phone. no warranty but much cheaper than new from a real company.

10. sdconnell
    Froyo Jun 26, 2015

sdconnell , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Good point. I'm on the fence between the moto x and the one. Practically the same specs, same price (now) and miles apart in customer service.

11. rattles

rattles , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I would have gone with the Moto X in a heartbeat if the camera wasn't so terrible.

12. armmani2001
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

armmani2001 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I have the remote session scheduled for Monday for mic issue :( its taking too long already.. Are there more steps after the remote session!!!

13. p51d007
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

p51d007 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    LOL, not again wtih the "this company is still a startup" crap.

tearing-hair-out.jpg

Ivanpoocky13 likes this.
  14. Bloodpuke
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

Bloodpuke , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Lol how long does it take for them to not be a start up anymore. Hadn't they been around about a year now?

15. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Jun 26, 2015 :
    yep a year and all I can say every day in these forums is deja vu; however, what is really sad is the cs situation doesn't surprise me. Bottom line is they don't have the money to pay for a customer service staff. This should be another thing to think about before trying to buy the O+2. I was very lucky with my 1+1 but I could have easily been one of the many angry customers who have had a very bad experience.

16. Waterdroid
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2015

Waterdroid , Jun 26, 2015 :
    It's as if it's getting worse..
    Well mate, you might know the drill, but here it comes: I'm a moderator, I can bring CS tickets and issues to direct attention of the staff and I sure as hell want to do so whenever I can. If you face an issue, let me know via PM and I'll get on it.

17. mdezayas54
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

mdezayas54 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I agree with you in almost everything you just said but going the other way toward Google may not be wise.
    I don't know if you have realized how quiet is everyone in the business... Speculation here and tomorrow another one over there. Concrete facts? None! You know why? Everyone is watching what others are going to bring for this year end (Christmas).
    Xiaomi seems to talk more in public because they owe big piece of Qualcomm and they can count on being the first to install the Q820 chip in their devices. The rest is thinking :) One plus has absolutely no "invite" in the 820 party, since the don't have the muscle yet.
    You'll see the 820 powering Samsung G6 eventually and the latest HTC For 2016, I don't know about LG...they are outsiders as and Nexus are standing in the last part of the line. :)

18. MrIanB
    Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2015

MrIanB , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I would never let OPO or any company tap into my PC remotely. Plain and simple, they should exchange the phone no questions asked. Apple does not do it, who does OPO think they can force you to have them in your PC. Hope it works out for you.

Ian B

RaptorFire and brittonraya like this.
  19. tjb50

tjb50 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I just went through this process. 2 months.. But did get a new phone, don't miss the appointment!! They flashed my phone with Oxygen and asked me to check the mic again, of course it didn't work. That's when they started the RMA process, they do pay shipping both ways on the replacement. Took two weeks to send mine back and get the new one in my hands. I did buy a used phone during the meantime. (Lumia 1020 becuase was curious and they are cheap on eBay)

Have to walk through the process, it takes long. I expected a month from the open ticket date, took two..oh well, happy with the replacemnt.

Just let them remote in and make sure you DL the files they need. I called just before the time to make sure they knew I was ready..I don't like wasting time either. Keep on them and watch the time zone stuff.

armmani2001 likes this.
  20. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015